PDA

View Full Version : Computer buffs??


SilverStrike
01-26-2003, 12:15 AM
I'm not sure of any of you folks share in another hobby of mine, computer systems. I'm in the process of building out a new home system, with some fun toys :)

~ Exotic PC's dboX Alumina case w/ 3-way digital temp readout
~ Asus P4S8X mobo w/ 8X AGP, LAN, USB 2.0, 1394
~ Intel P4 2.53Ghz w/533FSB, 512k cache (overclocked to 2.8Ghz)
~ 512MB PC2700 DDR RAM
~ Maxtor 80Gb HD, UDMA-133, 7200 RPM
~ Sony DVD 16x/48x
~ Sony CDRW 52x/24x/52x
~ Gainward Geforce4 Ti4600 w/ 128Mb
~ CL Sound Blaster Audigy MP3
~ Thermaltake DragonOrb P4 CPU heatsink
~ rounded IDE & floppy cables
~ Fortron 420w PSU
~ Linksys 10/100 LAN card
~ Linksys 4-port 10/100 Router/Switch

The parts are coming in piece-meal, so hopefully I should have the system up and running in the next few days. Both Quake and Everquest will never be the same!:D

Ken 01-Cobra
01-26-2003, 03:58 AM
Sounds like a nice system! I just ordered a new HP 2.8 Pentium 4 system with 1 gig of RAM, 120 gig HD, DVD-RW, CD-RW, Geforce 4 w/64 meg, 5.1 Soundblaster card, 4 USB 2.0 and 2 Firewire ports, with XP Professional. They offered a $200 rebate and a 1 year same as cash deal, so I thought it was a fairly good deal. ;)

johnbasf
01-26-2003, 08:03 AM
I only wish I knew what all that meant!!! :D :D

smashedheadcat
01-26-2003, 10:26 AM
I only wish I knew what all that meant!!! :D :D[QUOTE]




[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Latham99
I'm not sure of any of you folks share in another hobby of mine, computer systems. I'm in the process of building out a new home system, with some fun toys :)

~ Exotic PC's dboX Alumina case w/ 3-way digital temp readout
**THIS MEANS THE CASE THAT HOLDS EVERYTHING IS NEAT LOOKING. ALSO, PROBABLY HAS A BUNCH OF FANS, AND A BEEFY POWER SUPPLY.

~ Asus P4S8X mobo w/ 8X AGP, LAN, USB 2.0, 1394
**LAN CARD, (FOR HIGH SPEED INTERNET), USB IS FOR DIGITAL
CAMERA'S, JOYSTICKS ETC.

~ Intel P4 2.53Ghz w/533FSB, 512k cache (overclocked to 2.8Ghz)
**THIS MEANS IT'S FAST

~ 512MB PC2700 DDR RAM
**RAM is RAM :D YOU CAN DO A BUNCH OF STUFF AT THE SAME TIME
~ Maxtor 80Gb HD, UDMA-133, 7200 RPM
**LOTS OF SPACE FOR GAMES

~ Sony DVD 16x/48x
**DVD PLAYER

~ Sony CDRW 52x/24x/52x
**CD BURNER

~ Gainward Geforce4 Ti4600 w/ 128Mb
**A VERY GOOD VIDEO CARD

~ CL Sound Blaster Audigy MP3
**MUSIC AND SOUND STUFF

~ Thermaltake DragonOrb P4 CPU heatsink
**HEAT SINK....VERY IMPORTANT ON HIGH SPEED, OVERCLOCKED CPU'S

~ rounded IDE & floppy cables
**I DON'T KNOW

~ Fortron 420w PSU
**I DON'T KNOW

~ Linksys 10/100 LAN card
**HIGH SPEED INTERNET

~ Linksys 4-port 10/100 Router/Switch
**?????

The parts are coming in piece-meal, so hopefully I should have the system up and running in the next few days. Both Quake and Everquest will never be the same!:D

poolman
01-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Sounds like a nice system! I just ordered a new HP 2.8 Pentium 4 system with 1 gig of RAM, 120 gig HD, DVD-RW, CD-RW, Geforce 4 w/64 meg, 5.1 Soundblaster card, 4 USB 2.0 and 2 Firewire ports, with XP Professional. They offered a $200 rebate and a 1 year same as cash deal, so I thought it was a fairly good deal. ;)

I replaced my 200MMX machine with an HP something like what Ken has at Christmas, Compusa. The 200 MMX machine cost 3x as much! It was a Dell, now its my 3 yr olds "puter". :D

Stop laughing... I can never remember is it ever crashing!

Now my office machine is a p3....with some good stuff....28.8 modem and the like :rolleyes:

SilverStrike
01-26-2003, 01:26 PM
smashedheadcat got the descriptions right on the nose.

~ The rounded IDE cables are purely asthetic, they're cleaner looking than the run of the mill cables.

http://store4.yimg.com/I/xoxide_1725_4905592.jpg

~ The Fortron 420PSU is a power supply

~ The Linksys 4-port Router/Switch is an external component, that allows you to network multiple PC together, and share an internet connection with your computers.

smashedheadcat
01-26-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Latham99
smashedheadcat got the descriptions right on the nose.

~ The rounded IDE cables are purely asthetic, they're cleaner looking than the run of the mill cables.

http://store4.yimg.com/I/xoxide_1725_4905592.jpg

~ The Fortron 420PSU is a power supply

~ The Linksys 4-port Router/Switch is an external component, that allows you to network multiple PC together, and share an internet connection with your computers.

Sweet!! Thanks for the info. I've got a friend that's ready to build my PC, that's why I know what some of that means. He says that the AMD processers have lower clock speeds, but send more info per clock cylce than the pentium 4's. he's looking at getting me an athlon processor, and over clocking it to some pretty impressive speeds.

Ken 01-Cobra
01-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Latham99
~ The rounded IDE cables are purely asthetic, they're cleaner looking than the run of the mill cables.

~ The Linksys 4-port Router/Switch is an external component, that allows you to network multiple PC together, and share an internet connection with your computers.
Heh...ya shouldn't have to root around inside the machine enough to appreciate the rounded cables! ;)

Yeah, the LinkSys works too. I still have a NetGear system I installed years ago. Works like a champ, still. We have 4 networked puters plus a laptop, a handheld and a game console that taps the internet through the one cable modem, and shares resources like the color printer, the laser printer, etc.

Josh...be REAL careful about overclocking an Athlon processor! It can lead to many unusual problems.

STU
01-26-2003, 04:57 PM
Last week I added to my 1998 Dell 400 mhz windows 98 computer a second CD drive, a LiteOn Cd/RW, upped my 8 gig hard drive to 40 gig and upped my ram from 64 to 192.

Compared to before this baby flies. Cut 1 hour off my virus scan time.

But why do I get the feeling I am still outdated......:eek: :rotf: :rotf:

smashedheadcat
01-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra

Josh...be REAL careful about overclocking an Athlon processor! It can lead to many unusual problems.

Honestly Ken, I don't think it's the Athlon processor, it's definately AMD though. The guy said that with the fans, and heatsink(s) he's gonna install, overclocking this particular processor shouldn't be a problem, as it will be the same setup he uses currently. I'm gonna be able to use most of the stuff from my orignal computer, so it's not going to cost me much to build. DVD player, CDRW, hard-drive and floppy disk drives will all be re-used. Just getting a new case with plenty of fans, upgraded powersupply, heatsink(s), processor and the GFORCE 4 video card. Maybe a few other "here and theres" but that's about all of it. I had everything filled out and the money to do it with, but then the car sh*t itself.

redsnake99
01-26-2003, 08:33 PM
Beware of that Everquest nightmare. It has sucked in and ruined many a young person's life. Getting hooked on that one is worse than crack. Many a parent is ready to sue!

:mad:

Ken 01-Cobra
01-27-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by STU
But why do I get the feeling I am still outdated......:eek: :rotf: :rotf:
Heh...5 year old computers are outdated, any way you look at it! I have my old Pentium Pro 200 MHz with 64 meg of RAM and a 10 gig HD (?) sitting under my desk and I can't find anything to use it for. Nobody wants it, and it isn't upgradable enough to be useful. I figure it could be used as a print server, but I don't have that large a printer load. ;)

Ken 01-Cobra
01-27-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by smashedheadcat
Honestly Ken, I don't think it's the Athlon processor, it's definately AMD though. The guy said that with the fans, and heatsink(s) he's gonna install, overclocking this particular processor shouldn't be a problem, as it will be the same setup he uses currently. I'm gonna be able to use most of the stuff from my orignal computer, so it's not going to cost me much to build. DVD player, CDRW, hard-drive and floppy disk drives will all be re-used. Just getting a new case with plenty of fans, upgraded powersupply, heatsink(s), processor and the GFORCE 4 video card.
Well, you do what you want Josh, but overclocking a chip is like constantly running an engine above redline. You might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later it will bite you. It will also lead to many interesting issues like random lockups, crashes, etc. that a normally clocked chip wouldn't get. And just because one chip does allow itself to be overclocked does not mean the next 10 you try will allow it. You MIGHT be able to get away with it, but I wouldn't do it. As always, your milage may vary. ;)

smashedheadcat
01-27-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Well, you do what you want Josh, but overclocking a chip is like constantly running an engine above redline. You might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later it will bite you. It will also lead to many interesting issues like random lockups, crashes, etc. that a normally clocked chip wouldn't get. And just because one chip does allow itself to be overclocked does not mean the next 10 you try will allow it. You MIGHT be able to get away with it, but I wouldn't do it. As always, your milage may vary. ;)

Thanks for the advice, but it's not going to be me building it anyway. Heck, it'll be months before I can get the funds figured out so I can have the guy build it. this cat is a really good friend, and said that he'd be there to help me with any issues. But, i'll tell him what you said, and then go from there.

STU
01-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Heh...5 year old computers are outdated, any way you look at it! I have my old Pentium Pro 200 MHz with 64 meg of RAM and a 10 gig HD (?) sitting under my desk and I can't find anything to use it for. Nobody wants it, and it isn't upgradable enough to be useful. I figure it could be used as a print server, but I don't have that large a printer load. ;)

Thanks Ken, I don't play any games, music, etc. on the computer.

I only do email, message boards, web pages, appliance parts look up programs I have stored on my hard drive and business needs. This still does everything I need. I only added the cd burner to have a better media to store digital pictures on.

Before I upgraded I checked into getting a new tower. After I loaded it with all the best new stuff I was around $3,000 from dell (with out moniter or printer). That's why I went the route I did.

SilverStrike
01-27-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by redsnake99
Beware of that Everquest nightmare. It has sucked in and ruined many a young person's life. Getting hooked on that one is worse than crack. Many a parent is ready to sue!

:mad:

Crack rock indeed. I've played it several times, and it can be VERY easy to get too caught up in. I've even heard rumors of people who were so obsessed with their Everquest character, they took their own life when their character was killed.

Of course, an unstable mind can get wrapped too tightly around anything there days, and I can think of much worse habits to get a taste for..

Overclocking is very much like (if not exactly like) modifying an OEM engine. Done properly and in small amounts, along with the appropriate countermeasures, it can be safe.

It's the overclocking freaks out there with liquid-cooled processors, 20 fans, and heatsinks on every componenet that are pushing it..

If you guys ever want to get more info on this type of thing, browse some of these sites.

www.overclockers.com (excellent forums)
www.exoticpc.com
www.xoxide.com
www.zxmods.com
http://active-hardware.com
www.hothardware.com

SilverStrike
01-27-2003, 10:30 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

http://home.attbi.com/~bill-delapp/case4.jpg

http://home.attbi.com/~bill-delapp/clearcase1.jpg

Ken 01-Cobra
01-28-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by STU
Thanks Ken, I don't play any games, music, etc. on the computer.

I only do email, message boards, web pages, appliance parts look up programs I have stored on my hard drive and business needs. This still does everything I need. I only added the cd burner to have a better media to store digital pictures on.

Before I upgraded I checked into getting a new tower. After I loaded it with all the best new stuff I was around $3,000 from dell (with out moniter or printer). That's why I went the route I did.
Yeah, that is why I went the HP route. All the latest and greatest toys, DVD-RW, CD-RW, 1 gig RAM, 2.8 GHz chip, with monitor and 3 year warranty for >$2500 AND $200 in rebates, making system cost >$2300. Oh yeah, and 1 year same as cash. ;)

Bottom line is as long as the computer does the job you wish it to do, it is useful and doesn't need to be upgraded. As soon as you find yourself wishing you could do X, it is time to look at a new box. ;)

Ken 01-Cobra
01-28-2003, 06:32 AM
Heh...if you used that case, you better HOPE you never spring a leak!!! ;)

Ken 01-Cobra
01-28-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Latham99

Overclocking is very much like (if not exactly like) modifying an OEM engine. Done properly and in small amounts, along with the appropriate countermeasures, it can be safe.

I think a better analogy might be raising the rev limiter on an otherwise stock engine. Lets say to 7500 RPM on our mod 4.6L's. You might be able to get away with it. Some engines might allow you to do it forever with no complaints, but others are going to blow very quickly.

The issues here are in the manufacturing of the silicon wafers and any faults or inconsistencies in that chip. Overclocking tends to exploit the natural weakness on these faults through heat build up. You CAN add numerous, noisy fans to try to get around this, but to me that is more intrusive a solution than I am willing to go for a few clock cycles. Or, you can buy one of those insane water cooled cases that look cool, and spend more money for the case than the upgrade to the next chip would have cost you. ;)

Hunter26
01-28-2003, 08:10 PM
I am one of those water cooled freaks :D Overclocking is a delicate art and when done right will last just as long as a regular processor. I have a P3-700 running at 933 MHz for the last 2 1/2 years 24/7 without a single problem. My main rig is water cooled, Athlon XP 1.4GHz running at 1930MHz 24/7 for the last 8 months without a single hiccup that I haven't caused (wouldn't run 2 GHz :rolleyes: ) I have been overclocking since I built my first computer without a major problem. And the small problems that did occur were ones I caused. A lot of people will talk negatively about overclocking becuase either they did it once and screwed up or haven't tried it all and have only read about the screw ups. No offense to anyone. Just thought I would share my 2 cents.

Btw, you are gonna have a lot of fun with your new computer :)

flynfink
01-28-2003, 08:41 PM
:bounce: :bounce:

I am a computer pro. been working with them since we used tape, 8", 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 floppies, hollerith cards (anyone else old enought to remember that?)...

But if I ever need a watercooled, sixteen fan case for my processor,,,, shoot me....LOL



:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hunter26
01-28-2003, 09:37 PM
My computer is dead silent with 4 fans :)

Ken 01-Cobra
01-29-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by flynfink
:bounce: :bounce:

I am a computer pro. been working with them since we used tape, 8", 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 floppies, hollerith cards (anyone else old enought to remember that?)...

But if I ever need a watercooled, sixteen fan case for my processor,,,, shoot me....LOL

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Heh...yeah. I have been doing computer stuff since 1973 where 1600 bpi tapes were state of the art storage. Did you ever use paper tape? ;)

Hunter, if ya want to overclock, that is fine with me. It ain't my dime. But, as you say, there IS a fine line there, and MOST people aren't educated enough to stay on the sane side of the line. I'll just get a faster chip when they are built to run that speed and leave the trial and error to someone with the patience to work it out. ;) TO ME, the extra time, effort, money, and possible problems just are not worth the few extra cycles you can squeeze out of a chip.

Ken 01-Cobra
01-29-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Hunter26
My computer is dead silent with 4 fans :)
Well, it must be UNDER your desk instead of ON it then. Mine has three fans and it is noisy as heck...especially when you're trying to concentrate on a particularly sticky code issue! ;)

Hunter26
01-29-2003, 01:40 PM
My computer is under my desk, but you have to stick your face up to it to actually hear it and even then you can only hear the water pump's faint hum :)

If you want to quiet down your computer, open it up (if you feel safe doing that) and spray all the dust out with canned air. Probably your fans are clogged with dust and it's making them louder.

SilverStrike
01-29-2003, 02:46 PM
There are also fans available, that are engineered to run quieter. The Vantec Stealth series are well regarded, and their 80mm is rated at 21 dba. That's a sharp contrast compared to other 80mm fans that can run as loud as 45dba..

They also offer PSU units that don't make alot of racket. Fortron makes the SilenX series PSU's, which run around 14dba.

My brother-in-law had a dual processor system he built, with 5 fans ranging from 80mm to 120mm. When you booted that thing, it sounded like a jet's turbine engine coming to life!

In all, ambient noise doesn't bother me much when I'm working. I've got an old Synoptics fan-cooled 16-port hub sitting on my desk at work. It's maybe 2 feet away from my face, and I rarely even notice the noise.

Hunter26
01-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Also might wanna check out Panaflo fans. They are very good too. That's all I have in my case.

flynfink
01-29-2003, 03:55 PM
OK computer buffs. I just upgraded my router/switch at home to a wireless one for my notebook.

I have for sale the 4 port router (will work with DSL or cable modem) that I replaced --- cheap----. It's a Sohoware nbg800 and it's got the latest firmware. Has built-in firewall if you want to use it (and you should).

Is complete in excellent shape.

$25. and I'll ship it (or local maybe even deliver and install)

SilverStrike
01-29-2003, 04:34 PM
Stick it in the Forsale section. I'm sure someone will pick it up.

Firme
01-29-2003, 06:32 PM
nice system Rich

I see we have the same taste in hardware configuration and brands

winddysvt
01-29-2003, 10:19 PM
Wow -
thats quite a computer Rich!
Awesome stuff on there -- your going to be able to save the world with that computer!.... :D


I used to get the hand me down's from my husbands company....

hand built, custom made, hp's, compaq's, etc. etc.

I hated the custom hand made ones because you always had to call the same guy to fix it and he was never available because I'm not a company..... I always had to have Tim take it in and wait for it for weeks on end....

This time - we bought a Sony - and had it custom made and left out all the unnecessary junk and added the necessary memory and stuff.... Windows XP professional - most of the goodies and so far hasn't crashed. I've had it for about a year and a half now.

It's great for what I do -- lots of digital pictures, video's and stuff... Lots of word processing as well.. triple the memory ....

This is a good one, I call it my "Sonymobile"... everything actually works!!

ViewSonic Flat screen monitor 18 x 16. It's fantastic to watch DVD movies on it, as well as video's from our "Cobra" excursions...

As far as the fan - its starting to get a bit loud - but I kind of like it ..... the fan drowns out the ringing in my ears..
literally. probably time to get the dust out of there... the computer - not my ears!! :D

winddysvt
01-29-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Firme
nice system Rich

I see we have the same taste in hardware configuration and brands

=============


and -
you have a nice car!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:


a little bit scary of an avitar though.... :eek: :eek:

Ken 01-Cobra
01-30-2003, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Hunter26
My computer is under my desk, but you have to stick your face up to it to actually hear it and even then you can only hear the water pump's faint hum :)

If you want to quiet down your computer, open it up (if you feel safe doing that) and spray all the dust out with canned air. Probably your fans are clogged with dust and it's making them louder.
Heh...let's see...I've probably built, oh 250 or so computers over the last 20 years. So yeah, I could probably open it up without to much fear. ;) I clean the fans at least once every 6 months. And it takes more than canned air to do so. I clean them with alcohol and q-tips. (I am a smoker, and nicotine is STICKY!) However, once the dust and gunk get into the bearing area, there isn't a heck of a lot you can do about it. I get as much of it as I can, and put a light coat of WD-40 in there (with a q-tip, not sprayed), but it gets more noisey as time goes by.

If it bothered me THAT much, I would go with the quieter fans. As it is, it lets me know when it is on. ;) I was just saying that quiet is relative. Most people would not think my computer is noisey. Yet when you're working, concentrating on a particularly nasty piece of code, it is noticable. That is all I was saying.

Got my new box yesterday. Pretty nice. Nothing really WOW above what this box does, but fast, new and clean. Will have to go get me a book on XP Professional now though. *sigh* Couldn't easily figure out how to put a password on a shared folder. Not like Win9x where you can assign it in the properties when you create the folder. Oh, and it took me all of three minutes to set it to Classic view! ;)

SilverStrike
01-30-2003, 08:53 AM
Well, I stayed up until 3:45 last night (er morning), but I got the components installed, and running. Man this sucker just cooks!

I really considered the MSI Radeon 9700 videocard, but this Geforce4 w/128Mb will keep me happy for a while..

There's still a few things I need to do to get the system running it's best, I need to reflash the BIOS since the current one tends to glitch a bit. I'm still waiting for my rounded IDE's but I'll snap some pics tonight for your viewing pleasure..

winddysvt
01-30-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Latham99
Well, I stayed up until 3:45 last night (er morning), but I got the components installed, and running. Man this sucker just cooks!

I really considered the MSI Radeon 9700 videocard, but this Geforce4 w/128Mb will keep me happy for a while..

There's still a few things I need to do to get the system running it's best, I need to reflash the BIOS since the current one tends to glitch a bit. I'm still waiting for my rounded IDE's but I'll snap some pics tonight for your viewing pleasure..

===============



Rich,
forgive me if I missed something at the beginning -

but where did you order all of this from?

Eventually - I'd like to hand this computer to my son and have my own built like that...

But I know I need to do allot of research first --

SilverStrike
01-30-2003, 11:36 AM
Bonny,
I ordered all of the components from J&N Computer Services (http://www.jncs.com). They were recommended to me by a friend, and I can attest to the way they do business. Great service, and got my parts out to me on time.

I ordered the case itself from ExoticPC (http://www.exoticpc.com), and I must say I'm satisfied with their business as well.

Ken 01-Cobra
01-30-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Latham99
Well, I stayed up until 3:45 last night (er morning), but I got the components installed, and running. Man this sucker just cooks!
Probably why you need the water cooled unit! ;)

I really considered the MSI Radeon 9700 videocard, but this Geforce4 w/128Mb will keep me happy for a while..
Do you do a lot of gaming? I have the Geforce4 with 64 meg in my new machine, and can't see what the extra 64 meg would buy me for what I use em for.

There's still a few things I need to do to get the system running it's best, I need to reflash the BIOS since the current one tends to glitch a bit. I'm still waiting for my rounded IDE's but I'll snap some pics tonight for your viewing pleasure..
Cool...see if you can capture that "glow in the cark" effect of the case. ;)

winddysvt
01-30-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Latham99
Bonny,
I ordered all of the components from J&N Computer Services (http://www.jncs.com). They were recommended to me by a friend, and I can attest to the way they do business. Great service, and got my parts out to me on time.

I ordered the case itself from ExoticPC (http://www.exoticpc.com), and I must say I'm satisfied with their business as well.

=============


thanks -
its nice to have references from someone...

the guy my husband used to use was a real loser .... I think sometimes I ended up knowing more than he did. Needless to say -- bye bye to him....

I want someone who knows the inside of a computer as well as he knows his/her own face! :thumbsup:

Hunter26
01-30-2003, 03:00 PM
Another place to get parts (best service and prices on the internet) is www.newegg.com and www.mwave.com . I have ordered from both places several times. Just last night I ordered a Radeon 9700 Pro from newegg :)

Ken 01-Cobra, since your a smoker, check this out :D

Cigarette lighter for your computer (http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/cig-01.html) :eek:

Btw, I got a kickass deal on the 9700 Pro. Newegg has a refurb section. I got a $325 card for $260 shipped! Should be a huge improvement over my GeForce 2 GTS 32mb :)

Good luck with your new system Latham99!:thumbsup:

Ken 01-Cobra
01-30-2003, 03:07 PM
Ken 01-Cobra, since your a smoker, check this out

Cigarette lighter for your computer
Heh...no, that is really pushing the envelope a bit to far! ;)

Hunter26
01-30-2003, 03:10 PM
lol, that would be cool as hell though :) "Hey Ken WTH is that!?" "Well, you know, just a cigarette lighter in my computer" ":eek: "

:D

Ken 01-Cobra
01-30-2003, 04:11 PM
And if I quit, I could use it as a built in shrink wrap packager, right? ;) :D

SilverStrike
01-30-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Hunter26
Btw, I got a kickass deal on the 9700 Pro. Newegg has a refurb section. I got a $325 card for $260 shipped! Should be a huge improvement over my GeForce 2 GTS 32mb :)

:eek: That's a good deal on the 9700! I was pricing them a couple of weeks ago, and most were hanging in the $375-400 range. Good job, and let us know how it goes.