PDA

View Full Version : 99 cobra coolant "dynamics"

grasshopper
03-15-2003, 02:01 PM
Greetings all,
Here's a puzzler: the low coolant light lights up when the car is warm but turns off if the car is restarted. The coolant level is OK (checked when the car is cold and warm). The light comes on after driving 5 mintues or so (for some reason usually the second time I start the car during the day). After the car warms up completely (say another 5 minutes) I can turn the engine off, restart it and the light is off. After the light comes on, I have noticed the coolant level is low in the reservoir while the car is still running and after the car is turned off, the level rises. I have not seen any obvious leaks or noticed any coolant odor when running the heater. I am more likely to get the warning light after the fan has been used. Last fall I got the car and had to have the blower motor replaced a week later. Otherwise the car runs fine (and is a blast to drive!). Anybody have any similar problems?

Spiffy668
03-15-2003, 05:47 PM
I have this same problem. Level is fine, but even while driving, the light will just pop on. Talked to a few people and they say it may be the sensor in which case the whole reservoir would need to be replaced. I just think its overly sensitive. My temperature guage never moves so I don't pay it too much attention. :doubt:

BTW, where in Chapel Hill do you live and you don't happen to have a black coupe do you?