PDA

View Full Version : lookin for longtubes

temjin9876
11-19-2002, 03:45 PM
I am going to get my motor mounts replaced in the next month and realized that this is a perfect time to get longtube headers. I think I have decided on BBK but am confused about the chrome finish vs. ceramic. I was also wondering if anyone has any positive or negative things to say about longtube headers especially concerning BBK. Also, does anyone know a good place to buy them?

any other info on your longtubes would be appreciated

thanx

smashedheadcat
11-20-2002, 12:35 AM
From what i've read, you wanna stay away from MAC long tubes. I've got the BBK LT's and i'm very very impressed with them. They are definately fine pieces of art, and judging by the dyno numbers they are pullin they are definatley worth the money. Installation is a pain in the a** but all in all not too shabby. If your motor is gonna be out anyway i'd definately get them. On the other side of the table, look into JBA shorties. They're similarly priced, easier to install, and it'll be less of a hassle if you ever have to change out your clutch. They don't pull quite the numbers that the long tubes do, but they are the closest out there. I hear that hooker long tubes are getting great numbers as well, and also don't get in the way of the transmission when it comes time to change the clutch. The hooker headers can be found on www.seanhylandmotorsport.com I purchased my BBK long tubes from Brothers Performance Warehouse for $499. www.brothersperformance.com

tnturbo
11-20-2002, 09:43 PM
I believe I would go with the new Hooker headers. Very nice quality and fit from what I have. You can also remove your transmission with them bolted up. I would check with Jet Hot and see if they would match the Corral GP price (they did for my friend about 2-3 weeks ago). The Kooks headers are also real nice if you are ready to spend a little more $$$. Last I heard Big Daddy was getting a set of these from JDM.

Big Daddy
11-21-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by tnturbo
I believe I would go with the new Hooker headers. Very nice quality and fit from what I have. You can also remove your transmission with them bolted up. I would check with Jet Hot and see if they would match the Corral GP price (they did for my friend about 2-3 weeks ago). The Kooks headers are also real nice if you are ready to spend a little more $$$. Last I heard Big Daddy was getting a set of these from JDM.

I've got mine and they look great, they are going on the car in the next week. I should get the car back the first week of December...around the 6th. I'll let you know how they do after that. :D :thumbsup:

BTW mine are ceramic coated.

tnturbo
11-22-2002, 12:05 AM
Hey BD, how about a picture or 3 of those headers. I am seriously considering getting a set of those this winter and installing with the Griggs frontend.

Big Daddy
11-22-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by tnturbo
Hey BD, how about a picture or 3 of those headers. I am seriously considering getting a set of those this winter and installing with the Griggs frontend.

I'll take some pics this weekend and post them here for you. :D :thumbsup: