PDA

View Full Version : Thank You, Thank You, Thank You.....

svt tam
03-10-2003, 10:43 AM
I would like to say thank you again to Sherri, Edmond, Bart, David, Stan and Charles for helping me get my car home yesterday. Well for those who haven't heard yet, my car died yesterday on the way back from austin. Luckily Sherri had her AAA card with her so she called a tow truck for me.
Thanks Sherri :thumbsup: My first cruise and I came back on a tow truck.:( That sucks.:mad: :cussing: Well i'm taking it to the shop today to see whats wrong. i'll keep ya'll posted once i found out what the problem is. i'm hoping it's just bad O2 sensors but we'll see. I had a blast on the cruise. the route we took coming back was awesome. :thumbsup: can't wait to do it again.
hopefully my car will be up and running by then.
Damn Fords.:rotf:

Levi
03-10-2003, 10:55 AM
Your vary welcome, glad you had a good time and hope the cobra will be ok.

Bartman01
03-10-2003, 11:06 AM
To top it off, it decided to stall on one of the worst and most dangerous stretches of 290 - just outside of Fairfield near the Texaco (on the other side of the highway). So many accidents/deaths have happened along that stretch of road they have shut down all the turn-arounds. There is also no shoulder to speak of.

Glad you got home alright.

Firme
03-10-2003, 11:48 AM
You're welcome Tam, I'm glad you were able to get the your car home safe. Lets hope its those Bosch O2 sensors and nothing major... but let us know as soon as you find out what it was.

And all this cause of a penny :doubt: :eek:

msmap
03-10-2003, 11:55 AM
You're very welcome, Tam. Glad I was behind you to block the traffic. Hope all goes well with the Cobra today and that all it is is those O2 sensors. Ha, you make FORD hold true to its word: Found On Road Dead :D

Topless In Tex
03-10-2003, 01:58 PM
Man, thats AWFUL!!!! I just heard about it!!!!! I hope it is not anything serious for you Tam!!! It was good to meet you. We really enjoyed your company!!! :thumbsup:
Good luck w/ the Cobra, hope to be able to get together again soon!!! :)
:banana:TNT:banana:

svt tam
03-10-2003, 07:22 PM
ok the car's out of the shop now. did a diagnostic test and it gave us the code that the engine coolant temperature sensor was not working correctly so we swaped that out for a new one and now it seems to run fine.

msmap
03-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Fantastic!!! That's great it was a simple, easy, cheap fix, no major problem :thumbsup:

Firme
03-10-2003, 09:56 PM
:thumbsup:

thats great news Tam, I'm glad that it wasn't anything major...

damn sensors.....

97CasperCobra
03-10-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Firme
:thumbsup:

thats great news Tam, I'm glad that it wasn't anything major...

damn sensors.....

Too bad I missed that. Good to hear it was nothing serious, now look before you pick up another penny. :D

SVT99
03-10-2003, 11:41 PM
Good to hear that Tam. Count your blessings!! Now if we could just gt you talk a little more. J/K You'll get used to these guys, they're great to hang out with.:cool:

svt tam
03-11-2003, 09:18 AM
yeah that's the last penny i'll ever pick up.:rotf:

msmap
03-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by svt tam
yeah that's the last penny i'll ever pick up.:rotf:

Only pick up heads up pennies from now on!!!! Sure glad I walked over it :)