View Full Version : Convertible tops?

11-04-2002, 10:01 AM
What do you guys use, if anything at all, to clean/protect your tops? I do like the wet look cuz when the black is dry, it looks pretty dull. I was thinking something like armorall, but I'm sure there's got to be something better out there. Any suggestions?? Thanks. :D

Topless In Tex
11-07-2002, 10:58 PM
I dont ever put anything on mine cuz its always down anyways! :)
PLUS...its bout to be replaced w/ my new one thats in my living room. Ive heard that armorall can crack or dry the top, but I dont know how true that is...
I too like a shiny look on my black or plastic parts. I would suggest a tire shine...maybe just a lite one...ENDURANCE is great, but might be too greasy. Eagle One makes TIRE WET that is a spray... If you use armorall, the DETAILERS AVANTAGE is the best one Ive found for a really shiny, wet look!
Lemme know which you decided you like!

11-08-2002, 07:28 AM
Most Armorall products are alcohol based. They would not be good for anything leather, rubber, and most likely vinyl. Use a vinly top dressing and you should be okay. I'd recommend 3M as it works good on all plastics, rubber, and vinyl. Just my opinion. ;)

11-14-2002, 03:02 PM
i use vinlyex. it works good and lasts a fairly long time.

11-14-2002, 06:52 PM
I use Raggtopp from Haartz, ordered online from the web. Seems to work better than anything else I've tried.


12-08-2002, 06:06 PM
Mothers Convertible Top Cleaner followed up with Vinylex. MCA judges have been impressed with the results.