PDA

View Full Version : Big Daddy is going back into the motor


Big Daddy
03-19-2003, 12:42 AM
Well I've been burning alot of oil since I got the car back, so, I had Ray of True Blue do a compression check on the cylinders this past weekend at CMP and he found #8 is down 20 lbs from the rest of them. True Blue has stepped up and said they are going to build me a new short block for FREE and install it. While the engine is out I've decided to put the FR500 heads on without port and polishing them. I'm going back with the stock cams and stock valves/springs. I am going to upgrade to 55 lb injectors and a power pipe. Ray feels that the Snake should then make 550 to 575 RWHP with 475 to 500 ft lbs of torque. This should suffice for quite a while! :D :thumbsup: All of this will be done between the Lowes Food Lion Show and three weeks before the Drag Day May 17th. This will give me time to get it broken in and retuned before beating on it! :D :thumbsup:

STANGBUM
03-19-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
This should suffice for quite a while! :D :thumbsup: :

"yeah right!!!!!!!!":rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ;)

Ken 01-Cobra
03-19-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by STANGBUM
"yeah right!!!!!!!!":rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ;)
:bs: See? Everyone already has it figured out! ;) :bs:

Cobra-R
03-19-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
This should suffice for quite a while!

:doubt: :rolleyes: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :jawdrop:

kevin
03-19-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
[BThis should suffice for quite a while! :: [/B]

that's kinda like saying we're having no snow out here in the denver area:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

p.s. go to members forum for a photo from this morning:thumbsup: :eek:

2KWhiteSnake
03-19-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Cobra-R
:doubt: :rolleyes: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :jawdrop:


Um yeah, sure Greg.


Craig

Big Daddy
03-19-2003, 12:47 PM
Gee I sense a bit of skepticism here!!! You will see that when this round is done I won't mess with more horsepower. Now I didn't say that I would quit modding the car....JUST no more HORSEPOWER mods. Last weekend I had a really hard time keeping the car from breaking traction on the short technical track that CMP is! :D Well I did spin ONCE butt I didn't go off track except to get out of the way of on coming traffic. I'm finally convinced that any more horsepower will NOT benefit the car or me! :D ;) ;) ;)

2KWhiteSnake
03-19-2003, 12:50 PM
I see lies!!! More Power!!!

I bet you dream about horsepower at night....:)


Just givin you sh*t.

Craig

theman
03-19-2003, 01:43 PM
I didn't have to read this post to know about it. Thanks for the 12:45 a.m. phone call this morning to fill me in. :rotf: :rotf:

Big Daddy
03-19-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by theman
I didn't have to read this post to know about it. Thanks for the 12:45 a.m. phone call this morning to fill me in. :rotf: :rotf:

Well at least I didn't wake YOU up! :D ;) ;) Becky is mad at me now! Oh well I'll have to buy her a beer at the track Saturday night to get her back on my good side! :D

theman
03-19-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
Well at least I didn't wake YOU up! :D ;) ;) Becky is mad at me now! Oh well I'll have to buy her a beer at the track Saturday night to get her back on my good side! :D

Wait till you see the Taurus with its chrome yellow paint job. :cool: :thumbsup:

White Venom
03-19-2003, 02:33 PM
are you going out this weekend greg?

Big Daddy
03-19-2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by White Venom
are you going out this weekend greg?

Yep I'll be on Patton on Friday night. Saturday night I'm going down to Hickory Speedway to watch a friend's car race he is the Car Chief for a short track car. PM me if you're interested in going down there with us Saturday.

redsnake99
03-19-2003, 07:21 PM
BD, maybe some day you'll get to pass me on the track.

I've got a great VHS video of the session when Ray rode with me at CMP.

:rolleyes:

Big Daddy
03-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by redsnake99
BD, maybe some day you'll get to pass me on the track.

I've got a great VHS video of the session when Ray rode with me at CMP.

:rolleyes:

Maybe this fall??? I'm going to go and play again if we do CMP in the fall. I want a chance to see some of you folks on the track again this year! :D ;) :thumbsup: HOPEFULLY it will be dry!

White Venom
03-19-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
Yep I'll be on Patton on Friday night. Saturday night I'm going down to Hickory Speedway to watch a friend's car race he is the Car Chief for a short track car. PM me if you're interested in going down there with us Saturday.
we might goto newport durring the day but if not i'll go with you. i want to go with you to the next cmp. we can get some in-car footage.

Big Daddy
03-20-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by White Venom
we might goto newport durring the day but if not i'll go with you. i want to go with you to the next cmp. we can get some in-car footage.

Sounds good, I'll see you Friday night! :D :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
03-31-2003, 03:11 PM
Well I talked to Kenny Brown today and he convinced me that I need to upgrade my cams, valves, rockers and springs. Young Ford is hooking me up with the FR500 Cams, vales, rockers and springs as a set for $1300 retail price of $1495!! Great DEAL!! So it looks like 600 RWHP will definately be in my near future! :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ken 01-Cobra
03-31-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
While the engine is out I've decided to put the FR500 heads on without port and polishing them. I'm going back with the stock cams and stock valves/springs. I am going to upgrade to 55 lb injectors and a power pipe. Ray feels that the Snake should then make 550 to 575 RWHP with 475 to 500 ft lbs of torque. This should suffice for quite a while!
Then today...
Well I talked to Kenny Brown today and he convinced me that I need to upgrade my cams, valves, rockers and springs. Young Ford is hooking me up with the FR500 Cams, vales, rockers and springs as a set for $1300 retail price of $1495!! Great DEAL!! So it looks like 600 RWHP will definately be in my near future! :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Yep, it lasted quite a while, for HIM! And he wonders why we all laughed when he said it originally!!
;) :D ;)

redsnake99
03-31-2003, 03:56 PM
Yep, pushing water at high speed takes a lot of power!

Big Daddy
03-31-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Ken 01-Cobra
Yep, it lasted quite a while, for HIM! And he wonders why we all laughed when he said it originally!!
;) :D ;)

Well I haven't done this round YET so I know I won't be adding anything else to the motor when I'm done with THIS ROUND of mods! :D ;) ;) :D

kevin
03-31-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy
Well I talked to Kenny Brown today and he convinced me that I need to upgrade my cams, valves, rockers and springs. Young Ford is hooking me up with the FR500 Cams, vales, rockers and springs as a set for $1300 retail price of $1495!! Great DEAL!! So it looks like 600 RWHP will definately be in my near future! :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"convinced"????:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: and i'll bet they had your hands tied and mouth gagged and took your head in their hands and moved your head up and down for each of their questions/offer:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Big Daddy
03-31-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by kevin
"convinced"????:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: and i'll bet they had your hands tied and mouth gagged and took your head in their hands and moved your head up and down for each of their questions/offer:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Well YA CONVINCED! He isn't selling me any of the parts but I figure he's using all the FR500 stuff on his NA 4.6L DOHC so he would know what works best. He is running the FR500 intake but it is the racing intake made out of Magnisium (SP??) and that could be a problem if it ever caught fire! :( ;) BTW Kevin I'm just trying to get close to your cars power to weight ratio! :D ;) ;) ;) :thumbsup: