PDA

View Full Version : SVT 03' cobra upgrades

cobra03blue
11-04-2002, 08:22 PM
Hello again everyone!

About a week ago I asked if anyone had any ideas about some possible upgrades for the 2003 SVT Cobra, and I was told that if you put the SVT lightning pulley on the supercharger that you could get about six pounds more boost. I was wondering if any of you guys had tried this, and if so, what your results were. If anyone knows, if you put on the new pulley, will the computer automatically compensate for the air fuel mixture or do you have to get a chip to go along with it? And one more thing, how easy is it to take the silencer off the air box? Just wondering so I know what I'm going to try and get myself into. Thanks everyone!

Chris:

cobragb
11-05-2002, 12:38 AM
Getting the silencer off was easy. I installed a Densecharger a couple of weeks ago and removed the whole thing in the process. It was very easy.

I ordered a lower pulley kit since I've heard so many people having problems with belt slippage. They say that 3.1 upper is about the smallest you can put on without slipping.

You can go without a chip adding a couple of pounds of boost over stock, but after that you need a chip. It is cheap insurance if you ask me. I wouldn't gamble $35-40k on it!

Glen

mollydog
11-20-2002, 08:34 AM
I have completed just about every bolt-on you can do to an 03 cobra and I currently have a 2.80" pulley on the supercharger and have no belt slipage. The only problem you probably will run into is that you will probably have to change injectors and add a boost fuel pump. My cobra is currently at MVPerformance and is being dynotuned for the second time with the add of the new injectors and pump. They had detuned my car to 452hp temporarly until this upgrade could be done, I was running out of gas at approx. 5500 rpm. Should get it back in several days. Have fun and be careful. BTW no matter what pulley you change you must get a chip and have it dynotuned for safety sake, thats the right way to do it.

03 cobra toy
11-24-2002, 10:25 PM
Hey Mollydog,
I just got an 03.. what are the best mods for the $ to HP. I know that the pulley seem to be the one of the best mods, but after that what's next?
Thanks, David

cobrabitn
11-25-2002, 01:20 AM
I would go with the exhaust first. You can make as much as 55 rwhp and that's a lot of power for a small amount of investment. :)

mollydog
11-25-2002, 08:44 AM
01 Cobra Toy
Right now the mods I have is an off road xpipe with Borla catback,
lighting intake(filter), 50# injectors, boost fuel pump. The next thing you should do is the exhaust system, you're looking at about 1000 to do the swap over. It sounds great. I've seen a lot of people have made the upper pulley swap and their a/f ratio was in the 13's., not good you need to be somewhere between 11 and 12. I am going to replace the lighting filter with a cold air intake (4") within the next several months, will let you know how it turns out. Have fun with your new toy.

03 cobra toy
11-28-2002, 11:18 AM
Thanks guys for the info....I'll go with the exhaust first. Mollydog let me know what you end up with on the dyno.Hvae a great day!

cobra544
12-01-2002, 09:44 AM
FYI - I have a 4lb pulley and have had no problems with slipping. I do, however have a wheel-hop problem since adding more hp.