PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'd Like to Introduce Myself....!

Beanhead
10-17-2002, 05:29 PM
I'm Joe, and back in March, I picked up a '94 Rio Red Cobra in pretty good shape. It has the black cloth interior, and I believe, only 333 were made a such (my little piece of bragging rights!).

It came with an off road H-pipe (no cats), and two chamber flowmasters, and it sounds awesome! I have '99 Cobra wheels on it, 9MM motorsport plug wires, the obligatory K&N (I 'custom' crafted an exposed housing using a jigsaw, I have detailed pics on my website if you want to check it out), a thumping stereo, a recently installed silver Cobra graphic that spans the entire side (will upload those pics soon), and a chrome skull for a shifter...

Feel free to drop on by and check out quite a bit of pics I have up at my website:

http://home.attbi.com/~cjmorais/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Currently, my Cobra is on jackstands in my garage. My throwout bearing is making a lot of noise, and I might was well change the clutch while I'm in there. I just ordered a SPEC stage 1 clutch (anyone have this by the way?), and hope to have it all installed so I can be up and running asap

Well, that's all for now, thanks for listening, and I look forward to all the info. on this site!

97whitevert
10-17-2002, 05:34 PM
hi joe! the beanhead, from beantown huh? i was born and brought up south of boston, now live in the sunny south.

welcome and enjoy!

you'll find lots of info in here and answers when you need them. (and not just a bit of fun.....) ;) :D

97whitevert
10-17-2002, 05:39 PM
nice pics, btw....

cobrabitn
10-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Joe,

Get with Pat and they can tell you all sorts of things the SCMC is doing up there. I think they have an indoor karting event coming up soon. E-mail him at pmad300hp@aol.com and oh yeah, join SCMC. It'll make you feel right at home. ;)

cobragb
10-17-2002, 09:05 PM
Welcome Joe! I have a Spec stage II in my FFR Cobra. I love it!! It is by far the best clutch I have ever had behind a 5.0, even though mine is a 347 cu. in. now.

Cobra-R
10-17-2002, 09:57 PM
Welcome, Joe.

Like tony said, join the club. It will be the best $15.00 you ever spend. Great group of people and there is alot of knowlage in here.

Brian

Beanhead
10-17-2002, 10:48 PM
Thank you all for the welcomes! It is much appreciated!

I look forward to becoming a full fledged member soon, and hope to join some fellow SVT'ers for a group ride sometime!

97whitevert, you made the right move, traffic sucks and the weather is getting crappy!

cobragb, good to hear that I made a wise choice! Any ideas on how to drop the tranny without a lift in one's garage?!!!

cobrabitn, good to know there seems to be some activity in this area, I certainly will contact him!

Cobra-R, I look forward to joining!

Again, thanks for the welcomes!

http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/contrib/edoom/ALD.gif

Big Daddy
10-17-2002, 11:18 PM
Well let me add my welcome. WELCOME! ;) ;) :D This is the best car club you could join!! Great people, great events, great fun!

kevin
10-17-2002, 11:45 PM
and i'll add mine:thumbsup:

good group of folks in here (and in person).

if you do car shows, drags, or open track - you'll find plenty of opportunity to meet folks

smashedheadcat
10-18-2002, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Beanhead

cobragb, good to hear that I made a wise choice! Any ideas on how to drop the tranny without a lift in one's garage?!!!

http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/contrib/edoom/ALD.gif

Welcome!! This club is packed full of knowlegable, funny, and very very very wonderful people. I've been treated top knotch and I thank everyone for it.

Okay, the trans..... Get 4 jack stands, and one pump jack. Lift the car and support it with the jack stands. You don't need the car "that" high, but high enough for the trans to come out. From there, drain the trans fluid, take off the shifter, and unbolt the drive shaft from the rear, and slide it out. Remove H-pipe, and trans crossmember. Put the jack underneath the trans, and unbolt the transmisson from either the bellhousing or engine....... whichever you want to do. One all the bolts are out, and the lines are disconnected (all of them)... slowly lower the jack. From there, you'll be able to get a good grip on the trans, and move it from the jack to the floor. Then carefully slide it out from under the car.

Okay, keep in mind that i'm only 21 years old, and not a pro. This is the way i've always done it, and it hasn't failed me yet. So take this info as you will.

bolt-on
10-22-2002, 09:33 PM
One more welcome, Joe from Michigan.........
Larry purchased our Cobra last year in June and we hooked up with the club in October for a track event at Gingerman. The only nasty weekend of the fall! But we met many great people that we look forward to being with at the few track events that we can attend. I can relate to the car being on jack stands.....seems like that is where ours spends alot of time.....also love the sound of the Flow Masters we put on my '65 fastback.
Watch out for us Cobra Chicks out there :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
J bolt-on

tgentry
10-22-2002, 09:55 PM
One more welcome coming your way. Come on in, join us. Ask questions (I see you already got an answer), answer questions, discuss or just chat. I've been in many car clubs over the years but none better than this one.:thumbsup:

97whitevert
10-22-2002, 10:33 PM
well said Tom!! :bounce::bounce:

Beanhead
10-22-2002, 10:47 PM
Too cool!

Glad to see female Cobra owners/drivers too! I ride a Ninja ZX7R when it's nice out, and every year I see more and more women riding!!! To boot, I took a Motorcycle Safetly Foundation course over the summer, and 50% of the class was female!!! Right on, Right on!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

97whitevert
10-22-2002, 10:53 PM
:D:D:D and to be sure it is MY car!!! (so is the track car being built....)

tgentry
10-23-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
:D:D:D and to be sure it is MY car!!! (so is the track car being built....)

I'll vouch for Lisa's car, and it's well driven too.

Lisa, what kind of track car is Clarence building?

97whitevert
10-23-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by tgentry
I'll vouch for Lisa's car, and it's well driven too.

Lisa, what kind of track car is Clarence building?

thanks tom!!
It is an 86 fox body...interior is almost all out, cage will be next, keep going back and forth between a v8 or 4 banger turbo.....:thumbsup: :thumbsup: