PDA

View Full Version : advise on cost effective mods

serpico
12-01-2002, 03:20 PM
i just traded my 97 pacific green cobra for a 2001 mineral grey cobra and need some advise. i want to increase hp and lower ets without voiding my warranty(only has 10000 miles). i say cost effective because my wife can't understand modding a new car.
i thought that my 97 was fast but this car is much faster and i can't find any mods as of yet. the exhaust note is much louder but as far as i can tell it looks stock. i plan to dyno as soon as i can find a local shop. need mods fast as i still fear local bowties.
ps just recieved k&n aircharger for xmas.

Ken 01-Cobra
12-01-2002, 04:54 PM
Some normal bolt-ons and the resultant dyno charts are available at my site. Just click the link in my sig. Not saying these are the only way to go, just if you go with these, you have some dyno charts to look at for what realistic gains to expect vs. the marketing hype. :thumbsup: :D

tcrews
12-01-2002, 05:07 PM
Gears, I suggest 4.10s or 4.30s (drivability will be great so don't worry). Next, exhaust...either offroad X or offroad H pipe. Underdrive pulleys will help free up some horsepower currently used to spin the accessories......

Sticky tires!! Add the above and you'll have a very stout car. Most are pretty inexpensive too :)