PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

smashedheadcat
03-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Hello everyone. I'm ready to start upgrading the fuel system in my car. It's gonna have to go on almost piece by piece, so I'm asking for advice for the first part I should get. Right now, my mods are as follows. I've got the Vortech blower with aftercooler, bbk long tubes, off road H, borla side exhaust, msd dis-4, mark luton tensioner, and all forged internals. My fuel system consists of a BBK 255lph intank pump, and the T-rex 255lph inline pump. I sold my 36lb injectors and C&L 80mm MAF to help pay for the rebuild. So i've got the stock MAF with 24lb injectors once again. I was thinking about getting the billet rail kit from sean hyland motorsport. It's $250. Then, shopping around, I saw Steeda's rail kit (takes some fabricating they say) for $189. Those are the only rails that i've seen really. Would it be in my best interest to get the rails, or get some 42lb injectors (steeda $300, cheapest i've found, before discount). I also saw a line kit from sean hylands site. -8 feed, -6 return lines with all fittings, filters and stuff. Somebody please help me pick the best route. I want to be able to use what I buy first, and add to it in a few months.

White98SVT
03-03-2003, 05:26 PM
I'm sure you know about this man, but Steve "Stylin99" has a group purchase going on right now for Steeda stuff. There's a post in the For Sale section just in case you didn't know.

Link in case you need the post (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/svtbbs2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3477)

Ken 01-Cobra
03-03-2003, 11:07 PM
Err...why don't you talk to the guys at True Blue and see what they recommend? I think I would at least ask... :thumbsup:

BAD PNY
03-04-2003, 11:16 AM
Email Tom Crews or JC.

Both have been thru all this and are very knowledgable. They both have Vortech blowers and built motors on 97's.

smashedheadcat
03-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Err...why don't you talk to the guys at True Blue and see what they recommend? I think I would at least ask... :thumbsup:

I need to ask them, but I figured i'd get some other ideas here first. I'm trying to get this stuff as CHEAP as possible. I will talk to them, but I want to be able to call them, or ask them in person to see what they recommend.

smashedheadcat
03-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by BAD PNY
Email Tom Crews or JC.

Both have been thru all this and are very knowledgable. They both have Vortech blowers and built motors on 97's.

I've got some input from Tom via email some time back, and you're right. I should email him again. I just figured I'd post it on here to see what kinda feed back I got. I ultimately want to end up with a pretty heft fuel system that I won't have to upgrade. I just want to know where to start if i'm gonna have to piece it together over a few months. Thanks a lot.