PDA

View Full Version : Rim Question

msmap
10-15-2002, 07:49 PM
Had to get a flat fixed on my ssssnk today and in the process, they messed up my rim pretty good. They are paying to have a wheel guy sand and buff the gouges out. Are these rims clear coated? Will buffing and sanding them take off that clear coat and will it have to be reapplied? Can the repair guy do this? Thanks all.

Firme
10-15-2002, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by msmap
Had to get a flat fixed on my ssssnk today and in the process, they messed up my rim pretty good. They are paying to have a wheel guy sand and buff the gouges out. Are these rims clear coated? Will buffing and sanding them take off that clear coat and will it have to be reapplied? Can the repair guy do this? Thanks all.

yes the rims are polished aluminum, they will have to buff and reapply clearcoat..or else they will look like $hit after a while where the clear coat is missing..

what shop was this??

cobrapace94
10-15-2002, 10:31 PM
Dang that really bits Sherri... I'll bet you were mad :mad: & cussing :cussing: up a storm with them. People just don't care about other peoples stuff anymore.
Hope they can fix if to as good as new for you.

S/C Cobra
10-15-2002, 10:35 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad luck. Why is it that every time you take your car in somewhere something happens?

The few times that I have accidentally bumped my rim on a curb and scuffed it I use a very fine metal sand paper to sand out the small nicks and follow after with that scratch ex compound and I get pretty good results.

My view is if they damaged it they should replace it. A new 2001 Cobra rim from Tommy Vaughn is only around $200 If I remember correctly.

Of course we all know that will never happen.

Best of luck and I will see you this Weekend.

Best Regards:

Lamar

msmap
10-16-2002, 03:02 PM
Thanks guys, I am are trying this guy out on Friday, can't make it any worse. If he does good, I will let you all know. Otherwise I guess I'll have to fight for a new rim. See ya Sat.