PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad when you rbottom end knocks?

Cmikul
02-25-2003, 12:29 AM
Yeah, one week after my little episode, at Evilcartman's, I decided to put the battery cable back on and check the damage.

After I uninstalled the Densecharger, and reinstalled it on the GT, I checked the oil for contamination from coolant.

Everything looked fine so I cranked it up. Wow! It started. It even ran under it's own steam. The idle seemed fine whereas before it woldn't even idle by itself.

Well I pull it out of the garage to wash it; yes it's only 40 degrees. After the idle settles a bit I hear a faint knocking. Not one of those holy **** my engines ****ed knocks. Just a little light airy faint knock. I jump out and listen to the pipes and yep, there it is on the driver side. A light metallicy knock.

A closer listen to the bottom end of the engine confirms it. Well that's just friggin great!!!!!!

I feel so depressed right now.

I guess I should be happy that I have other cars, that it isn't my sole sourcce of transportation and that in reality it can just be fixed.

I should be happy for these things but then theres the fat that I'm strapped and can't fix it, and the one thing worse than that! The fear of the little 5'4" female in the other room. Weird uh?

Oh, well there it is.

:(

Firme
02-25-2003, 11:13 AM
Sorry to hear that man... what happened at Keith's?

Levi
02-25-2003, 11:17 AM
Sorry to here about your troubles. I know this is easy for me to say, but look at it this way.......Stroker kit......The engine will be able to handle anything you throw at it, by building up the bottom end and then you'll be ready for any blower you want. HP=:D

redsnake99
02-25-2003, 06:14 PM
Back to your question......depends on what you're doing with your bottom end!

:rolleyes:

sbc.cobra
02-26-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Levi
Sorry to here about your troubles. I know this is easy for me to say, but look at it this way.......Stroker kit......The engine will be able to handle anything you throw at it, by building up the bottom end and then you'll be ready for any blower you want. HP=:D

i agree w/ stan...scrap the current engine and build the baddest engine EVER! put about 700 rwhp and rwtq in that bad boy (all motor of course), then slap a kenny bell on top w/ a 300 shot of nitrous.....i'm getting ahead of myself. just get the bad a$$ engine and worry about the blower and nitrous later.

Levi
02-26-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by sbc.cobra
i agree w/ stan...scrap the current engine and build the baddest engine EVER! put about 700 rwhp and rwtq in that bad boy (all motor of course), then slap a kenny bell on top w/ a 300 shot of nitrous.....i'm getting ahead of myself. just get the bad a$$ engine and worry about the blower and nitrous later.

:thumbsup: