PDA

View Full Version : TWS track day - Jan. 16th

Andy M
12-12-2002, 09:46 PM
All,

Anyone here interested in joining Joe Johnson and myself at TWS on Jan. 16th?? An old friend of mine has rented the track for one day and still has slots open. I've done many of these in the past with him and they are a blast.

Basically, he allows no more than 30 cars, and there is only one run group. There are usually some very cool cars there... mostly Porsches, BMWs, an occasional Ferrari, and various and sundry other cars (oh yeah, and don't forget the Cobra Rs) and you get unlimited track time for the day.

Cost is $245.00 for the day.

Let me know if any of you are interested and I will give you the email and phone number for the coordinator.

This will be the first track event (with many more to come hopefully?) of the 2003 year, and it should be fun! I finally got the Cobra R breathing right again after the A$$ whuppin I put on it at MAM in October. I now have all new brake rotors, new pads all around, a new clutch, and fresh fluids everywhere. Time to get it on the track again and have some fun!

Contact me directly if you are interested? Also, if you would just like to attend just to see what this open track thing is all about??, I can arrange for your entrance as a spectator only. Just let me know ahead of time.

my email is rmenard71@earthlink.net

Firme
12-13-2002, 02:16 AM
I would love to, but I don't think I can swing the $245, it being so close to christmas :( , it suck cause the suspension work will probably be done on the car by then

SNAKE EYES
12-23-2002, 12:04 PM
Andy,

What group do you normally run with? The Drivers Edge Club or have you run with TWS Motorsports Club. I have a neighbor who is an instuctor with the Drivers Edge Club but I was curious as the difference between the two, type of cars, atmosphere? Appreciate any input. Have a good Christimas.

Jim

Andy M
12-25-2002, 08:04 PM
Jim,

This particular group is not an "official" club. The guy who runs this event (an old friend of mine who used to work for Momentum BMW) rents the track every now and then and a few of us go to have some fun without the massive crowds that the other groups have. I have done some Drivers Edge events and although they run a first class event, there are just too many cars there and you don't get enough track time.

This particular event is one day only but you can basically stay on the track ALL day long... till either you or the car gets tired!:rolleyes: :D

Wanna come?? let me know cause the slots are filling up fast. He allows no more than 30 cars. There is supposed to be a guy there this time with one of the new Porsche GT2's? Also, my friend Dr Murphy will likely be there with his Ferrari 360 Challenge Race Car.

And there will be a few Vette Z06's to play with.

97CasperCobra
12-27-2002, 02:04 AM
I'll most likely come up there to watch and get some video/picture footage Andy. I'll let you know for sure when the date nears. We need footage for our "library" of events for the SouthCentral Region. Take care.

SNAKE EYES
12-27-2002, 11:29 AM
Andy,

I can't make it thursday, I'll be up at TWS the weekend before for a SCCA Double Regional Race. I will defintely be interested in attending the next one. The one day event, with a smaller crowd would be much more convenient for me. Let us know how it goes, have fun.

Jim

Andy M
12-27-2002, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by SNAKE EYES
Andy,

I can't make it thursday, I'll be up at TWS the weekend before for a SCCA Double Regional Race. I will defintely be interested in attending the next one. The one day event, with a smaller crowd would be much more convenient for me. Let us know how it goes, have fun.

Jim I will make sure to let you all know once the next event has been scheduled.