PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

BPUKiller
01-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Hello ladies and gentleman. I am new to the forums. I don't even have a 03 cobra, yet, but I am seriously interested. Give me a good reason to burn money on a car I don't need, but would love to have. Please help me seperate my hard earned cash from my tight wallet. I would also like to know what you folks are paying for new 03 cobras in southern california.

Thanks,

Sam

97whitevert
01-23-2003, 07:52 PM
Hi and welcome!! lets see a reason to spend hard earned money on a car...one word= FUN:bounce: :bounce: I don't know what the going price in CA is, but around here sticker will get you in a coupe! enjoy it here and ask away!!

cobrabitn
01-24-2003, 09:41 AM
As the old saying goes " All work and no play makes John a dull boy". Just ask John BASF about having fun, he can tell you! I also believe that you never know when your time is up so why not have a supercharged Snake before it's your time? You only live once, enjoy life! :bounce:

smashedheadcat
01-24-2003, 06:15 PM
370+ rwhp stock.... Simple, cheap bolt ons can get these cars in the 11's on street tires. Supercharged cobra with a six-speed and a WARRANTY!! The warranty is enough for me. Also, the feeling of invincibility when you're rolling in a supercharged cobra.

BAD PNY
01-24-2003, 07:18 PM
Sam

If you tell me what you have owned or own I could tell you more what you can expect out of the 03. It is different then any other mustang I have driven. The closest thing I have owned to it was my 91 MR2 turbo. Power is readily available down at 2000 rpms. The six speed is great and it handles well right out of the box.

BPUKiller
01-24-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by BAD PNY
Sam

If you tell me what you have owned or own I could tell you more what you can expect out of the 03. It is different then any other mustang I have driven. The closest thing I have owned to it was my 91 MR2 turbo. Power is readily available down at 2000 rpms. The six speed is great and it handles well right out of the box.

Well I've owned a 600RWHP supra, but having a heavily modded car becomes very expensive, and you learn tuning is very very important and painful if done incorrectly. That's why I like the cobra, bolt-ons will get you 460rwhp or so without special sauce, aka 100+ octane. Right now my daily driver is a C32 AMG, fast and comfy but not the raw quickness I miss, and my wife drives a s2000. The s2000 is a fun car to drive but I'm trying to convince my wife I...errr uh, she needs more oomph. Right now it seems that I tricked her to getting a cobra. My import buddies are telling me about the ford quality issues, however they all respect the power of the current cobra, time slips and dyno numbers don't lie. Well, I'll keep you all informed to my progress. Once I find out how much I owe in taxes will be the true litmus test whether or not I get a snake sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

Sam

scocher
01-29-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by cobrabitn
As the old saying goes " All work and no play makes John a dull boy". Just ask John BASF about having fun, he can tell you! I also believe that you never know when your time is up so why not have a supercharged Snake before it's your time? You only live once, enjoy life! :bounce:

I'm with him!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: By the way, I've been flinging doo around the forums for about a year now, but this is my first entry here. WE TRADED IN OUR BLACK '99 FOR A RED 03 TODAY!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: There is just no comparison. They are both awesome cars, but the 03 is SUPER AWESOME! What a ride :D :D :D I was totally blown away. My only problem is that being a small woman, the shifting is a little hard. My husband says it will always be that way and that there is no way to adjust it. Is that for real or is he just trying to discourage me from driving it??? :doubt: :doubt: :doubt: I may have to return to weight lifing just to drive this car! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kold Blood
02-09-2003, 12:45 AM
Hey BPU, I know BPU has to do w/ Supras, but what does it stand for?

scocher
02-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by scocher
I'm with him!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: By the way, I've been flinging doo around the forums for about a year now, but this is my first entry here. WE TRADED IN OUR BLACK '99 FOR A RED 03 TODAY!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: There is just no comparison. They are both awesome cars, but the 03 is SUPER AWESOME! What a ride :D :D :D I was totally blown away. My only problem is that being a small woman, the shifting is a little hard. My husband says it will always be that way and that there is no way to adjust it. Is that for real or is he just trying to discourage me from driving it??? :doubt: :doubt: :doubt: I may have to return to weight lifing just to drive this car! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I have adjusted to the stiff clutch and shifting on this car, and I am having a BLAST driving this baby!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :D :D :D :D :D :cool:

watt
02-10-2003, 05:23 PM
i bought a 03 conv w/ 63 mi for $36K delivered from a private party, he has a new coupe for $32-33K. the best dealer price is kemp [window] in thousand oaks or beverly hills fleet mgr. [500 under window]. galpin will rip you for 2.5 over.
car is quite amusing and performance/price ratio is mind blowing to me having spent Porsche $$ to go fast all these years.