PDA

View Full Version : The passing of a friend.....

msmap
02-12-2003, 06:06 PM
From Scotty (Spreadman) posted on FordPower.net

On Sunday, Feb. 9th, Brad Lebsack was brought into the Harris County Medical Examiners office after his best friend found him in his apartment. The cause of death is unknown, and we won't know anything until the ME's office completes its tests.

This has come as quite a shock to many of us. Brad, aka. Homer/homer_stang was a happy-go-lucky person with a smile on his face, and fast wit to match. He adored his friends, and loved his hobby.

Many of us didn't expect this, so a lot of us are left with feelings of sadness, wonder, and emptiness. Everywhere the HoustonStangers went, Brad was always there....and we thought he always would be.

We will keep everyone updated as to the funeral plans, and where it will be located. I am planning on something for the parents, to let them know how much he meant to all of us, and will post more after the funeral.

I'm sure Brad wouldn't want us to be sad in his passing. He would probably say, "Whoa man, yer SCARIN' me over here!" But you must accept our apologies Bradley, as we never really got a chance to let you know that you were appreciated, and worse yet, we never got a chance to say goodbye.

R.I.P. Bradley "Homer Stang" Lebsack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funeral Update

Visitation/Wake
----------------------------------------
Memorial Oaks Funeral Home
13001 Katy Fwy
(281) 920-2966

Thursday (2/13): 6-8 PM

Memorial Service
----------------------------------------
Pines Presbyterian Church
12751 Kimberley
Houston, TX 77024
http://www.pinespc.org/

Friday (2/14): 2 PM

I am not 100% sure, but from the details that I have gathered so far there will be a private (Family ONLY) burial & graveside service sometime Friday before the memorial service. Stay Tuned.

-mp3stang

Last edited by mp3stang on 02-12-2003 at 01:23 PM

Firme
02-12-2003, 06:37 PM
I will, along with others, be attending the Hooters gatheing tonight on Gessner @ Westheimer in honor of Brad, I will attend the Wake tomorrow night and try to make the funeral if work isn't overloaded.....

If anyone would like to caravan to the wake thursday night, let me know...

also, feel free to use the brad banner in my sig if you would like

cobrabitn
02-13-2003, 11:56 AM
I never knew he was "Homer Stang"? I always thought that was funny. It's hard to tell who everyone is on this BB sometimes but I do know many of you will miss him.

Here is what the paper had in it concerning his passing.

From Houston Chronicle, 2-13-03

BRADLEY DENNIS LEBSACK, 28, died suddenly Sunday, February 9, 2003. Brad was born January 17, 1975 in Houston, Texas. Brad graduated from Katy High School in 1993 and received a B.B.A. from Sam Houston State University in 1997. He was employed as a Financial Analyst with Motiva. Brad was a member of the SVT Cobra Mustang Club and the West Houston Mustang Club. He is preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, William and Olive Dennis and paternal grandfather, Gus Lebsack. Brad was the only child of Linda and Kent "Cotton" Lebsack of Katy Texas. He is also survived by his paternal grandmother, Dorothy Lebsack of Kinsley, Kansas; aunts and uncles, Janet and Buster Fontenot of Ville Platte, Louisiana; Sally and Mike Surginer of Katy, Texas; cousins Jessi Fontenot, Luke Fontenot and Nicole Surginer. The family will receive visitors, Thursday, February 13 from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M. at Memorial Oaks Funeral Home. A memorial service will be held on Friday, February 14, 2003 at 2:00 P.M. at Pines Presbyterian Church, 12751 Kimberly Lane, Houston, Texas 77024. Rev. Wayne Eberly officiating. The Bradley Lebsack Memorial Fund has been established at Pines Presbyterian Preschool.

Brad, you will be remembered by many. You have a better place to go to now so I hope you will watch over your family and keep them in comfort.

Tony

Levi
02-14-2003, 09:58 AM
He was a vary cool dude and I will miss him and remember we are not alone in this world, we have this great group of caring people.