PDA

View Full Version : Some sad news...

SVT99
02-22-2003, 04:22 PM
Well the Cobra has ben sold:( We went and sealed the deal this morning. Signed all the paperwork and reluctantly handed the keys over. It's hard to watch someone else drive off in the the car you spent countless times cleaning, driving, cruising and racing (oops) in. There is an upside! We have our closing date on the house. March 28th is it.:D We would still like to go on the cruise, so we are going to rent a ragtop for that weekend. Anyone know where we can find a GT Vert. for rent? I hope a V6 isn't the only option. Talk to y'all later.

97CasperCobra
02-22-2003, 04:27 PM
David, there's a guy on Fordpower named Erich that works at Enterprise, I'll get him to get in touch with ya. Sorry to hear about the Cobra, but good to hear about the house. Don't worry, you'll be in another Cobra soon enough. :thumbsup:

Firme
02-22-2003, 05:07 PM
Congratulations on the closing date... :thumbsup:

That is a great idea for the cruise, I am real glad you guys are still going, cause we'd miss not having yall there. And about the cleaning comment, you spent more time cleaning that Cobra at shows than anyone else I know.

Josh968
02-22-2003, 05:27 PM
At least the Bassani lives on :D

msmap
02-22-2003, 05:38 PM
Congrats on your closing date! Having your own home will be soooo much fun. Sad about the Cobra going off to a new home, but your exhaust does live on in Josh's Cobra. I'm sure you won't be cobraless for too long, the 10th anniversary edition should be out soon :thumbsup: Glad you and Tracy are still going to Austin with us. Should be alot of fun.

cobrapace94
02-22-2003, 07:08 PM
That's got to be a weird feeling watching "your" Cobra drive off like that.
Good luck on getting another one. Your gonna love the house. Guess you have to change your name on hear now.

SVT99
02-22-2003, 11:40 PM
Thanks guys (& gals)! It was real tough to watch it drive off, but at least it's for a good cause. Mike, that would be great if your buddy could help me out with a rental....and Josh enjoy that cat-back, it sounds great!:D .... Edmond that was just cleaning time at the shows. :thumbsup: Takes a lot of "homework" to keep a daily driver that clean, as some of you know......Well Sherry, I decided not to get a 10th Anniv. I saw the 05 and decided to wait for the next gen. Cobra. So if I can wait, it will be a few years before we get another.:( .....Darrell I'll keep my name; I think. Gotta be true to the roots. Besides it sounds better than SVT06.....I think I'm going to take my time and look for a '64 1/2-66 Mustang next. that's what I've really always wanted. I'd prefer one with no engine or trans., cuz I have plans for it.:cool: ....And by the way, I left Bert an application for the club in the car. Told him about you guys and the open track coming up. So you may see the Cobra again. I'll see you at the cruise if i can get a rental!:)

Firme
02-23-2003, 02:20 AM
:thumbsup: kewl David.... hope you guys still come and hang out with us regularely, Cobra or not

Z06 Chic
02-23-2003, 09:51 AM
David...sorry to hear about your car, but congrats on your new home. You will love having your home. Good luck in finding a new Cobra soon.

Topless In Tex
02-23-2003, 11:26 AM
Wow David,
I had NO IDEA!!!! :( I bet that was a very sad moment for you!!!!!!
BUT.....you will be happy about your house, it will be fun, and a Cruise would be great! :thumbsup: Where is your house at???

BTW: If I was not going to AUSTIN too, I would have let ya'll take Topless.....;) I hope you can find a GT, of ALL the times I flew to the East Coast, and rented Stangs...all they ever had was the 6 bangers! Good luck to you.....
Be Cool if you could get your hands on one of the GT350H Rentals!!!!!!! :thumbsup: That would be AWESOME!!!!:eek:
:banana:TNT :banana:

SVT99
02-25-2003, 10:59 PM
Thanks Christine!! Believe it or not, I saw a GT350H for sale in the Mustang Trader. More than I want to spend though. Our house is in Bay Colony. Off FM 646 and I 45. I don't think we'll be able to find a GT Vert for rent, all I've ever seen are 6 bangers also:( Or we'll just borrow my brothers stone stock '93 LX 5.0:thumbsup: Nina I'm sure we'll love the house. I've been looking forward to this for a long time! 4 more weeks:D

97CasperCobra
02-25-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by SVT99
Or we'll just borrow my brothers stone stock '93 LX 5.0:thumbsup:

I want..... think he'd sell it in a few years?? :D

SVT99
02-26-2003, 08:29 PM
Slow down Mike! I'm first on the list for that 5.0:D He's so afraid to do anything to it. I talked him into pulling the silencer a few years ago, but he still uses paper filter:eek: If I can't find a classic, I'll try to talk him into selling me his 5.0.