PDA

View Full Version : a question on a Mustang


Mommy95R
03-01-2003, 01:00 PM
I am in AZ and there is a gal here who has a 64 1/2 black Mustang convertible. It has about 90,000 miles on it and she says that it is all original. She is the second owner. If it were to prove to be all original does anybody have any idea of what it should go for? The paint looks okay, as does the interior. She says that the engine is good. A guy is looking at it but doesn't know Mustangs. She would want about $12,000 for it. Can anybody help us out? Thank you in advance. Mommy95r

Cobra-R
03-02-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Mommy95R
I am in AZ and there is a gal here who has a 64 1/2 black Mustang convertible. It has about 90,000 miles on it and she says that it is all original. She is the second owner. If it were to prove to be all original does anybody have any idea of what it should go for? The paint looks okay, as does the interior. She says that the engine is good. A guy is looking at it but doesn't know Mustangs. She would want about $12,000 for it. Can anybody help us out? Thank you in advance. Mommy95r

And where does this "guy" plan on storing another car???????:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sn8kbit
03-02-2003, 10:10 AM
liz, be sure to tell this "guy" to check the floors from underneath completely for rust/holes.

97whitevert
03-02-2003, 10:18 AM
260 v8? C says to also be sure is solid underneath.. if looks good says could go for that much

Mommy95R
03-03-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Cobra-R
And where does this "guy" plan on storing another car???????:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the "guy" said that there is one red cobra that could just as well sit outside.:D :D :D :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :p

Mommy95R
03-03-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by 97whitevert
260 v8? C says to also be sure is solid underneath.. if looks good says could go for that much

thank you Steve, Lisa and C. I am not sure about the engine. I will tell the guy to make sure it is solid underneath. He had hoped to resell the car. Maybe with paying $12000, there isn't room for profit. (the "guy" isn't Lew, but it is a neat looking car). My feeling is that he should have somebody who really knows Mustangs look at it to make sure it is all original and in good shape all over. He had been wondering what to especially look for and wondered about the price. I appreciate the help - and even the smart aleck remark from "the kid."

Cobra-R
03-04-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Mommy95R
the "guy" said that there is one red cobra that could just as well sit outside.:D :D :D :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :p

Hmm, well maybe one more car could be sqeezed in. :doubt: :D :thumbsup:

Mommy95R
03-04-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Cobra-R
Hmm, well maybe one more car could be sqeezed in. :doubt: :D :thumbsup:

had a feeling you might say that---:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

winddysvt
03-07-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Mommy95R
I am in AZ and there is a gal here who has a 64 1/2 black Mustang convertible. It has about 90,000 miles on it and she says that it is all original. She is the second owner. If it were to prove to be all original does anybody have any idea of what it should go for? The paint looks okay, as does the interior. She says that the engine is good. A guy is looking at it but doesn't know Mustangs. She would want about $12,000 for it. Can anybody help us out? Thank you in advance. Mommy95r

=====================

depending upon what engine, trans, options, etc.

if it is all original with all the right "codes"
if it originated in California,
etc. etc.

it could be worth more....

here is a guide to finding out:

http://www.vintage-mustang.com/topics/decode/decode.html


we paid $11K for our 65 --

some of it was still original, it didn't have the original engine ..-- but it was a fastback 2 x 2 with the fold down rear seat which made it desireable....

we sold it for just under $14K


hope this helps!:thumbsup:

winddysvt
03-07-2003, 10:44 AM
do your research --

and double check them codes !!

it depends on the codes!

the car could look like trash -- but if it is the correct codes its worth it.

If its not the "desired" codes -- then its worth less.


http://www.vintage-mustang.com

:flash:

Tamose
03-14-2003, 03:34 AM
It really depends...is it a 6 or an 8. Being that early of a model, it could have one of the 260 V8s. FORD didn't put too many of these small blocks in the Mustangs. 'Most common V8 was the 289. Is it a GT? Usual rule of thumb (for collectors) is uniqueness, add points (dollars) for Hi Po stuff (289 GT) 4 speed, custom wheels. A mint condition, Mustang GT, rag top, I think 12k is a good deal. You might want to check out this web site http://www.barrett-jackson.com/.

Recommendation: make sure you check the numbers on the vehicle for a match...different engine, tranny, etc., drop about 5 grand off the price.

Ed