PDA

View Full Version : Throttle body comparisons and air intake

hockeypuck_74
02-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Hi All,

I'm looking for a throttle body change to my '03. I know Accufab seems to be the highest rated on StangNet, but the BBK twin 65mm seems to be a good option as well. Does anyone have any feedback? For the money, the BBK also seems to be more appealing - leaves me more pocket change to do other things :)

Additionally, Brothers Performance advertises an air intake for the Cobra by K&N, even though K&N doesn't "officially" recognize it on their product list as approved for the 03. I talked to the guys at Brad's Auto here in Seattle (good bunch of guys to talk to, btw) and they pointed me to one here: http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=85

Any feedback appreciated! Feel free to post or email me directly.

Thanks in advance,
Jon
'03 Sonic Blue Convertible
(Still stock....for now)

03Venom
02-22-2003, 10:42 AM
I HIGHLY recommend the BilletFlow T/B w/ Plenum. Accufab and and BBK doesnt come w/ the plenum that you need for using bigger T/B's.

JT COBRA
02-22-2003, 01:57 PM
check out PHP's (paul's high performance)

mine made 24hp on dyno with other mods over stock

ran 11:70s at last drag day ran 11:50's since

PHP # 517-764-2277 www.paulshp.com

hope it helps

JEFF

pitures on their website

hockeypuck_74
02-22-2003, 07:05 PM
I appreciate it! Keep the links and suggestions coming :)

On a cosmetic note, has anyone ever picked up a two-piece fiberglass tonneau for their car? I've seen them range from $289 to $700 for roughly the same thing - the common thing is that you have to have them painted. With that as a given, does anyone see any major quality difference in one or the other?

Thanks!
Jon

JT COBRA
02-24-2003, 07:55 PM
picture

JT COBRA
02-24-2003, 07:57 PM
air assembly

sn8kbit
02-24-2003, 08:56 PM
just to throw this out there:

there's a lightning tuner here in nashville (JDM distributor also) who is porting and polishing the stock tb with outstanding results.

he's working on one for a friend of mine, then he's doing mine (99). i'll try and post a fore and aft result after the chip burn. SOTP feel in his truck is much better with the P&P'd one versus the 00R single blade...much much cheaper too...