PDA

View Full Version : What exhaust!?

Hunter26
02-16-2003, 09:56 PM
I have been racking my brain on what exhaust to put on my car. As you can see from my sig I have a 1990 GT. I don't want Flowmasters b/c everyone has them just about. I don't know if I should get an X or H pipe. I know I'm gonna get Longtube headers and whatever mid pipe I get will be an off road one. I was thinking BBK Longtubes, but no idea from there. I don't want redneck truck loud, but a good deep rumble. I listened to a lot of the sound clips of mustanexhaust.com. I really like how the BBK LT's/BBK O/R H/ and Magnaflows sound. I also really like how the Edelbrocks sound with an H-pipe. Does anyone have any suggestions? I also hear a lot of good things about Bassani stuff, but it's pretty expensive. So what's a good exhaust system that would sound really good on a 5.0?

Thanks,
Hunter26

Black Snake
02-16-2003, 11:01 PM
Everyone might have them but I still love the sound of Flowmasters on the 5.0. I had the 30chamber cat-back on my old GT and the 2-chambers on my Cobra for a long time (just switched to Bassani a week ago). I rode in a friends car with Dynomax Super Turbos. They had a nice deep tone when you hit the loud pedal but you could talk (and hear yourself think) at normal cruise speed.

BBK LTís, Bassani off-road X and Dynomax Super Turbos. Sounds good to me.

93cobra#3326
02-18-2003, 06:34 PM
im also having a hard time picking. my 92 gt has the usual 2-cham flowmasters and i do love the way they sound, but i cant have the 2 cars sounding the same yea know... my cobra already has borla mufflers but the jackass who welded(yes welded!) used cheap autozone pieces so there rusted to hell, dont think i can salvage them.
so question-anybody heard and liked the edelbock or magnaflows?:(
how would you guys compare the sound of the dynomax-to flowmaster tinny sound or a magnaflow deep droney???

Hunter26
02-18-2003, 09:57 PM
Have you listened to the Magnaflow and Edelbrock sound clips from MustangExhaust.com? They both sound really good with an off road H-pipe. On Stangnet in the Parts Review section the Magnaflows are highly rated and the Edelbrocks are real back and forth. Some people love the way they sound and others hate it.

93cobra#3326
02-19-2003, 11:25 AM
cool, stang net huh ill go check it out. thanks for the info:thumbsup:

93cobra#3326
02-19-2003, 01:53 PM
thanks again man, i went to stangnets parts review and it was very helpful and well laid out, thanks:D

Hunter26
02-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Glad I could help :) The Parts Review section of that website has been very helpful for me as well.

Aaron94
02-24-2003, 07:44 PM
I had BBK Short tubes, BBK Cat H-pipe, Flowmaster 2-chambers dumped on my 91 GT Hatch, and i LOVED the way that car sounded. for off road pipe though i would go 3-chamber flo's.

on my 94 cobra i run JBA short tubes, an off road h-pipe, and 3 chamber flo-s. I gues some would say its a bit loud, but i think it just sounds MEAN in combo with the "F303" camshaft loping away.....

Aaron94
02-24-2003, 07:46 PM
oh, yea i guess a lot of people have flowmasters, but i think its just because they are cheap, sound awesome, and perform well....

although my friend had spin tech's on his 95 cobra and then he switched to flo's because he didnt like the sound too much, and he said he lost some power in the lower RPM's... not a lot, but somewhat noticable.