PDA

View Full Version : Texas World Speedway - open track event

cobrabitn
12-16-2002, 01:45 PM
The SCMC will have an open track event at Texas World Speedway at College Station, Texas on August 23-24, 2003.

This event will consist of two days of open track at this well known facility.

For more information on this event check our website at www.svtcobraclub.com/mainpage.html or e-mail Mike at sharktooth_76@hotmail.com

If you plan to go, post here!

JoeJ
12-30-2002, 10:15 AM
Oh yes, I will be there for sure. TWS is a great 2.9 mile track. It has about everything you would like in a road course. A bunch of speed down the front and back straights, some elevation changes, a tight carousel, and some decreasing ratio turns. Going into turn one at about 140 mph is such a rush. Hmmmm...Yep, I enjoy TWS.

Attached is a web site for Texas World Speedway: http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/

Hope to see a bunch of SCMC members there.

cobrabitn
12-30-2002, 10:18 AM
The deposit money was sent last week to TWS, hope you enjoy the ride..... :rotf:

AV8R
01-19-2003, 10:06 PM
Count me in! :thumbsup:

Andy M
01-25-2003, 09:00 PM
I'm in!! What a great birthday present to myself!!

Tony, How many instructors do we need for this event? I suppose it depends on how many registrants we get? I will begin really hyping up this event so we can make it the best and biggest SCMC event yet.

cobrabitn
01-26-2003, 11:21 AM
Andy,

You all need the same thing we need here. 5 staff people, 15 instructors, and 60 participants. That should make for a very successfull event.

We also got a new member from Houston, TX that owns a 2000 R. His name is Jason Michelli. Looks like we can add another R to the group. ;)

I also know we have some SE members going to the track event! Should be a lot of fun!

Levi
03-10-2003, 12:03 PM
I am on the edge of my seat with anticipation about the adventure of running around the TWS open track event.:D :thumbsup:

BAD03SVT
07-15-2003, 02:11 PM
that sounds like a blast, how much money does that cost to run.

cobrabitn
07-16-2003, 11:44 AM
Dexter,

It's $300.00 this year but we hope to lower it next year when we build up momentum with more people attending. Anyway, you will get more track time then you can imagine and running with those R's should be interesting for your 03 Cobra. We don't anticipate having over 100 cars there so this would give you a good chance to meet many SCMC members.

BY the way, a lot of it has to do with the driver and not necessarily the car. Learn more about your 03 and you will do like me in my 99 Cobra and practice taking turns faster where ever you go.

For a registration form go to the SCMC-SCC Texas website at www.svtmustangcobraclub.com