PDA

View Full Version : I hope everyone enjoyed the Austin Cruise!!!

Firme
03-10-2003, 01:47 AM
I want to thank everyone for making the Austin cruise a great success. I had an absolute blast. Some have already expressed interest in doing this again real soon. I think that's a great idea, that way those who missed out this time can join in the fun. The route 969 was a blast to drive on on the way back. I am in the process of uploading the picture and editing the video to have up on the site.

Thanks,
Edmond

P.S. It was great to meet Tracy n Todd (RaceRat)(of San Antonio) and fellow SCMC member Jim L (from Austin).

Topless In Tex
03-10-2003, 02:30 AM
HEY YA'LL!!!
Man, what a great time we had!!! IT was FRIGGIN AWESOME to be in a line 13 Stangs long.....All Cobras of corse cept for 2 GTS and Davids rental...which was VERY COOL by the way...hard to find a VERTE for rent, great job!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Mike was waiting for us to pick him up w/ his Video Camera set up by his Casper on the side of the road...it was WAY COOL!! Cant wait to see everyones video and pictures!!!!

It took me and Steve almost 2 hours to make an hour trip to hook up w/ the rest of the group. The traffic SUCKED! We got caught in 2 traffic jams!!! Bad ones at that! After we all hooked up, We stopped at a German Resturant in Round Top for lunch.....:) IT was GREAT!!! Last time I had SCHITZEL was in GERMANY!!! It was GREAT to have it again!!! Bart did a jam up job on this reccomendationÖthey had a cool log cabin, and some really cool Live Oaks that were HUGE! This was yet ANOTHER pic. oppurtunity...that was the most AWESOME display I've EVER seen in one 'parking lot'!!!!

The Stangs looked INCREDIBLE TOGETHER!!!! You've never seen so many people driving by and pointing and looking in you life! We took LOTS of Pics and video! We only made a wrong turn or 2, but it did not slow us down...gave Mike (Casper) the oppurtunity to do a BADASS burn out on a wrong road in front of some 'houses'....judging by the houses, and the looks on the kids faces in the yards...theyve never seen this many Cobras before....lol http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-083.gif
or that many STANGS either for that matter!!! This is also where Erica lost her Cap filming out the verte!!! But she DID get it back!!!! Which btw, I thouroughly enjoyed being behind them most the trip, their Cobra Verte Is BAD...and it looks GREAT!!!!!!!! :hail:

Made it to Austin..had roads blocked off, so it was rather tricky trying to get all them Stangs thru all those traffic lights thru town to keep us together. Met up W/RaceRat at the hotel. Shes got one Beautiful Cobra...it sounded AWESOME!!!!!!!! Everyone was ready to kick back after the cruise, and just do whatever till dinner. I had a set up for Margaritas in my room for whoever was interested...It was nice to 'unwind'. Sherri and some others went to check out the BATS....hopefully she got some pics...

Everyone was pretty dragged out after the trip and decided to keep it casual and to Fridays at the hotel, instead of Roys. We had 2 big tables and I think everyone enjoyed thier dinner. We were joined by Jim a member of the SCMC from Austin, he stayed and had dinner, and then we all went to the garage after wards to check out the Stangs.

After that, we all walked down to the 6th street area. Went to a club and stayed a while.......this was a VERY interesting part of town...very similar to Bourbon Street....checked out a tattoo shop, and then we all met up some more at another club...About 1:30 it was time for us OldTimers to call it a night....me, Steve and J. let the guy pedalling the cart peddal us back to the hotel....Man, that was cool...It was a tight squeeze, but it was worth it...felt good to have the wind in our hair again! LOL! ;)

I had to get back today early to pick up my daughter, and Steve had to get back as well....so we ate breakfast early w/ Sherri, as the others were waking up. On the way back, we came across a cop...one of MANY we saw thru the trip...well....lo and behold, he turned around...I was thinking...NO WAY!!! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-006.gif

I was following Steve. He pulled in behind me and threw his lights on.. we were in BASTROP at this time...I started to freak out cuz I didnít know if Steve saw and I didnít know how to get home!I was trying to call him, dodge the water in the parking lot and pay attention to the cops at the same time! ( Steve waited at the DQ parking lot....:rolleyes: I donít know WHY he did not turn around and take a picture!!!!! :) Not ONLY were we SPEEDING...65 in a 50 (we BOTH had radar Detectors), He nailed me for my front plate. Iíve had the MY Classic Car Plate on my car for over 3 years and have NEVER been pulled over for it! I told him we just did a 'show' and were heading back to HOUSTON, and I just happen to have my front plate in my front seat! (Usually donít, I just got them last week, and I donít know WHY I did not take it out.....well...i saw him in my mirror, getting out his pad.....:mad: I have YET to take def. driving for my LAST ticket...He ended up giving me a WARNING For BOTH! (SPEEDING AND NO FRONT LP) And told me that me and my Buddy need to be more aware of the speed limit, and to please put my plate on soon.... :p I was sooooo relieved...
anyways....I know there is alot more....

Iím looking forward to hearing everyone elses rendition of the weekend and what they might have expierienced that we did not....I've got some pics now. I will pick up more tomorrow morning.....
Hereís some of my favorites....man, it was just WAYYYYY TOOOO COOOLL!!! lol Tracy!!!! sound familiar? :D I really enjoyed everyone this weekend...and it was great to meet Tracy and Jim....
So....where will the next cruise be to??? Sherri had an idea..how bout Corpus?? ;)

AND BTW: EDMOND did a JAM UP job on the organizing of all this and making sure it all went smoothly!!!! IT IS NO EASY TASK to keep 13+ Stangs together, and to have everything flow so well all weekend!!!! I for one was VERY IMPRESSED!!!!! And, thanks again Edmond, for letting me 'tag along'!!!!! I REALLY had a good time, and I"ll be looking forward to the next one!
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/mittelgrosse/medium-smiley-080.gif

Heres a few pics of mine....ENJOY!!!!!
:banana:TNT:banana:

Topless In Tex
03-10-2003, 02:50 AM
Some NICE rear ends!!! ;)

Topless In Tex
03-10-2003, 02:53 AM
Is this fine or what? :)

Topless In Tex
03-10-2003, 02:57 AM
The waiter was GREAT!!! He even took 2 PICTURES W/ EVERYONES CAMERA!!!!! Looked like a Camera shop on the ledge outside!

Topless In Tex
03-10-2003, 02:59 AM
Damn, this would have been such a cool shot!!!! But its a little fuzzy......:(

Topless In Tex
03-10-2003, 03:02 AM
I know ya'll are gonna have a single link to bring up the pics...I'm just gonna put a few in here. Ive got more...Edmond, I"ll get ALL my pics to you in an email or disk or somehow. I just wanna give everyone something to look at now....:) Thanks again! TNT ;)

Topless In Tex
03-10-2003, 03:04 AM
SHHHH..... they are sleeping after a strenuous day!!!! ;)

cobrabitn
03-10-2003, 09:13 AM
Great looking group. Thanks to Edmond and Mike for putting this together and anyone else I may have missed. :bounce: Glad y'all had a great time and can't wait to see the pictures!

Andy M
03-10-2003, 09:19 AM
Great pics!!! :thumbsup: Glad to hear you guys had a good time! I sure wish I could have made it?!! :(

oh well, maybe next time??....

Z06 Chic
03-10-2003, 10:36 AM
Looks like you all had a great time. Glad everything went well for you all. Thanks for the pics! Hopefully I can make the next cruise.

03 cobra toy
03-10-2003, 11:12 AM
:eek: I had a GREAT time !!!!! Everyone did a great job putting this together !! :thumbsup: Man I need a tea................

David

97CasperCobra
03-10-2003, 11:32 AM
All I can say is a HUGE thank you to Edmond and the girl in the chase vehicle for blocking off traffic when needed(*ahem*Edmond*ahem*). Thanks to everyone for coming along and making it happen. I think we definately need to do it again in the fall when the leaves start to change colors. :thumbsup: I should have my pics e-mailed to Edmond, here's some I posted last night:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/svtbbs2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3577

http://www.mustangmods.com/publish/97CasperCobra/Austin%20Cruise/IMG_0378.JPG

http://www.mustangmods.com/publish/97CasperCobra/Austin%20Cruise/IMG_0382.JPG

http://www.mustangmods.com/publish/97CasperCobra/Austin%20Cruise/IMG_0394.JPG

http://www.mustangmods.com/publish/97CasperCobra/Austin%20Cruise/IMG_0398.JPG

http://www.mustangmods.com/publish/97CasperCobra/Austin%20Cruise/IMG_0373.JPG

Levi
03-10-2003, 11:34 AM
I had a GREAT time, it was an absolute BLAST.............. CC sweet pic's.:thumbsup:

SVT99
03-10-2003, 12:05 PM
I agree!! Great job Edmond! And a big thanks to "SUV Girl" for blocking traffic when the need arised. We had a blast, only it really made me miss the Cobra even more:( It sounded great when Bart and Sherri were side by side. Like a freight train in front of us, or a stampede of "horses". I was impressed with the 6 Banger but not enough to ever buy one, after owning a Cobra. On another note, I hope Tam doesn't have too big of a problem with his Cobra. Sorry for the bad luck on the way back, but I hope you don't let it put a damper on the weekend. At least we were close to Houston when it happened and not in Austin. Til we meet again guys!!!......Oh, we'll probably have a party after we get into the house, we'll keep you posted. 17 more days, I'm on the count down.:D

msmap
03-10-2003, 01:00 PM
It was a blast. Edmond, you did great. The roads were super to drive, especially 969. The hotel was in a prime spot for Sat. nites escapades. It was good to meet 2 new Cobra peoples, too. Can't wait to do it again :thumbsup:

Bartman01
03-10-2003, 02:54 PM
The trip was a blast. Hard to keep that many people happy, but you did a great job Edmond. Too bad I couldn't get many photos. Too hard to try to use the 35mm while driving, and Karen is not an adventurous enough driver (or rider) for her to have taken over the driving or photo duties. On 969 while you guys were cursing the slow moving traffic, I think she was glad they were there :).

I dropped off the completed roll of film today (the other roll only has 5 shots out of 36 right now). And the couple of minutes of usable video we got will fit on one CDR. I'll bring what I have by Starbucks tomorrow.

97CasperCobra
03-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Thanks Edmond....or should I say Annie ;) :

http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/imgs/AusCrs0303/imgs/mike2.jpg

:thumbsup:

cobrapace94
03-10-2003, 03:28 PM
Sounds like ya'll had a very good time on the cruise.. Sorry I missed it, this time.

Sorry about the bra Mike, I left for out of town on Thrursday morning.

97CasperCobra
03-10-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by cobrapace94
Sorry about the bra Mike, I left for out of town on Thrursday morning.

It's kewl Darrell, I rigged mine up so it worked out alright. Zip ties....WOOHOOO!! :D

Topless In Tex
03-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Just got my other pics back! Got some more really good ones! :) I got a shot of ya too Mike! Gonna go work in the yard for a little bit while its nice...i'll post some more pics later, and Edmond, I'll try to get them all to you somehow....:thumbsup:

White98SVT
03-10-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
Thanks Edmond....or should I say Annie ;) :

http://www.mustangmods.com/publish/97CasperCobra/Austin%20Cruise/mike.jpg

:thumbsup:

mmmmmmm white on white OWNZZZ:thumbsup:

Looks like you all had a great time. We need something like that in GA:D

Topless In Tex
03-12-2003, 12:27 AM
Hey ya'll..
Gonna email most my pics to Firme..just want to post a few more! :) Hope you like.....
We'll start out for one for Mikey...here ya go! ;)

Topless In Tex
03-12-2003, 12:31 AM
Evertime we passed a FORD Dealership, I took a pic of WhiteSnake w/ the BLUE OVAL in the background....Thought it was a cool idea. I got about 3 of them. Heres the one that looks the best..I think..;)

Topless In Tex
03-12-2003, 12:34 AM
Some of the gang...

Topless In Tex
03-12-2003, 12:37 AM
Dinner Saturday nite...man, they SURE look happy!!! :)

Topless In Tex
03-12-2003, 12:41 AM
And I did not even have to cry!!!! lol....I WAS following STEVE, so...in all fairness, HE shouldve been the one getting pulled over!!! He was no idiot, thats why he went into a different parking lot....BUT...it worked out ok after all!!! ;) hehehhe....So, for THIS year, so far... ME: 1 COPS: 0 lol....:thumbsup:

slowpoke
03-12-2003, 12:57 AM
Hello everyone! I want to also let everyone know that I too had a great time on the cruise and to thank Edmond for doing a great job organizing and planning. This was my first cruise and am looking forward to the next one. Sorry I had to bug out so early Sunday morning but had commitments in Houston in the afternoon and had to get back by noon. Sounds like the drive back was also great. The pictures are also great and especially the ones of the WHITE cobras! Hey, I am just a little partial. It was great to meet Christine and Steve and his wife as well as Tam. One of my highlights was being able to get up close and personal with 3 fine 03 cobras. Also, nice to meet Todd and Racerat! Its great when a plan comes together. Oh, and one last thing: Thanks to Bart for recommending the German restaurant in Round Top - the food and especially the beer was excellent. I will now stop rambling, I promise. Oh, one other thing........................J/K.

Mike C :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
03-12-2003, 09:51 AM
Mike, good to hear you made it home safely. Wondered where you were on Sun morning.

Definately next time, more pics, more drive-bys, and MORE FUN!!!!!!! :thumbsup: