PDA

View Full Version : Gears Question


Black98Cobra
10-22-2002, 01:26 PM
Just wondering if someone could tell me where to buy gears. I think I am going to go with a 3.73 rear end.
Thanks:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
10-22-2002, 01:32 PM
373:1's cough, cough, .... what do you plan to use the car for? Open track or Drag strip/street racing?

If it's the latter, go with 4:10's. ;)

BlackStallion Racing
10-23-2002, 08:05 PM
4.10s???? Come on Tony... 4.30s at least if you are going blown or 4.56s for N/A...

I personally started my "get the car ready" period. I am going to be building it up little by little until I am ready for my turbo setup... :D

I will still keep the juice for those moments when it will be needed, but I am tired of its inconsistence behavior...

JAYSLOSTBOYZ
10-24-2002, 02:46 PM
Go with 4.10's, I love the combo i have great for street and strip.

Yellow98Snake
10-25-2002, 05:46 PM
Back to the original question....

Try www.gefracing.com

Best prices I could find for my 4.30's

Black Snake
10-25-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Yellow98Snake
Back to the original question....

Try www.gefracing.com

Best prices I could find for my 4.30's
What he said. I second the 4.30's also.

Don't fear the gear!

shoyoas
11-08-2002, 12:32 PM
4.30's all day long!

colt .45
12-05-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by shoyoas
4.30's all day long!


http://www.fordpower.net/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

28 Fangs
12-06-2002, 01:14 AM
4.10's if it's your daily driver and your racing ride.....if you just race,4.30's.....or get used to more frequent gas stops..just my 0.02 cents....

daddyfixer
12-06-2002, 06:22 AM
4:88s work perfect with my set up, but not for everyone.

smashedheadcat
12-06-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by daddyfixer
4:88s work perfect with my set up, but not for everyone.

NICE!!!!!!!!

STANGBUM
12-06-2002, 08:35 AM
4:10's work great for me, as this is my daily driver:yup: :yup:

bolt-on
12-06-2002, 12:04 PM
Diversified Products Marketing Inc. has Ford Racing 3.73 or 4.10 ring and pinion sets for $139. www.BuyFordMotorsport.com (http://www.BuyFordMotorsport.com)

JBejarano
12-06-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by bolt-on
Diversified Products Marketing Inc. has Ford Racing 3.73 or 4.10 ring and pinion sets for $139. www.BuyFordMotorsport.com (http://www.BuyFordMotorsport.com)

Just ordered my 4.10's from there. couldn't beat that price! :thumbsup: Anybody know a good, inexpensive place in houston to get them installed??

cobrabitn
12-07-2002, 12:20 PM
Does HP do that? If so, give Steve a hollar and tell him you're with us and he'll treat you right :thumbsup:

colt .45
12-07-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by JBejarano
Just ordered my 4.10's from there. couldn't beat that price! :thumbsup: Anybody know a good, inexpensive place in houston to get them installed??
http://www.battlegroundracing.com/ is real close to you I believe. That is where I got my gears installed. Did a great job. :D

JBejarano
12-08-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by colt .45
http://www.battlegroundracing.com/ is real close to you I believe. That is where I got my gears installed. Did a great job. :D

cool man, thanks!!:thumbsup: Probably give them a call Monday to see what its gonna cost me. Can't wait to have them put in!! :D :bounce:

colt .45
12-10-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by JBejarano
cool man, thanks!!:thumbsup: Probably give them a call Monday to see what its gonna cost me. Can't wait to have them put in!! :D :bounce:


What did they say?

JBejarano
12-10-2002, 08:45 PM
man, havent been able to call them yet......been busy working and packing....moving to Magnolia this weekend. I'll probably send them an email right now though....hopefully they will check it and reply. If not, its all good, wouldnt be able to get them in until next Tuesday anyway, so we'll see what they say.

JBejarano
12-10-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by JBejarano
man, havent been able to call them yet......been busy working and packing....moving to Magnolia this weekend. I'll probably send them an email right now though....hopefully they will check it and reply. If not, its all good, wouldnt be able to get them in until next Tuesday anyway, so we'll see what they say.

Alright, PM'd them over on FordPower.net and got a quote of $350. Not bad at all....a little less than RSI which quoted me $365.....now its just a matter of making a decision on which one to go to.....RSI has the upper hand though since they would (hopefully) be able to program my Diablo chip to compensate for the gears....hm...decisions decisions.......

colt .45
12-11-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by JBejarano
Alright, PM'd them over on FordPower.net and got a quote of $350. Not bad at all....a little less than RSI which quoted me $365.....now its just a matter of making a decision on which one to go to.....RSI has the upper hand though since they would (hopefully) be able to program my Diablo chip to compensate for the gears....hm...decisions decisions.......
That is for gears and install I assume. Not bad at all. :)

Tim Lester
01-08-2003, 08:56 PM
I've got 4.56s and I like them.