PDA

View Full Version : Something to wake this board up!

95Cobra
03-04-2003, 09:25 PM
I'm in the middle of doing a custom cam install.The 302 is all torn down in my garage right now.The new cam is in I'm going to degree it this saturday,then just put it all together again! Can't wait to hear the sweet it will sound not to menchon how it will run!
What are you fellow Cobra owners doing to your cars during the winter??
Never enough Power!
Mark

Mario95
03-04-2003, 10:00 PM
My list:

New Seats: Corbeau CR1-wide models
Harness Bar
Sparco Five point harness
Cobra R hood
MM PHB
MM Adjustable RLCA
MM Full Length SFC
Front Coil Overs

Maybe a Safecraft Vehicle Fire Protection System :D

95Cobra
03-04-2003, 10:07 PM
If you hav'nt bought the hood yet, do yourself a BIG Favor and buy a Cervini hood. Great quality and fit!
You will really notice a nice improvement in handling and launch with the subs and the lower c/arms!
Mark

flynfink
03-04-2003, 11:03 PM
Well let see, limited funds for the 94 (Just bought it for me and my son to tinker on, will be his daily driver, most of my spare stuff goes into the 99 and that ain't much), but a tri-ax and the steeda clutch quad. and adj. cable are first on the list. Oh, and it came with an MAC catback that was never installed, hope it sounds as good as my 93 did with Flows.

Calvin_1976
03-05-2003, 12:14 AM
I have been getting my car ready for the upcoming autocross season. So far frpp front lower control arms, hpm hd rear lower control arms, frpp heavy duty rear upper control arms, 03 cobra struts, griggs 700lb springs up front, 95 Cobra Rs, set of used 245/45 17 kumho victoracers w/ 4/32nds tread left and a pro-m 75 once it comes in. :bounce:

cobrapace94
03-05-2003, 01:02 AM
With limited funds and approval, I have done the brakes with stainless steel brake lines. Installed a light bar and Hanney motorsports wind guard. Had the hood, bumper and front fenders painted, too many rock chips after 116500 miles. Installed a FRPP extender (modded for the Cobra). Am getting ready to order parts to rebuild the tranny from D&D.
Would like to get coil over kit for front & rear, as I need new shocks & struts. And am thinking about a 2 piece tonneau cover to go with the light bar and wind guard.
Now if funds and approval were not a issue, I would have AFR heads, cam and a supercharger, leaning toward a Kenne Bell or 2nd choice a Vortec. Some aftermarket rims, T-56 tranny, 31 spline rear end and a roll cage (that looks good, if I could find one). And lots of chrome under the hood.

Calvin_1976
03-11-2003, 08:15 PM
Put the Pro-M 75 on and bumped the timing to 14. I cant wait to get onto a dyno and see if I am finally getting at least 235-240.

95Cobra
03-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Hey Calvin
The Pro-m is a easy and worth wild upgrade. You should also do a nice cold air kit at the same time, if you haven't already. You will have the air cleaner out to do the mass air. And it looks sweet also!
I'm hopeing to be around 375 horse or more, @ the wheels. With the new cam and the AFR's I put on last year! I just got the crank adaptor in the mail today from summit, to degree the cam. I had a custom cam made for the Cobra, 220 dur.@ 50, 544 lift with my 1.7 rockers.Should sound great also!
Mark

Calvin_1976
03-11-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by 95Cobra
Hey Calvin
The Pro-m is a easy and worth wild upgrade. You should also do a nice cold air kit at the same time, if you haven't already. You will have the air cleaner out to do the mass air. And it looks sweet also!
I'm hopeing to be around 375 horse or more, @ the wheels. With the new cam and the AFR's I put on last year! I just got the crank adaptor in the mail today from summit, to degree the cam. I had a custom cam made for the Cobra, 220 dur.@ 50, 544 lift with my 1.7 rockers.Should sound great also!
Mark

I have a BBK CAI already. You should have seen me trim it down to get that bloody Pro-M to fit. Sawzaw is by far my favorite tool if you discount 5 and 8 lb sledgehammers. :D

I want to start on a long rod 306 this next winter. Probably take me awhile to build it like I want but I might as well get the block and start building a little at a time. Which AFR heads and what intake are you using?

95Cobra
03-11-2003, 10:10 PM
I've had the AFR 165cc heads on the Cobra since last winter. At that time I sent my stock Cobra upper & lower out to be extrude honed. The 13.4 is w/out the heads or porting on the intake.
All I had to do on my mac cold air, was trim the hoses a little. I did the t/body,pro-m and the cold air, all at the same time.

Calvin_1976
03-11-2003, 10:51 PM
Did you get it dyno'd with the AFRs, extrude honed U/L intake, TB, MAF, CAI and stock cam? Your combo sounds alot like what I want to run when I build a new engine.

95Cobra
03-11-2003, 11:05 PM
I have not had it dyno'ed yet but I'm going to after I get up and running again.
You menchoned a 306 why not a 347??
Mark

Calvin_1976
03-11-2003, 11:21 PM
I need to do more research in the SCCA rulebook before I make a final decision. Its probably going to come down to what is legal for the class I want to be in or move to. Right now in street prepared I could do a 306 with stock overbore pistons and extrude hone the U/L intake. I cant however change the cam or heads yet.

EDIT: I can also shave the the stock heads.

93SVT
03-12-2003, 08:49 PM
well here goes nothing

New motor based on a 50m 91 motor with forged pistons, Im having the block o decked to bring up the compression, then im instaling a main support with with arp studs, the rods will be stockers that are preped with new arp wav locks, stock forged pistons will be cleaned up and reused once they are fly cut.

AFR Heads,185's with 1.7 RR, these are 60 cc heads so they should also help bring up the compresion

New 1- 3/4 inch long tube headers with off road H

Ported stock intake

High Tech Motorsports custom cam

Nos Big shot wet kit (150-300hp) with bottle heater, window switch, progresive controler, and a NX remote bottle opener

MSD digital 6 plus ingniton

MSD pro billit distributer

Walbro 255 high pressure fuel pump

Tweecer R/T eec tuner and real time data logger

Full gauges- all auto meter 2-1/16 , nitrous pressure, elec Fuel pres., EGT gauge, A/F gauge

my goals will be 330 rwhp on motor and 450 rwhp on the 150 shot, at the end of the year I might kick it up a notch at the last race and run a 200 shot, eather way im going for mid/low 11's on the 150 shot and 12.30's on motor, id like to see 110 mph+ trap speeds in the 1/4 on motor and well thats about it

Aaron94
03-12-2003, 09:50 PM
Wow, 544 lift, thats huge. i am running the F303 cam with only 512, and i like the way it sounds, so i am sure you will like it. As for my mods this season i threw on a C&L trueflow inlet pipe, and a 70 mm mass air to go with my already installed pro-m 77 mm. i recomend the c&l piece, great fit and finish. i actually felt a little difference in power with the new T/B and inlet pipe, and definatly more consistant pull throughout the range. i am still getting a little bit of cutting out at high RPM, especially in 1st gear. i am blaming it on the stock ignition, so i am going to install an MSD Box soon and cross my fingers. anyone else ever had problems with surging at high rpm? i made 275 rwhp last time i dyno'ed, so i figured opening up the intake and stepping up the electronics would benifit me and get rid of that surge. maybe the stock distributor is acting up? check mods on the members cars page if you think you have an idea and i havent done it yet....

95Cobra
03-12-2003, 11:00 PM
What RPM are you at when it starts cutting out? If your near 6000 in 1'st you just might be hitting the rev limiter, It's set @ 6250 from the factory. We all know are 302's climb up the tach real quick it 1'st! And no stock tach is 100% on the money, either. I know I've hit the limiter quite a few times. Usally sideways! lol

Aaron94
03-13-2003, 12:45 AM
ive got an autometer SVO tach, and it starts to surge at 5200.... and in 2nd and 3rd it gets a surge around the same RPM, but not nearly as bad...