PDA

View Full Version : Took my RACIE to the EM. ANIMAL HOSP. 2nite!

Topless In Tex
01-07-2003, 01:26 AM
***Sniff, Sniff*** :(
Well, Me and cc took Racie for her 3rd set of shots this evening...took her to the house, then went Grocery shopping. While I was cooking dinner, we were thinking that she was AWFULLY QUIET. Usually when I have the other 2 dogs(the Poms) shes running around the house terrorizing them to death! :confused:

Well, she was laying in Kindes basket in the living room and cc says, "mommy her nose looks funny!". And sure enough, her nose and mouth are COMPLETELY SWELLED UP...and shes got hives on her and bumps all over her head. I FREAKED. :eek:
They gave her a cortisone shot...she cried soooo bad! I've had them before myself for those type of allerigic reactions, and I know how miserable and painful that type of swelling is not to mention the harpoon that they stick you with!

Shes still puffy, and I think her ears are pretty swollen to. Gave her a benadryl about 2 hours or so ago...shes resting now in my lap...:) I hate to leave her tomorrow for work, but I have too. I'm hoping the Cortisone will kick in before morning. I'll come home at lunch and check on her. Heres a couple of pics of my poor, sweet, swollen baby....:( :(
TNT :(

Topless In Tex
01-07-2003, 01:30 AM
heres another.... Evidently she had a TERRIBLE reaction to her shots today...and shes due for another set in 3 weeks along w/ her Rabies... :( BUT....shes up to 4.7 lbs!!!! :p
:(TNT:(

Topless In Tex
01-07-2003, 02:23 AM
She was tired of my lap and me carrying her around...guess she felt the need for some 'canine bonding'. I just took this a little bit ago...:)
:(TNT:)

Firme
01-07-2003, 08:05 AM
Thats terrible Christine, I'm sorry to hear that. Poor little dog. Do you know what caused the reaction???

msmap
01-07-2003, 06:01 PM
How's Racie doing today? Hope she is all better. That was quite an ordeal for such a little doggie :(

Bartman01
01-07-2003, 06:49 PM
That really sucks. Hope she is recovering well.

cobltng
01-08-2003, 08:45 AM
Hey CC hope Racie is feeling better. Barb and I know how it is. We have an Elder statesman who requires a lot of our time and care. The number one reason we do not get to participate in many Club activities,but he comes first. We will be thinking about Racie and hope everything get's better.:cool:

Topless In Tex
01-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Hey ya'll...
Thanks ya'll that showed concern for Racie....
Shes MUCH better tonight!!!! :) Shes looking more normal again. Her little face had went back to normal. Shes laying in my lap now w/ her sweater on..:p
I was REALLY worried about her, I never had this happen to the other 2. Anyways...me and Racie really appreciate your well wishes!!!!!:thumbsup: Made us feel a WHOLE lot better!
Thanks again, ya'll!
:banana:TNT:banana:

Were still not excatly sure what part of her shots caused the reaction. Hope fully we will not have to go thru this in another 3 weeks when she gets her last set...:(