PDA

View Full Version : How to remove bumper letters HELP!!

dmalemodel
12-09-2002, 07:19 PM
I have a 96 cobra and bought the new letters to go on my bumper but the old letters must be some kind of fiberglass or something because when i try to take them off its like im possible.. i have tried the hair drier and it seems to help but it only comes off w/ heavy scraping and pulls the paint w/ it...
I have also tried adhesive removal and goo gone and still cannot get it to budge.. it seams like they are fiberlass by the wat they feel and chip off.. PLEASE HELP

temjin9876
12-11-2002, 10:35 AM
I have picked up some very good tips about this.

My method is use the hair dryer to heat up ONE LETTER AT A TIME AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU KEEP THE HAIR DRYER MOVING. When it is warm to the touch, peel off as much as you can with your hand. Then use a cotton terry towel (I like to use a new one) and pour Rain-X all over it. I know it seems a little unorthodox to use Rain-X on your paint but it definately helps in getting all of the little pieces of adhesive off. It takes some elbow grease but the adhesive will rub of cleanly.

When you are done, rinse the area, dry it, then wax it. It will look good as new!

hope that helps