PDA

View Full Version : LOTR 2 - Which LOTR to watch first question.

Bartman01
12-21-2002, 03:48 PM
For those who have seen both movies, was the original LOTR or the recently released director's cut a better prequel to watch?

I will probably try to see it in Monroe next week and I seriously doubt my father in law saw the first one. If he wants to go, should I show him the movie version or the extended version of the first movie before we go?

I am leaning toward the longer cut since it adds some additional background info and includes the gifts given to the fellowship members.

97CasperCobra
12-21-2002, 05:25 PM
I've heard from my friends who have seen both and the extra 30 minute one is better. Just got it at Target for 24.99 for my parents. I heard it explains the story a little better and ties in the first and second one better. May give it to my parents early so we can watch it. :D

Bartman01
12-21-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
I've heard from my friends who have seen both and the extra 30 minute one is better. ... I heard it explains the story a little better and ties in the first and second one better.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I have both versions on DVD, and personally prefer the longer version. Anyone who has seen both - and LOTR 2 that can confirm it ties into the second one better?