PDA

View Full Version : AutoRama My Pick For Best Of Show

94 White Snake
12-01-2002, 03:14 PM
This would be my pick for Best Of Show at AutoRama here in Houston.
White Snake (Steve)

Firme
12-01-2002, 06:04 PM
there was alot of fine cars there on Saturday....

whilst walking around, David had a brilliant idea. Since there seemed to be cars sectioned off with their own props, next year, it would be a good idea, to get our own Cobra Club section. We can have our banner up, flyers, props, and we could possibly take "Shifts" being with the cars since its a 2 day event...

that would be a great way to get recognized by those who don't know about us yet, and it would help honor the Cobra's @ Autorama since they didn't seem to be well represented there this weekend (couple of fine red 93's and a few sn 95's)

Also, we came across Henry Rasmussen's booth in the swap area... he used to frequent our Yahoo group and lost touch when we moved to the message board (we gave him directions to get back with the program :thumbsup: )
He sells fine cobra paraphernalia, and had some great jackets that a handful of us bought. It would be nice to wear these at events so we can be easily recognized...

If anyone would like one, we can get you Henry's email, or he might surprise us and post on the message board

here are the front and back of the jacket

http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/misc/Cobra_Jacket.jpg
http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/misc/Cobra_Jacket2.jpg
:thumbsup:

Topless In Tex
12-01-2002, 06:30 PM
Ya, when we saw that Car on Friday...We were pretty blown away by it....You know I agree w/ you on that one Steve. It's my pick too! ;)

Edmond, yea, we seen those on Friday. He did not have the one I wanted in my size, and I got one of his cards. I plan on ordering one. I think the one I wanted had the blue collar. :thumbsup:

Great idea about next year....You should all show together. Its much more fun that way, and you really dont HAVE to have someone there all the time w/ the cars, but it is a good idea to set up a table w/ applications and information on the club for people who inquire, and if someone is there to answer questions.
Also, if you do this, I would suggest putting together a photo album for people to look at at club events and shows you have pics of.. Like Ennis, or cruises, and things like that! Makes people see that you are motivated and you like to do things as a club and are active.. :)
:banana:TNT:banana:

Levi
12-01-2002, 08:50 PM
Steve you are right on with your pick for best of show.
Edmond the jackets are vary cool and it would be great if most or all of us got one, I sure like my jacket.
Thanks Sherri for getting us in on these great jackets.
Davids suggestion about the Autorama Cobra group car show is brilliant and Christine thoughts are vary good suggestion keep them coming, lets pump up the volume, rock and roll.

Topless In Tex
12-01-2002, 08:58 PM
Another good idea that me and Steve have done when we've shown w/ a group of us is if we can, have a small tv/vcr and show either Club Videos, or Car Show videos...it always gets other peoples attention, and brings more people to your display. :thumbsup:
I know myself, I've got about a dozen videos(some professional) of shows I've (or we've) done. Its cool to let people see them. Especially if there are alot of locals in it! :burnout:

cobrapace94
12-01-2002, 09:02 PM
That is a awsome car, it would be tie between that one the the Green Impala.

Bartman01
12-01-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Topless In Tex
we...have a small tv/vcr and show either Club Videos, or Car Show videos

If we do this, it would be better to get the video burned to DVD. That way it could be set to automatically repeat (and won't need babysitting).

Also - one display had a laptop running a slide show of photos. We could do the same thing, but put the slide show on monitor (Edmond's idea) to clean up the display a little (and remove the temptation to grab a laptop). I've got enough old compter equipment around to supply the PC. But, the only spare monitor I have is an old 14" that has some issues. Theoretically, if we had a good enough PC for the weekend, the Slide Show and DVD could both be run from the one machine - limiting the amount of equipment needed.

97CasperCobra
12-01-2002, 11:20 PM
Here are the photos I took at Autorama, my battery was going, so I couldn't do much. :(

http://www.mustangmods.com/publish/97CasperCobra/AutoRama%202002

Topless In Tex
12-01-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Bartman01
If we do this, it would be better to get the video burned to DVD. That way it could be set to automatically repeat (and won't need babysitting).

GREAT IDEA!!!!!!! BABYSITTING VIDEOS SUCKS!

But, the only spare monitor I have is an old 14" that has some issues. .

I HAVE 2- 17" MONITORS AND A 15"!! ;) I'd be MORE THAN HAPPY TO MAKE A LOAN FOR THE WEEKEND!:thumbsup:

Great pics Mike! I love that Torino!! Steve judged that car when we judged Autorama a couple of years ago...Still looks GREAT! :D

cobltng
12-02-2002, 11:43 AM
These Jackets are to die for please post Mr. Rasmussen's phone number or email address.

msmap
12-02-2002, 12:11 PM
His addy is HMRASMUSSEN35@hotmail.com

He has Cobra watches also, men's and women's. He is liscensed by Ford for this stuff. We gave him our web site so he should pop up on here some time. His son is on the yahoo group. He lives in DFW area and travels to different shows thruout the year. He is a very cool guy, one of us "oldsters" :bounce:

cobrapace94
12-02-2002, 02:44 PM
Edmond, you stole my jacket.... :)
We are all going to look like brothers, relatives at least, wearing the same jacket. Sherris is a little different anyways.
They are good looking jackets. I like them, guess that's why I bought one.

cobltng
12-02-2002, 04:21 PM
Thanks a Mil Sherri. I will get in touch with Henry. Have you ordered any of the new club shirts from Tony? I did and I think they are really kewl and comfortable ( nice for old folk like me )

94 White Snake
12-02-2002, 06:02 PM
I could not pass this one up!

Firme
12-02-2002, 06:22 PM
the first thing that pops into my head when lookin at that is "STRAIGHT PIMPIN' "
where's my pink top hat with the feather in it...

Firme
12-02-2002, 06:29 PM
How bout some Domestic UNCLE BENS..

here is the front of this "WICKED" firebird

:retard:

Firme
12-02-2002, 06:30 PM
and the back :rolleyes:

97CasperCobra
12-02-2002, 09:41 PM
AHHH...NOT AGAIN!!! My EYES, My EYES!!! :eek:

That thing was horrible. Wonder if he enters it in the Art Car Parade too. :D

Topless In Tex
12-02-2002, 11:16 PM
I wonder if he picks up ALL the Satellite stations w/ that rear wing! :surprise:
Ya, that pink one was cool....its AWFULLY PINK...BUT IT was a nice car! :)

PAJ
12-04-2002, 09:08 AM
Wait a minute... What's up with the '72 Torino "Cobra"? I've been researching the '72's for as long as I've owned one (which is 20 years and counting), and NONE of the material I've collected, including original sales brochures, Ford performance books, etc. say anything about a Cobra version being offered that year. I know it was offered up to '71, but not '72.

Anyone take a close look at this car, or talk to the owner?

It looks like a fantastic car, really well done, and you don't see them around much anymore, but I question whether that snake belongs on the fender...:doubt:

97CasperCobra
12-04-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by PAJ
I question whether that snake belongs on the fender...:doubt:

Yea...that's why I took a pic of it. Not even sure they made those Cobra badges back then. Anyone???

94 White Snake
12-04-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by PAJ
Wait a minute... What's up with the '72 Torino "Cobra"? I've been researching the '72's for as long as I've owned one (which is 20 years and counting), and NONE of the material I've collected, including original sales brochures, Ford performance books, etc. say anything about a Cobra version being offered that year. I know it was offered up to '71, but not '72.

It looks like a fantastic car, really well done, and you don't see them around much anymore, but I question whether that snake belongs on the fender...:doubt:

I would be glad to get the owner in touch with you.
I have judged the car several times in the last couple years and all of his documentation seems to be correct.
It is a one owner and driven to all events car.
Let me know.
White Snake (Steve)
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Bartman01
12-04-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by PAJ

Did a quick search in google and found this (talking about the very same car):

http://www.liketelevision.com/web1/grantorino/wwwboard/152.html

PAJ
12-05-2002, 08:37 AM
Hey, Bartman,
Yeah that was me over there on the Torino board :) That board is a great resource for me.

Steve,
I would love to get hold of the owner, and find out more about it. I know that while I have lots of Torino stuff, there is always something out there that I didn't know. If this is truly a 72 Cobra, then I am doubly impressed with this guy; firstly for having a 72 Torino in such good shape, and secondly for having what has got to be one of the rarest (and most attractive, IMHO) cars on the planet!:thumbsup:

PAJ
12-05-2002, 08:40 AM
Of course, it would help if I would actually try Bartman's link so that I would see that all of my questions were answered there and I wouldn't look like a complete idiot...

I think I'll try to chalk it up to cruising the forums before I've had my coffee in the morning. :zz:

Still, gotta love that car!