PDA

View Full Version : Let's say, you were looking to buy a used Cobra...

Mystic_Cobra
10-18-2002, 12:13 AM
...and you didn't want to spend a whole lot...
You were thinking something with a few miles would be okay...
You would probably do a few mods once you got it and drive it regularly or even daily...

When shopping around, would you rather find one that was stock with NO mods whatsoever OR would you rather pick one up that already had the most common upgrades done like shifter, moderate lowering, and maybe a pair of flowmaster mufflers?
AND would you be willing to pay any extra for such mods?

Some personal experience and opinions would be VERY welcome here.
:confused: <-- This little man is supposed to be confused, but he just looks sad. :doubt:

Thanks!

Spiffy668
10-18-2002, 08:34 AM
Since I've had time to reflect on it, I'd look for something as close to stock as possible. When I picked up my 95, it had everything I was going to upgrade/change anyway: MAC shorties, O/R H pipe, flowmasters, pro 5.0 shifter, 3.73s, Eibach springs, all for a good price. What I also inherited has a timing issue that I still was unable to fix even before I sold the car.

My 99 I picked up completely stock. It may have high miles, 65k right now, but I got a good deal and I'll know what's in the car and any problems I run across, I'll be the culprit. :D

sfuller
10-19-2002, 12:19 AM
Personally, I'd like mine fairly stock. I could take a shifter and mufflers, but that would be about it. I'm a little picky on suspension parts, so I'd rather do that myself.

tcrews
10-19-2002, 08:27 PM
As close to stock as possible, mods will gain you very little (to none) in extra money. Mods are a personal choice, your choice in muffler may not be the buyers, etc.....

SIUNARA
10-24-2002, 09:11 PM
I'd like mine with mods for two reasons. First is that modifications don't really bring up the value of the car all that much, so you can get a good deal and get some extra parts (for a lot less than buying them yourself)...which leads to my second reason of being able to have a few things done to the car already that I would have planned to do (saves money), and if there were parts on the car that I didn't like, I could sell them to buy what I really want and save even more money. :D

RoushCobra
10-24-2002, 10:21 PM
I think you are asking because you are selling your car? I bought my '97 in Sept '01 with aftermarket (Roush) 18" rims and a Roush installed Vortech supercharger, upgraded TB, injectors, chip, etc for the loan value of the Cobra itself. The car had been for sale for a 7 months (and had 11,000 miles on it). The previous owner got nothing out of the mods and it made it harder to sell (until I wandered along :))