PDA

View Full Version : 86 LX owner needs help from 94-98 Cobra owner!!!

Supercharged86
03-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Dear Cobra owner,

I own a 86 LX 5.0 that is in need of a front and rear brake upgrade. I want to use brake parts from a 94-98 Cobra (ie 13" rotor and PBR 2 piston caliper in front, and the 11.65 rotor and PBR single piston caliper in the rear).

Before I can do this I need someone who owns one of these cars to help me with 2 very crucial measurements taken from the front rotor and caliper.

If there is anyone who could help me, please respond. Thanks. Steve

johnbasf
03-17-2003, 08:22 PM
Fire away!!

Supercharged86
03-18-2003, 09:20 AM
Hi John,

Thanks for your help. The 2 measurements I need are as follows: The first is the maximum radius distance from the center of the wheel hub to the top or outermost edge of the brake caliper. This distance should be somewhere in the high 7" range. But I need to know as accurately as possible the true figure (to the tenth of an inch if possible, 7.xx).

The second measurement would be the offset between the hub face and the caliper face. In other words looking down from the caliper face (on a vertical plane), the caliper face should be sticking out farther than the hub face. The best way to measure this would be to take a staight edge and place it again the outside caliper face, and while making sure it is parallel with the hub face, measure the distance from your straight edge or level to the hub face. This number is usually less than an inch, probably close to a half.

I deeply appreciate your help John. Thanks. Steve

STU
03-18-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Supercharged86
Hi John,

Thanks for your help. The 2 measurements I need are as follows: The first is the maximum radius distance from the center of the wheel hub to the top or outermost edge of the brake caliper. This distance should be somewhere in the high 7" range. But I need to know as accurately as possible the true figure (to the tenth of an inch if possible, 7.xx).

Are you are wanting to know if you will need 17inch wheels or not? The answer to that would be yes.

johnbasf
03-18-2003, 07:49 PM
I'll try to get to it tomorrow.