PDA

View Full Version : loud, just not LOUD

temjin9876
12-17-2002, 09:16 PM
I now have the option to go to an offroad pipe. I think I will go for the BBK offroad H-pipe ($139!!!!) w/ MIL eliminators but I am concerned with loudness. I would like it louder than my welded-in 2-chambered flows, but dont want to spend LOTS of money on a full catback right now. In other words, i want a quiter performance muffler that will still sound cool. I thought maybe a swith to 3 chambered flows might do it.

down the road this spring I have thought about putting in a Borla catback because of their fit and unique sound...will it make the car too loud with the H-pipe or should I think of another catback maybe?

any takers on this one?

Snake98
12-18-2002, 02:30 AM
In my opinion O/R H-pipe with 2 chambers is the best sounding setup available....I switched to the catted x because i smelled like exhaust fumes everytime i got out of the car. The Bassani X uses hi-flo cats and it is surprisingly loud when used with Flows also. I suggest you give the h-pipe/flows a try first and maybe even consider the Bassani setup before you go out and spend $600.00+ on a Borla system. ;)

smashedheadcat
12-19-2002, 08:01 PM
My exhaust system consists of BBK long tubes, BBK off road H-pipe and borla side exit exhaust. It is one of the most wicked sounding exaust combo's i've ever heard. Truely one of a kind. The exhaust note is absolutely wonderful. It's mean, yet not too loud. (I love LOUD, but I could never part with my exhaust note) The note is tame, and isn't loud enough to ever get pulled over for it.

smashedheadcat
12-19-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by temjin9876

will it make the car too loud with the H-pipe or should I think of another catback maybe?

any takers on this one?

Borla cat back will never be too loud. It's just right.

blown98cobra
12-19-2002, 10:23 PM
I have the 2 1/2in offroad BBK X-pipe and 2 1/2 in 2 chamber flows and its loud,and it sounds good to me..
2 cents