PDA

View Full Version : Brake Ducting


Blown96Snake
03-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Ok, Its time I do this...I've got the tubing, thanks to John (although he gave it to me so long ago, he probably doesn't remember doing so...but thanks again John).

Anyway, where the heck do I find a 5 inch to a 3 inch reducer???? Lowes, Home Depot, and Tractor supply are fresh out and seem to never even heard of them...but John told me he found some. I just haven't looked in the right place yet.

How do you guys have your ducting attached to the inner bumper? Also, is there a way to reattach the driving lights out of the way for a track event and then reattach them?

Thanks for the info in advance guys!

Dave

johnbasf
03-03-2003, 06:31 AM
Go here. Dave Stuart's site. http://cobrapages.com/brakeduct.html

Blown96Snake
03-03-2003, 09:45 AM
Thanks John, Where did you get the 5x3 reducer?

Later,
Dave

Big Daddy
03-03-2003, 01:08 PM
John were did you get the ducting?? I need some new duct as mine is torn up pretty badly. Mirage is where I got the kit and it looks like they have gone out of business and I can't find anyone else on the web that is selling a kit or duct.

sn8kbit
03-03-2003, 01:16 PM
Dave,

There was a guy at Road America (Terry M) with a 95 R that had a really nice way to route the duct thru the foglight holes. He used a rubber reducer (Home Depot ect) that perfectly fit the front holes, and he could pull the reducer foward to disconnect the hose when he needed to easily. That's probably the best and simplest way I've seen on the SN95 cars...

Greg,
http://www.secureperformanceorder.com/onlinestore/getproduct.cfm?CategoryID=3&ClassID=27&SubclassID=92&ProductID=2474

I picked up hose like this for about the same price from a shop down the street from Kenny Brown. Good stuff.

Easiest way to find it is go to Google.com and use the advanced search for "brake duct hose". tons pop up.

justagt
03-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Greg, i know your avitar says Asheville, but if you are ever in Mooresville, there is a place to go. It is called Muscle Motorsports and they sell used WC stuff. I have bought a lot of stuff from them and so has Pantas and Shugg. I got 3 sections of hose, each about 4 feet long, for a whopping total of about $15. That beat 40 or 50 for something that is going to get torn up with normal use. Don't know if or when you are coming down for the CMP event, but if interested let me know and i can give you directions.

Blown96Snake
03-03-2003, 01:47 PM
BD-check out OGRacing...looks like it is relatively inexpensive. I don't know if it will last or not

http://www.ogracing.com/eshop/home.asp?categ=21

Dave

Big Daddy
03-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by justagt
Greg, i know your avitar says Asheville, but if you are ever in Mooresville, there is a place to go. It is called Muscle Motorsports and they sell used WC stuff. I have bought a lot of stuff from them and so has Pantas and Shugg. I got 3 sections of hose, each about 4 feet long, for a whopping total of about $15. That beat 40 or 50 for something that is going to get torn up with normal use. Don't know if or when you are coming down for the CMP event, but if interested let me know and i can give you directions.

Will,

I will be coming down on Friday but not until after my son gets out of School at 3:30 PM. Which means I'll probably make the hotel around 7:00 PM. The route I take from here doesn't take me through Mooresville but maybe I can order some from them and get it here before next Friday. Thanks for the info!

Blown96,
Thanks for the link I'm going to measure the fitting on my car and see what size diameter and how long the hose needs to be. I might be ok to just cut the bad part out and reconnect the hose it seems like there is enough slack to do that until I can get some new hose! :D

sn8kbit
03-04-2003, 12:16 AM
well shoot, i didn't know muscle motorsports sold brake duct hoses....cool!

www.musclemotorsports.com and they ship pretty quick ....

justagt
03-04-2003, 08:18 AM
they do ship and usually have a good stock of used hoses most of the time. I have to go to get a couple fo things so if you need someone to get some, I can. I won't be at CMP until Sat. AM , but if you can't find any and need me to get you some, try to let me know by Friday.

STU
03-05-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Blown96Snake
Thanks John, Where did you get the 5x3 reducer?

Later,
Dave

I picked mine up at a local hardware. If you can't find them there, go to a heating contractor that does sheet metal work. They should have them or be able to get them for you.

Big Daddy
03-05-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by justagt
they do ship and usually have a good stock of used hoses most of the time. I have to go to get a couple fo things so if you need someone to get some, I can. I won't be at CMP until Sat. AM , but if you can't find any and need me to get you some, try to let me know by Friday.

Thanks!! I'll let you know ASAP I'm going to see if I can't just use the slack in the hose for now and then look around for the best material to last a little longer! :D