PDA

View Full Version : TWS Driver's Edge this past weekend

Andy M
10-14-2002, 10:25 AM
Joe and I went to TWS this past weekend and had some big fun!!! Although it rained overnight on Saturday and then a little on Sunday morning, all in all, we had some pretty decent weather for most of the weekend.

There were close to 100 cars in this event, making this the largest track event I have ever participated in. I commend the coordinators of the Driver's Edge group for putting on a first class event. The event went off with no one getting hurt, and no major accidents. However, there was one guy with a C4 Vette with a Vortec blower on it who did not fare so well... he was on the throttle hard coming out of turn 6 heading to a very fast apex on turn 7 and his motor threw a rod right through the block. Luckily though, the guy was heads up enough to pull the car off the "race line" and kept most of the oil off the groove and onto the outside edge of the track. One of the track stewards showed me pieces of the piston they found on the track after this happened. Not a pretty sight!

The Cobra R did really well. The tires were sticking well and I had no off track excursions and nothing broke. I was running in the yellow run group and there were some pretty serious machines in my group. A couple of Vipers, a couple of Z06's (man, those things are fast on a road course!!!) and various other cars, including one Factory Five Shelby kit car with a hopped up 289. The highlight of my weekend came yesterday when I gained ground on and finally pasted the Ferrari 360 Modena!! Made my day!!!!

A very fun weekend indeed!! And now, on to the SCMC MidAmerica event on the 25th!!! Woohoo!!!

cobrapace94
10-14-2002, 11:17 AM
Thats what all those cars were I saw comming from Waco Sunday. Some cars towing small trailers with 4 tires behind and others with same numbers on the side (not drag racing #'s). Bet that was a good time.
:thumbsup: :bounce:

Andy M
10-19-2002, 03:12 PM
Here are a few pics taken by Hart Photography at TWS last weekend..

click on the link then click on "October 12-13" link at the bottom then click on number 155 to view the R on the track.

http://www.hart-photography.com/MotorSports/tde2002eventsfrm.html

Firme
10-19-2002, 03:21 PM
Andy I am so jealous, looks like you tore it up and had a blast as usual

http://www.hart-photography.com/MotorSports/TDE1002/155/images/IMG_4110.jpg

JoeJ
10-20-2002, 05:44 PM
Hey guys,

Oh yes, Andy and I had a great time at TWS. We need to get some more of the Houston Mustangers running open track. It is such a blast. Andy and I will be leaving for MAM Thursday morning. Hope to get to the track Friday about noon for an afternoon session.

I will attach a picture that was taken about a month ago at the Dallas SVTOA event at Texas Motor Speedway. Had a great time.
Joe