PDA

View Full Version : Got BS Ticket.

Bartman01
11-09-2002, 08:49 PM
Just got back from the Bahamas, so I decided to take the Cobra out for a quick trip to Best Buy. Almost took the Pathfinder, but since I haven't driven the Snake in over a week I took it instead. Went to pass a couple of slow cars, and slightly chirped 2nd. Don't know where he was hiding, but some Constable pulled me over for exhibition. Wasn't even a good 2nd gear scratch - just a chirp.

Anyone know how much it costs to get a lawyer? I am eligable for DD and will probably go that route, but I am annoyed enough to fight it.

Josh968
11-10-2002, 12:43 AM
Try this guy James Gerson @ 713 526 8666. I used him a few years ago to help me out of a speeding ticket. It is straight up $100.

Anyway, that's how it was a few years ago. He helped me and my Dad, so hopefully he can do the same for you.

Firme
11-10-2002, 03:46 AM
Shop around with a lawyer

here is a guy I used a few tims, in Houston he got the tickets dismissed hassle free.. in Sugar Land, he got me Deferred adjudification :mad: ( I could have done that ) each lawyer has his strong area....

Lance Smith
(713) 880-1125

Also, if you spot Don around here, he has a kick ass lawyer from what he has told me :D

Topless In Tex
11-10-2002, 04:30 AM
DAMN! that sucks....BAHAMAS.......oooooohhhhhhhh! Like to be there now! :thumbsup:
You are elligible for defensive driving once a year. Although, every county,or city, has a 'limit' to the speed limit if your speeding. After so much over, they wont let you do it. I've also done the 'differed adjudifaction' as well myself. And again, in every city it is different. when i did it the last time, I just had to pay a fine, and not get a ticket for 3 months, but it DID NOT go on my record! If I got a ticket, Id have to pay the fine for the new ticket. the OLD ticket AND it would go on my record!! :rolleyes: I think that is when I got my last League City Ticket. My last Houston ticket, I went for the dif. Ad. but they wanted you to take def. driving, and to write a 3 page essay on the 'art' of defensive driving.....um. dont think so. So, I just went for the Defensive Driving.
You can pay the money for a lawyer and go thru all that, or just pay the court fee and you have 3 months to take defensive driving. (or 6, i forget) I should remember, I got a ticket again a couple of months ago in Friendswood. But its been 14 months since I did DD so, I should be able to take it again. THE COMEDY CLUBS are the best! I take it down here in Dickinson. Its a kick! (no, they dont serve drinks!) :( after the class, the hood was popped on Topless and they were checking out my car! LOL!
You can also take it ONLINE.....I would do that now, but I know I could not sit at the computer and do that...I"d be too busy posting on forums and sending emails..from what I understand, its VERY easy online, you do thier little 'test' and BINGO...A+ :)
Good luck to ya, and let us know what you decide to do...also, if you do defensive driving, you can submit it to your ins. co. and get 10% knocked off your car insurance! :thumbsup:
:banana:TNT:banana: