PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle All Ford Nationals

Blown96Snake
01-16-2003, 08:21 PM
Does anyone attend this event? (May 30-June 1)

It might be a good event to get the word out on our 100th Anniversary show.

Dave

Big Daddy
01-16-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Blown96Snake
Does anyone attend this event? (May 30-June 1)

It might be a good event to get the word out on our 100th Anniversary show.

Dave

Well two of us were planning on attending. Myself and NJ2000R. We haven't discussed it in a while but it's on my calendar of things to do this year! :D

Blown96Snake
01-16-2003, 09:17 PM
I was thinking about going, but I don't have the summer school schedule yet.

BD-Have you ever been? Don't they have a huge swap meet?

Later

Dave

97whitevert
01-16-2003, 10:51 PM
we WERE planning on going, but this snow is now throwing a BIG kink in going...
have to make up darn snow days.......:mad: :mad:

Big Daddy
01-17-2003, 11:36 AM
I was thinking about going, but I don't have the summer school schedule yet.

BD-Have you ever been? Don't they have a huge swap meet?

Later

Dave

Nope I haven't been there before. I'm looking forward to going! :D BTW the wife and kids are up towards Boone this weekend at Beech doing some skiiing and tubing!! :D :D I have to work! :( :( :(

Blown96Snake
01-17-2003, 12:07 PM
BD-I am going to Sugar on Saturday night. Tell them to be careful, there is still slush all over the roads and it is still snowing. Do they have 4x4?

check this www.booneweather.com

Later
Dave

Big Daddy
01-17-2003, 11:34 PM
BD-I am going to Sugar on Saturday night. Tell them to be careful, there is still slush all over the roads and it is still snowing. Do they have 4x4?

check this www.booneweather.com

Later
Dave

Yep the wife has an AWD Subaru!! :D Plus she drives REAL SLOW! ;) ;) :D:thumbsup:

Blown96Snake
01-18-2003, 12:49 AM
Yep the wife has an AWD Subaru!! Plus she drives REAL SLOW!

Sounds like a good combination! Have a good weekend :thumbsup:

Dave

NJ2000R
03-04-2003, 02:00 PM
Yes! Greg and I are going....I've got a few rooms on hold for anyone who is interested in going.....hotels book up fast, many are already sold out! It's a fantastic show, HUGE!!!! and all Ford!!!! I saw the first '00R in 2000 and both the original GT40 and new GT40 there last year....lots to see and do....I'm going to set up a tent for the SCMC and promote the club and lure in some new members....there had to be over 100 cobra's in attendance last year.....amazing.....for more info, go to:

http://carsatcarlisle.com/Ford/ford.htm

you can even sign up online.....

email me if you need a room.....

I'll add some pics from last year too.....

NJ2000R
03-04-2003, 02:03 PM

NJ2000R
03-04-2003, 02:07 PM
:thumbsup:

NJ2000R
03-04-2003, 02:08 PM
:cool:

NJ2000R
03-04-2003, 02:10 PM
:D

Big Daddy
03-04-2003, 03:23 PM
Well this year they will have a really fast ford.....MINE! ;) ;) :D

NJ2000R
03-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Head Count so far:

Ken Walder
Greg Oswell
Jimmy Bost

Dave, are you in?

Mystic_Cobra
04-29-2003, 12:04 PM
Any update on this? I'll likely be driving up for the day, not staying overnight.
I may be attending Kit Cars at Carlisle on 5/17 also.

Blown96Snake
04-29-2003, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure that I will be able to make it. Summer school is starting the 27th, so I won't have Friday off to travel. I hope to get up there sometime!

Dave

Big Daddy
04-29-2003, 03:22 PM
So it looks like Ken and myself for the weekend...Come on folks we need a few more people to come up so we can promote our Centenial Celebration over Labor Day weekend! :D :thumbsup:

NJ2000R
04-30-2003, 12:10 AM
Attending the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals so far:

Ken, Karen, and my son Brandon
Greg
Jimmy Bost

I know a few SVTOA people are coming from my area, and I plan on recruiting the cobra owners :rotf: :rotf:

I just bought a 10 x 10 canopy so we'll have a place to hang out at, all I need to get are some banners and photos from the various club events....can anyone help us out? and Tony has to get the DVD to Greg :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
04-30-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by NJ2000R
Attending the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals so far:

Ken, Karen, and my son Brandon
Greg
Jimmy Bost

I know a few SVTOA people are coming from my area, and I plan on recruiting the cobra owners :rotf: :rotf:

I just bought a 10 x 10 canopy so we'll have a place to hang out at, all I need to get are some banners and photos from the various club events....can anyone help us out? and Tony has to get the DVD to Greg :thumbsup:

I don't think the family will be coming with me unless it is just my 9 year old son Drew. The older one can't miss anymore school and his last day is the 31st of May. How old is your son Ken?

I'm glad you got a canopy so we don't FRY in the sun. What events are you planning on doing?? I wish we could get a few more members to attend with us! :D

NJ2000R
04-30-2003, 09:27 AM
BD: Thats great....Brandon is 10....make sure you bring swimsuits! The hotel has an indoor pool and jacuzzi, and we usually do that each night. I'm going to get there as early as I can on friday, get my spot and tent set up, then browse around the vendors for a while, searching for parts for the fairlane or cougar....I'll check back at the car a few times, and Karen will probably be around the tent more than me, as parts shopping is only somewhat interesting to her for the first hour, lol....so look for my car and tent when you get there....if they do the same as years past, they group all of the R's in with the 94 pace cars. Saturday (the high traffic day) we will be manning the tent, signing up new members, and looking over the show cars when we can. Sunday we usually go to see the winners, and leave early afternoon. Let me know if youre doing the autocross or drags....I might do one or the other if time permits....

Big Daddy
04-30-2003, 10:17 AM
Depending on where I am located (probably Birmingham) I will start the drive on Thursday night, go to the house to pick up whomever is going and head part of the way up. I'll finish the drive on Friday morning so I should arrive by early afternoon on Friday. I am planning on leaving Sunday afternoon and driving home. If Drew doesn't want to go with me I will probably be there earlier on Friday. :D I don't think I'll be doing either the drag or Autocross as I don't want to break the ride and not have a way home. I also don't want to have to tow the car up! :D ;)

NJ2000R
04-30-2003, 10:34 AM
yeah I havent tried either one there, I pretty much hunt for parts and look at the cars at carlisle....its a huge huge show, lots of fun, lots to see, and after walking around all day, I'm pretty beat and ready for the jacuzzi after dinner, LOL....I will be trailering out only because I have 3 people that hafta fit in a 2 seat car :rotf: :rotf:

White Venom
04-30-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
Depending on where I am located (probably Birmingham) I will start the drive on Thursday night, go to the house to pick up whomever is going and head part of the way up. I'll finish the drive on Friday morning so I should arrive by early afternoon on Friday. I am planning on leaving Sunday afternoon and driving home. If Drew doesn't want to go with me I will probably be there earlier on Friday. :D I don't think I'll be doing either the drag or Autocross as I don't want to break the ride and not have a way home. I also don't want to have to tow the car up! :D ;)

I'll probly ride with you greg:thumbsup:

Big Daddy
04-30-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by NJ2000R
yeah I havent tried either one there, I pretty much hunt for parts and look at the cars at carlisle....its a huge huge show, lots of fun, lots to see, and after walking around all day, I'm pretty beat and ready for the jacuzzi after dinner, LOL....I will be trailering out only because I have 3 people that hafta fit in a 2 seat car :rotf: :rotf:

Well if the family was coming I would be trailering also...AND I have all four seats! :D ;) RJ, did I invite you?? ;) ;) ;)

White Venom
05-01-2003, 11:51 AM
i was offering you the chance to have some company:D

cobrabitn
05-01-2003, 12:40 PM
Greg,

There will be other SCMCers there I am sure. They either don't read this board or will be at another tent.

Take the Youngin with ya. :rotf:

Big Daddy
05-01-2003, 01:30 PM
RJ, Tony, I will have to see what the family situation is going to be and IF I'm still going to be here in Birmingham, AL. Then I'll decide wether or not I'm even going to go by Asheville on my way up to Carlisle! :D ;) Not to say he isn't welcome or anything Tony! ;) ;) ;)

White Venom
05-01-2003, 02:12 PM
it's all good;)

CobraRPrincess
05-12-2003, 05:06 PM
The all ford nationals is getting closer. I need to find out who is/isnt going for sure.. I have 4 rooms reserved, one for us (ken, brandon & I) and 1 for big daddy. I do have 2 more rooms reserved,if no one else is going I am going to give up the rooms. please post and let me know. I can hold them a little longer if some ppl want to go but r not for sure yet..but I know there r plenty of ppl that cant get a room out there, so I don't want to hold them too long.. karen

NJ2000R
06-05-2003, 08:49 AM
SCMC represented at the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals!!!! :thumbsup:

Mystic_Cobra
06-05-2003, 09:27 AM
I made it up there on Sunday and looked and looked and looked and never saw you guys! (completely forgot I had Ken's number) Made two passes through the Ford bldg and carried out a door and a trunk lid. There were quite a few bargains on Sunday!
We'll get together next week, for sure!

Jimmy Bost

NJ2000R
06-05-2003, 10:06 AM
we ended up bailing early on sunday....it was windy and rainy, and we had enough after the on and off showers all day saturday....see ya next week for sure! :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
06-05-2003, 11:47 AM
You did good Ken! :thumbsup: I don't see Mark Young's car???

:rotf:

NJ2000R
06-05-2003, 12:05 PM
mark was at the other end of the row....they had a section just for cobra R's and 94 pace cars, then the 94-03 cobras (big section) which was where mark was....he did good, as he sent over quite a few people for flyers and club info :thumbsup:

ps: I have the banner, I'll TRY to remember to bring it to detroit :D

CobraRPrincess
06-05-2003, 12:18 PM
Banner is already in the trailer luv... haha
sunday's weather was way worse than sat.
our poor tent had enuff of the rain and started to leak..:mad: