PDA

View Full Version : Austin Cruise Itinerary!!! if your going, look in here!!

Firme
02-19-2003, 02:33 AM
Ok gang... this is the thread to finalize the trip and get everyone's input. I will update this post at the top as we decide.

On March 8th, we need to meet at a designated location on the NorthWest side of town. We will meet at around 10-10:30. Once everyone gets there, we will meet Mike on 290, as he will be up by College Station. And so we will head towards Austin(route pending, got any suggestions?). Right now plans are to stop in Brenham for BBQ for lunch. And roll into Austin between 2-3.

We will not be doing the 250+ mile cruise PAST Austin, as the general ruling is that we don't want to drive all day. In Austin, after checking in at the Hotel, we can unwind. Dinner would be nice as a group, and the front runner right now is http://www.roysrestaurant.com/. Josh is looking into reservations. Let us know if you are interested. And the night on the town should be fun as all the hot spots are within walking distance.

On Sunday the 9th, checkout is at 12 I believe, and after everyone's ready, we can head back to the big H. We can stop for lunch on the way back. Please reply with any questions, concerns, or comments..

here is the list of people that I have down as going...

people who have shown interest.

1. Edmond
2. Bart
3. Sherri
4. David P
5. Mike K
6. Josh
7. David M
8. Stan
9. Steve
10. Richard W
11. Christine
12. Nancy
13. Mike Cronk
14. Gary
15. Charles n Erica

P.S. If you have a Video Camera, or any camera, it would be nice to get alot of pictures and video, so we can show everyone how much fun the houston car nuts have... We will be converting them to video files to share online.

P.S.S. If you have a Motorola TalkAbout... Please... Please.... Please bring it. This is HIGHLY recommended. Cruising is Soooo much funner with a talkabout, and it keeps everyone up on whats happening. IE: "its the fuzz..cops ahead", "interesting scenery", "everyone take the next exit", "look..a funny ricer with a huge park bench".. etc.

Bartman01
02-19-2003, 03:24 PM
On the way back, Karen and I are planning to stop at Round Top. Nice town, with a good German food place.

MapQuest - Round Top Location (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=&city=round+top&state=tx&zipcode=&homesubmit=Get+Map)

97CasperCobra
02-19-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Bartman01
On the way back, Karen and I are planning to stop at Round Top. Nice town, with a good German food place.

Sounds like a good detour to take. I'd be up for some German food, seeing how I am part German and never had real German food :p .

Levi
02-20-2003, 11:48 AM
Saturday 8th

Meeting Time: 10:00 AM. (bring talkabouts)
Restaurant: Denny's ?

Pick up Mike: at cross road TX6 & 290.
Call Mike before we get to cross road FM1488.
Note: Mike, pick an overpass you can take video from, say one right before we need to exit to pick you up.

On to Austin: Hwy 290.
We could stop for Lunch at Brenham,Tx. for some Bar B-Q/photo shoot and then go to Austin and the Hotel.
and/or
Alternate Route pending: ??
//290 Brenham,Tx to west of Paige,Tx exit TX21 to west side of Bastrop,Tx junction TX21 and FM969.
Then take FM969 (which looks tobe a curve back road that runs along the Lower Colorado River) into Austin.

Check in Hotel: By 3:00 PM and unwind before dinner.

Alternate plan's: ??
Meet up with some Cobra people from Austin and San Antonio.

Dinner: Roy's Restaurant
Time: 7:00 PM ?

6th Street: Party Time.

Sunday 9th

Morning Coffie/Breakfast:
Time: ??:??

Check out time: 12:00 noon

Leave Austin and head to TX237 Round Top,Tx. Nice town, with a good German food place for Dinner.
Maybe do a photo shoot some where in this area and then head home.

97CasperCobra
02-20-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Levi
Pick up Mike at exit #???
Mike, pick an overpass you can take video from,
say one right before we need to exit to pick you up.
Maybe stop for lunch and/or a photo shoot.

I'll be off 290. I need a video camera so I can video tape you guys approaching and driving by(think of the song we can dub to that :p ). I'll have my phone and Talkabout with me so we can keep in touch. Good ideas Stan. :thumbsup:

Firme
02-20-2003, 08:36 PM
Way to go stan...

anyone else with comments or plans?

oh...and we might have to work in the plans a way to meet up with with RaceRat, from San Antonio

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/svtbbs2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2775&perpage=15&pagenumber=6 :thumbsup:

Levi
02-21-2003, 11:16 AM
We could meet up with RaceRat on the west side of Bastrop, junction tx21 and tx969. Then take tx969 (which looks tobe a curve back road) into Austin.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?addtohistory=&country=US&address=&city=bastrop&state=tx&zipcode=&historyid=&submit.x=51&submit.y=9

msmap
02-21-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Levi
We could meet up with RaceRat on the west side of Bastrop, junction tx21 and tx969. Then take tx969 (which looks tobe a curve back road) into Austin.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?addtohistory=&country=US&address=&city=bastrop&state=tx&zipcode=&historyid=&submit.x=51&submit.y=9

hmmm, a curvey, back road! look out :p

RaceRat
02-24-2003, 07:07 PM
Hey guys...what time are you planning to be in Austin Saturday? I ask because a few SVT folks are getting together for a dyno in the morning and then planning to go out and shoot some video.

Depending on what time y'all are going to get there it would be nice to coordinate something.

Firme
02-24-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by RaceRat
Hey guys...what time are you planning to be in Austin Saturday? I ask because a few SVT folks are getting together for a dyno in the morning and then planning to go out and shoot some video.

Depending on what time y'all are going to get there it would be nice to coordinate something.

OH HELL YEAH!!!

it ain't often that people from different parts of Texas can get together since this state is HUUGE...

well did you see stans plan? we will prolly be eating somewhere a little after noon... what time did you have in mind

P.S. this'll make up for the San Antone folks missing our car show ;) :D

97CasperCobra
02-24-2003, 08:14 PM
RaceRat, if we leave Houston around 11ish, we could drive straight to Austin and be there around 2ish. Should take around 3 hours, maybe 3.5 if we're taking a backroad coming up to Austin. I'll give you my cell when it gets closer and we can coordinate the meeting place. 15 or so Cobras driving would be an awesome sight to see for anyone, wonder if any of the guys can get some video footage of us driving in??? Let's talk about it(Do you have AIM or any instant messenger service?? PM me). :thumbsup:

RaceRat
02-24-2003, 08:38 PM
Cool! This might just work out. ;)

The dyno day is still in the planning stage...trying to find out how many cars can make it. If it does go as planned right now, it will start at 9 a.m. (that's 10 a.m. if it's like most dyno days I've been to).

However, meeting up later on in the afternoon would be perfect. The dyno should be finishing up as you guys roll into town. If you come in 290 I'll be there with a camera for the entrance. :thumbsup:

Now let's hope for perfect weather. Don't know what it's like in Houston, but they're calling for ice in SA tonight. :eek:

btw...my ICQ# is 44826767 and Yahoo Messenger is racerat2003

Firme
02-24-2003, 09:02 PM
hey RaceRat, I'm confused, are you having the dyno day in Austin, or San Antone?

RaceRat
02-24-2003, 09:04 PM
The dyno is in Austin...it just so happens I need a dyno that weekend because of some new mods that will be installed that week. ;)

RaceRat
02-24-2003, 11:55 PM
We got a room! Looks like we'll be staying the night and hangin' with y'all.

Topless In Tex
02-25-2003, 12:16 AM
WOOHOO!!!! GREAT NEWS TRACY!!!! TOO COOL!!!!! :thumbsup: !!!!!! Gonna be a kikk!!!!
Man, we are gonna get some BADASS pictures, we ARE gonna be taking some Stang shots, right?????? Thats gonna be WAYYYY TOO COOL!!! :cool:
:banana:TNT :banana:

Firme
02-25-2003, 08:54 AM
thats kewl.. I'm glad yall will be there racerat :)

where is the dyno shop where the dyno day is? Maybe our cruise can detour by the shop if it goes till about 2ish...

RaceRat
02-25-2003, 10:05 PM
The shop is Colvin's Automotive. I have no idea where it's at though. The dyno details haven't been confirmed yet but should be by the end of the week.

My friend John from SA will be joining us with his Silver 03 too. :thumbsup:

btw..you guys have GREAT smilies!:starwars:

SVT99
02-26-2003, 12:06 AM
Looks like I've missed a lot. So we won't be doing the full drive? Thats the main reason we still wanted to go! We were lookng forward to driving thru the hills. There better be some hills on our way up !!:mad:

Firme
02-26-2003, 01:57 AM
David, yeah the hill country was canceled because it was 250+ miles past Austin, and for a two day event, that would have made for more driving than most wanted.... we are trying to plan the "Fun" way up there as we speak...

Levi
02-26-2003, 10:44 AM
David,
I have talk to alot of people and they would at a later date like to plan a cross country cruise to the hill country.

:thumbsup:

Firme
02-27-2003, 08:30 AM
The shop is Colvin's Automotive. I have no idea where it's at though. The dyno details haven't been confirmed yet but should be by the end of the week.

My friend John from SA will be joining us with his Silver 03 too. :thumbsup:

btw..you guys have GREAT smilies!:starwars:

well if this is the right place, its not far at ALL.... it would be great to do a cruise in if it still going down when we get to Austin...

Map from Hotel to Dyno (http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.py?Pyt=Typ&newname=&newdesc=&osd=n&newtname=Colvin+Automotive+Inc&newtdesc=(512)+452-4236&dsd=n&newaddr=111+EAST+CESAR+CHAVEZ+STREET&newcsz=Austin,+TX+78701-4001&newcountry=us&newtaddr=2715+Hancock+Dr&newtcsz=Austin,+TX+78731-5003&newtcountry=us&fuz=78701&tuz=78731&im=6&Get%A0Directions=Get+Directions&reto=1&printonly=1)

msmap
02-27-2003, 09:34 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Firme
[B]well if this is the right place, its not far at ALL.... it would be great to do a cruise in if it still going down when we get to Austin...

Let's do it :thumbsup:

RaceRat
02-27-2003, 10:10 AM
Ok...we have 6 Cobra's dynoing that morning and it's only supposed to go till 11. I'll give someone my cell number and somehow we will cooridinate something!!

Tracy

msmap
02-27-2003, 10:15 AM
Ok...we have 6 Cobra's dynoing that morning and it's only supposed to go till 11. I'll give someone my cell number and somehow we will cooridinate something!!

Tracy

Who are the Austinites dynoing?

RaceRat
02-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by msmap
Who are the Austinites dynoing?
Well, I don't want to post real names, but here are 5 of the screen names...all 03 Cobras with different levels of mods.

Slythetove
racerat
fatgirl
OrigTxCobra
Overtoad

cobrapace94
02-27-2003, 11:41 AM
Hey, I'll be in Brenham on Sat for my son's high school baseball tourny. Not sure what time his game is yet on Sat. I'll also be there Thursday & Friday. Might have to meet ya'll there for lunch. Where and if you eat, would you be eating at?
I have 2 motoralla talk about's if somebody wants to borrow one for the weekend let me know.
Have fun and be safe.:thumbsup: :bounce: :banana: :banana:
Wish I could be there.

Firme
02-27-2003, 12:05 PM
.... I'll give someone my cell number and somehow we will cooridinate something!!

Tracy

PM sent

Topless In Tex
02-28-2003, 12:42 AM
Hey Darrell,
So, does that mean that you cannot make it??? :( That would be a BUMMER!!!!! :(
If noone has dibs on the Talkabouts, ya think maybe me and WS can borrow them from ya? Lemme know what you think... :)
:banana:TNT :banana:

97CasperCobra
02-28-2003, 11:41 AM
I've also got a spair Talkabout if anyone wants to borrow it for the trip. Let me know. :thumbsup:

Bingo13
03-01-2003, 10:49 AM
.....and the final plans are???? I have two small children that I have to make arrangements for by tomorrow unless someone wants to watch them while we have fun. :rotf:

03 cobra toy
03-01-2003, 03:01 PM
Mike could I borrow your talkabout please....

Bingo13
03-02-2003, 10:11 AM
We are out. I could not make weekend arrangements for the kids. :(

97CasperCobra
03-02-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Bingo13

Sorry to hear you can't make it with us Gary, maybe next time. :(

Firme
03-02-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Bingo13