PDA

View Full Version : 2000 R Brake Duct cooling kit

winddysvt
03-05-2003, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know the best place to purchase the 2000 R Brake Duct cooling kit -- ??

I've only found one place..

I can't even find it on the Ford Racing performance parts site....

any suggestions?

kevin
03-05-2003, 05:39 PM
wish i could help you. i bought a replacement set quite a long time ago thru a group purchase from sean hyland. i've never used it but i've been told by others the ducting itself may be too short.

winddysvt
03-05-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by kevin
wish i could help you. i bought a replacement set quite a long time ago thru a group purchase from sean hyland. i've never used it but i've been told by others the ducting itself may be too short.

==============

thanks Kevin !!

thats the one place I found it --
I was just curious why more places don't carry it if it is so highly recommended?

several have recommended buying it --

but we would consider another if anybody has any other suggestions?

Dean95CobraR
03-05-2003, 10:27 PM
I set up Mirage Motorsports as one of our vendors but I believe they have gone out of business. :(
Their website is down and Dennis said no one is answering the phones there.

They had a pretty good kit for the money.

Cobra-R
03-05-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by winddysvt
Does anyone know the best place to purchase the 2000 R Brake Duct cooling kit -- ??

I've only found one place..

I can't even find it on the Ford Racing performance parts site....

any suggestions?

To cheap to buy one for the 95, so I made one. Pretty easy to do, Bonny. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

redsnake99
03-05-2003, 11:10 PM
The first duct kit I bought was from Sean Hyland. The parts were flimsy and didn't last long, even though they were quite expensive. Then I bought the Mirage Motorsports kit about 5 months ago and have been very pleased with them. It's a shame if they have gone out of business.

:)

winddysvt
03-06-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Dean95CobraR
I set up Mirage Motorsports as one of our vendors but I believe they have gone out of business. :(
Their website is down and Dennis said no one is answering the phones there.

They had a pretty good kit for the money.

==============

that explains why I can't get a hold of them....

thx for letting me know!

winddysvt
03-06-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by redsnake99
The first duct kit I bought was from Sean Hyland. The parts were flimsy and didn't last long, even though they were quite expensive. Then I bought the Mirage Motorsports kit about 5 months ago and have been very pleased with them. It's a shame if they have gone out of business.

===========

well thx for letting me know about the S Hyland kit --

so far its looking like the Cobra R Kit --

winddysvt
03-06-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Cobra-R
To cheap to buy one for the 95, so I made one. Pretty easy to do, Bonny. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

==============

ok Brian...

fork out the pictures k?

sorry...... I'm in a bad mood.....

:mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

seriously -- tell us how you did it and what you used,
where you bought the parts, pictures, etc. ??

Tim's starting to get some idea's as well --

Spiffy668
03-06-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by redsnake99
Then I bought the Mirage Motorsports kit about 5 months ago and have been very pleased with them. It's a shame if they have gone out of business.

I was thinking that same thing. In the next couple of months I was going to do my front brakes, and I was going to throw these on at the same time for "future endeavors". :D Hope its only temporary or something. :(

winddysvt
03-06-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Spiffy668
I was thinking that same thing. In the next couple of months I was going to do my front brakes, and I was going to throw these on at the same time for "future endeavors". :D Hope its only temporary or something. :(

=============

were coming up with a few cool ideas....

let's see what Brian has to say as well....

i'll keep you posted with what I found...