PDA

View Full Version : Hooter's Car Show

msmap
01-09-2003, 07:05 PM
Found this on Ford Power. Thought some of you might be interested in this. We haven't done a car show in a while.

Ok here is a bit more info on the things going on.. The Show will be on Sunday Feb. 9th from 11AM - 4PM at the Woodlands Hooters.. http://hooters.know-where.com/hooters/cgi/site?site=328&address= A rain date is set for Feb 15th if needed..

Hotel info: 20 rooms for the 7th and 8th for $55 cut off date is Jan. 27th and its under (Enthusiast World)..

La Quinta
28673 i-45 north
The Woodlands Tx 77381
281-367-7722

The show itself is sponsored by FTW Texas Chapter and Hooters.. It will be open to the EWZone sites.. Thus ORW, SUV, MCT, PTCW, etc will be in the show..

Registration is now available Click Here http://www.mustanglife.com/store/product.asp?874 -this link is for mustangs only! There is a 15 dollar Registration Fee, that includes a T-shirt. Last day of Registration is 1/31/03, after that & day of the show, 25 bucks!

Be sure to specify which site/Class and your vehicle information in the comments when you register.
Example: 2003 Mustang GT Cobra

Classifications, Ok easy, you get to enter the show per the site, so if you sign up as FTW then your in that class.. If you sign up as STW then your that class.. Your vehicle will have to be part of that site and you can only register for one class.. Thus if you try to enter as a Mustang Life and you own a Chevy truck not a mustang it won't work.. If you want to enter as ORW then you will not be in FTW.. Hope yall understand that.. Another thing, you can enter more than one vehicle so if you have a mustang and a truck, you can enter one from Mustang Life and another from Ford Truck World.

Judging will be a panel of un-bias people, don't worry Mike and Mumbly will be on-top of this.. This will keep the friends deal out of it.. If we see people trying to sway judges, the vehicle is out of the contest.. Remember this is for fun...

For more info check this thread on FTW

http://www.fordtruckworld.com/forums/topic.asp?pos=1&id=115552

Firme
01-09-2003, 07:26 PM
So you have to join something to pay to show???

how does that work??

msmap
01-09-2003, 07:34 PM
don't know nuthin' just copied it over here, haven't read it yet.

97CasperCobra
01-10-2003, 12:02 AM
It's 5 minutes from my house so I'm in. Woohoo....let the show season BEGIN!!!! :thumbsup:

Levi
01-10-2003, 07:30 PM
Let's show off.........:D

cobltng
01-13-2003, 06:52 PM
Firme,all you do is sign up with Mustang Life or FTW. It is free and that takes you to the Hooters link and you pay for your entry by cc there and they email your reciept. I entered the Lightning through FTW. I have never done a Hooters show so this will be a first. The cost today was $14.00. $25 day of the show.
JF/Barb

Topless In Tex
01-15-2003, 11:49 PM
Hey YA"LL.....<---- (you can only get away saying that if your from Texas! ;) )

Me and WhiteSnake (bad grammer, I know) :rolleyes: will be going to the Hooters Show! So w/ that.... Couple of things.......

1) If ya'll wanna decide what time you wanna go, we can meet ya'll on your side of town, and all ride in together! THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!:thumbsup: SO....lets try to figure out what times would be best to leave 'point A' to meet ya'll at 'point B' to arrive in time to 'point C'...:confused:

and ...

2) Since SCMC's Club Choice was such a hit w/ our (Space City Cruisers) show last fall, how bout we do it again??? Since this is an ALL FORD SHOW...I think it would be a GREAT GESTURE! It really got the Club noticed at our show, and it just makes one more person a happy camper!:banana:
I will be more than happy to get the trophy made again, if your interested, and we can split up the cost between those of us that attend. The last trophy I though was cool...and was not that expensive...Less than $40....

YA'll lemme know your input on this stuff.....how bout a vote? And start thinking of meeting places to for Point B and a time...:D

See ya'll at the HSRA show on Sunday! ;)

:banana:TNT:banana:

97CasperCobra
01-16-2003, 12:26 AM
OK, since this is right across I-45 from me, I'll do all the planning for this show :D . Gotta be the fearless leader ya know. Let me scope out some places, there are lots of HUGE open parking lots near-by so will probably pick one of these. The trophy thing is cool with me, and Sherri, we're gonna need our banner too. Let's try to make a HUGE appearance for this show so everyone register on the site and enter. See you all there. :thumbsup:

Topless In Tex
01-16-2003, 12:38 AM
OKEEDOKEY! MIKE u got the job!!!! :hail:.. to the "Fearless Leader!" LOL! :D
Just check things out and let us know where you want us, and what time! We'll be there! :)
Also, lets get the 'attendees' to say yea, or ney, weather they will be 'in' for the trophy. Do you want me to get it again? If so, what do you want on it?

97CasperCobra
01-16-2003, 01:03 AM
OK everyone, I just registered on that site and paid the registration fee for the show($14). I say we meet at the Home Depot on the corner of Research Forest Drive & I-45N at 10:30 SHARP(Edmond). I'm sure everyone will be able to find it, go I-45 North, exit Research Forest Drive and the Home Depot is right there. Here's a map for those who want it:

http://www.mustangmods.com/publish/97CasperCobra//Map.gif

Anyway, let's start a list of people going:
1) John & Barb
2) Christine
3) Steve
4) Mike
5) Stan
6) David M
7) Sherri??

03 cobra toy
01-16-2003, 02:32 PM
:thumbsup: Count me in ! It will be nice to see everyone...

David M

Topless In Tex
01-16-2003, 02:37 PM
We're unsure about the trophy thing right now...Mike, I'll get you the info I got. Okay? Read it and let me know your feelings on it!
Also, you DO have to join either ML or FTW to show. Its free to join, but they are only wanting Members only to show. So, be sure to 'register' thru one of those sites, then pay your show entry. :cool:

cobltng
01-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Mike I registered @FTW because I will be showing the Lightning. On the 14th the cost to register for the Hooters Show was $14.00.It is supposed to be $25.00 day of the Show. No matter what as CC say's ya still gotta go through ML or FTW Cause we drive Ford's:bounce:

97CasperCobra
01-16-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by cobltng
Mike I registered @FTW because I will be showing the Lightning. On the 14th the cost to register for the Hooters Show was $14.00.It is supposed to be $25.00 day of the Show. No matter what as CC say's ya still gotta go through ML or FTW Cause we drive Ford's:bounce:

Yep, I paid $14 last night for the car show. OK, the trophy thing is OFF, I'll just be making a list for those who are coming out for the show. REPEAT, we are NOT giving out a trophy. See ya'll soon.

Levi
01-17-2003, 02:13 PM
Mike, I have pre-registerd for the Hooters car show. :cool: :thumbsup:

Firme
01-17-2003, 03:59 PM
I am making sure I'm free that weekend, if I am, I'm showing also...

94 White Snake
01-28-2003, 08:08 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hey guys I'm signed up.
Looking forward to meeting everyone again.
Hope some of the other Mustang clubs go with us.
White Snake

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Topless In Tex
01-30-2003, 01:30 AM
I'm signed up too...

cobltng
01-30-2003, 01:34 PM
Glad Y'all gonna be there.See ya at the Home Depot 10:30 a.m. 2/9/03:bounce:

97CasperCobra
02-06-2003, 11:09 PM
BUMP cause it's in 4 days. :D

Levi
02-07-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by cobltng
The rain date for this show is 2/15. If the forecast holds no doubt it will be moved to the 15th. Check Ford truck world or Mustang Life some time Sat to verify

Rain, Rain, go away..............

94 White Snake
02-08-2003, 01:04 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Just checked the Ford Truck Board and they say it is a go!
The show will go on!
How about it are we still going!
I'm up for it!
White Snake (Steve)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Topless In Tex
02-08-2003, 01:09 PM
Good morning all!
Im DREADING having to clean my car in the COOOOOLD! ugghhhh~ Gonna get started here shortly.:D
Steve, where you want me to meet you at? Fridays, or your house and what time? Please let me know....Thanks.:grinangel

cobltng
02-08-2003, 02:18 PM
The Lightning is ready to go. We will decide tomorrow a.m. But pretty sure we will be there.:cool:

97CasperCobra
02-08-2003, 02:26 PM
I'll be there, still meeting at Home Depot at 10:30am. I'm not going to spend too much time cleaning the Cobra, may not wax it, Zaino doesn't do well in the cold weather. Ah well, it's all for good fun isn't it?? Besides, I have to install some stuff on my car today.....brrrrrrrr. :D

cobltng
02-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Just an update......Barb & I will definitely be there. See you at Home Depot 10:30:bounce:

cobltng
02-09-2003, 10:46 AM
Scratch the above, up with an elderly four legged furry family member since 1:00 a.m. who needed help and comfort no mood for a show. Hope you all enjoy and have a lot of fun. We will be thinking about you. :(