PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Cobra Bites the dust!!!

BOSSMAN
02-12-2003, 10:12 PM
But it's soul shall live on. It's getting transplanted into my 98 V6 coupe. If anyone has any sugguestionsfor installation let me know. This is my first time installing a modular motor.

BOSSMAN
02-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Another pic!!!!

Big Daddy
02-12-2003, 10:28 PM
Uhhh this may be a dumb question but where is the rest of the car???

BOSSMAN
02-12-2003, 11:23 PM
It's at the junk yard waiting to be crushed.:(

White98SVT
02-13-2003, 12:24 AM
Sorry to hear that man:(

I know there is a lot you'll need to change like ECU and stuff like that, not to mention upgrading brakes, exhaust, etc. But I'm not really familar with the specifics.

johnbasf
02-13-2003, 07:23 PM
Bossman, let me know if you find a wiring guru. Good luck with the install.:thumbsup:

BOSSMAN
02-13-2003, 08:00 PM
Well I'm not to bad at wiring. I think I've figured out the wiring already. I'm going to get a tubular K-member and a set of long tube headers.

John, if you need any help let me know. I've done a couple of jeeps and a couple of drag cars.

johnbasf
02-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Jon, just come up to the house and start ripping it out. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I appreciate the offer I'll talk to you about it.

spittincobra01
02-14-2003, 05:38 PM
ok... another dumb question... was the 01 yours or was it something you picked appart? and did you happen to be able to pull the wire harness from the dash/engine bay?

good luck, this is a BIG task you have your self doing!

BOSSMAN
02-19-2003, 04:54 PM
The car belonged to a friend of mine. It was rear ended by a dump truck. He only had it for two weeks. I have the wiring harness, computer, and everything else I should need. The good thing that I have found out about ford is that it should swap in easily. I have the heads off right now so I can port and polish them, and I'm waiting on my new cams to come in from SHM. I still have some more parts to buy so I should have it in by the end of summer. I can't wait I'm finally going to have some power in my daily driver.:D

spittincobra01
02-21-2003, 01:10 PM
since you are in to it that far, you may want to consider going with forged pistons/rods. it will save you a bundle to do now rather than later. also, are you going to keep the v6 badging? kind of like the sleeper look? I would!!

thats cool you have the harness/comp etc! it will make it alot easier. I have swapped out ford motors before (in trucks like going from a 300 in line 6 to a 351w) and with a little customizing it is a relatively easy job. good luck and keep us posted
Matt