PDA

View Full Version : dealer can't help,can you?

serpico
01-04-2003, 10:07 PM
i had my car back to the dealer for the loss of power issue and they say that there is nothing wrong. they actually said that i might need to downshift more often. my cobra is a 2001 with 12000 miles and no mods. i was driving on the interstate and noticed a loss of power in 5th gear. it also seems to get worse after it warms up.while running at 60 mph and i push down the pedal there is a bog and clunk(driveline) and it slowly accelerates. until this problem i was able to pass uphill without downshifting. according to the service manager our cars make no power at 2000 rpm and i should expect this. i tried to explain to him that i owned a 97 that didn't due this and this one did not until a few days ago. it also does this in fourth but not as bad. it seems that it maybe recieving too much fuel but i don't know. the service dept said that no codes were present but i know its not right. i have reset the computer several times but without any success. i also tries to clean my mass air flow sensors with a little carb cleaner but this didn't help or hurt. also added nitro fuel octane booster and filled up with quality fuel which also did'nt change anything.anyone please help my snake is sick and it needs help.

johnbasf
01-04-2003, 10:26 PM
I guess it could be bad gas. I put some Berryman's B-12 in mine and it helps clean it out, worth a try.

tcrews
01-05-2003, 12:41 AM
If you were running too rich you should be throwing a code....

Try taking the car to a dyno-shop that has wideband metering and make a pull. This can at least show you how much power you are making and if you are running too rich, too lean or where you should be.

Internet diagnosing is hard! :) The more information you can provide the better.

Get a dyno with A/F reading....stay away from octane booster (you don't need it).

serpico
01-10-2003, 01:43 AM
i sent my car to another svt dealer today and he says that although it did not throw a code there is something amiss.
he said that he ordered a new mass air and fuel pump as a starting point. he owns a lightning and said it was acting the same and a fuel pump fixed it. he said due to my concerns that it could be the mass air he will replace it as well. i am glad that he did not think i could not drive my car like the last dealer. i can probally pick up in the afternoon. i hope this is the fix as i miss my cobra.