PDA

View Full Version : April Meet 04/19/03 !!! (Please Read)

Firme
03-25-2003, 10:18 AM
Ok, April 19th is the 3rd Saturday of the month... so its meet time..
(open to anyone who wants to come out)

I wanted to get an idea of how many people think they will be able to make it?

Location: We could do Cheddars, unless people want to throw In suggestions

Time: 5-6 P.M.

After Dinner Activity: Cruising, hitting up some spots, Starbucks...

alright, please gimme your input peeps :D

So far:

Edmond (hopefully car show, dinner, cruising)
Stan (show, dinner, cruise)
Mike K(show, dinner, cruise)
Cameo (show, dinner, cruise)
David (show, dinner, cruise)
Keith (show, dinner, cruise) tenative
Mike C (show, hopefully dinner and cruise)
John F (show)
Charles n Erica (dinner, cruise)
Jim & Jackie Boden (Show, Dinner & Cruise)

Restaurant Info:
Cheddar's Casual Cafe
10601 Westpark Dr, Houston, TX 77042
Phone: (713) 706-3663

CHEDDARS MAP (http://imgs.maps.yahoo.com/mapimage?MAPData=bnJj1fhyzy1CFCTZyOrKMWbDAMjSoBPkc4gIHk.ELC91h3ODEkYjl1dZMkTroBzktHUYQVt3br9U5XnlhmG SfT1KugCUFZeIDapu0I.4odDEryb71OqaKFhdpmwj2Jg-)

:doubt:

Levi
03-25-2003, 11:18 AM
Cheddar's is good!

In the future we could plain a day cruise up old FM149 (curvey two lane black top). We could have lunch at one of the little old towns along the way and check out some of the antiques. Then cruise back FM149 or some of the other roads, FM1486 and FM1774.

Firme
03-25-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Levi
Cheddar's is good!

In the future we could plain a day cruise up old FM149 (curvey two lane black top). We could have lunch at one of the little old towns along the way and check out some of the antiques. Then cruise back FM149 or some of the other roads, FM1486 and FM1774.

Sounds good stan, PM the info so we can get the ball rolling

Topless In Tex
03-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Well guys, you can count me and Steve out ONCE AGAIN!!!! :(
THAT IS THE DAY OF OUR (Space City Cruisers)BIG SPRING SHOW!!!!!!!! :smack:
Guess we are destined to never be able to join ya'll!!!
Do you think ya'll will be able to make the show? Its over by 4pm. whatdya think????
We sure would miss not having ya'll and your Snakes at the show...Ya'll put on such an AWESOME entrance last Fall!!! Hate to not have ya'll there! :( And the Club Participation prize is $150 cash! :jawdrop:
:banana:TNT:banana:

Firme
03-25-2003, 11:32 PM
hmmmm Christine, that is an interesting twist

verrry tempting

97CasperCobra
03-26-2003, 09:16 AM
I say we start the meet off at the car show and possibly make it an all day event???? That $150 could be good to have for a BBQ or something at a park or someone's house???? Just my thoughts. :D

Levi
03-26-2003, 10:39 AM
Lets do the show and for those who don't, we can have dinner and evening cruise with them at what ever location we decide.

Firme
03-26-2003, 11:46 AM
thats what Im thinkin too now guys

:thumbsup:

97CasperCobra
03-26-2003, 12:59 PM
That $150 would sure go good towards our spot at AutoRama this year. Hmmmmm. :D

sbc.cobra
03-26-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by msmap
I be there. Are you working w/Scott on this one? A cruise is always cool. Went up Highway 36 out in Sealy to Brenham last weekend and Bellville is a cool little town with a bunch of antique stores.

nope...the 03 cobra meet is something completly different (different place). better hope cheddar's has good enough seating for Sherri's taste. :)

SVT Butterfly
03-26-2003, 03:17 PM
Sounds cool, I am up for both the show and meet!

cobrapace94
03-26-2003, 03:39 PM
I up for the show, as the SCC put on a good show.... :) :thumbsup:
Then get something to eat afterwards and cruise the south side.

Evilcartman
03-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by msmap
Are you working w/Scott on this one?

I don't think Scott ever planned a SCMC event. Actually, he doesn't even attend the events. He has planned svtperformance events though and invited other clubs, like FP and SCMC.

03 cobra toy
03-26-2003, 05:16 PM
Show and Cruise I'm in...... :thumbsup:

sbc.cobra
03-26-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Evilcartman
I don't think Scott ever planned a SCMC event. Actually, he doesn't even attend the events. He has planned svtperformance events though and invited other clubs, like FP and SCMC.

that's correct keith, i never have planned an SCMC event nor am i "taking over planning the events for edmond". this is a whole separate ball of wax (the 03 cobra meets)....just a bunch of 03 guys/gals (and whoever else) discussing the cars and shooting the $hit.

Levi
03-26-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Evilcartman

Thanks to Scott for inviting us to the SVTPerformance event's and I hope this will continue. I for one enjoy hanging out with all the clubs (SCMC,FP,SVTP). Thanks again Scott.

sbc.cobra
03-26-2003, 05:31 PM
no problem stan...great having you out there.

Evilcartman
03-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Thanks to Scott for inviting us to the SVTPerformance event's and I hope this will continue. I for one enjoy hanging out with all the clubs (SCMC,FP,SVTP). Thanks again Scott.

What he said.

97CasperCobra
03-26-2003, 05:46 PM

Yep yep...now if we can only find a way to get SVTPerformance and SCMC together, THAT'D be a sight to see. All those SVT products......MMMMmmmmmm :thumbsup:

Firme
03-26-2003, 05:49 PM
:D :D

yeah thanks scott for the invite ;)
Scott does the 03 SVTP meets

Okay people, back to the task at hand....I need input on 4/19...whos in?

Evilcartman
03-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Firme
:D :D

yeah thanks scott ;)

Okay people, back to the task at hand....I need input on 4/19...whos in?

Edmond, put me down for tenitive please. 2 actually. That is pretty far in the future and is hard to plan.

Levi
03-26-2003, 05:52 PM
I'm in for the Show, Dinner and the Cruise.

97CasperCobra
03-26-2003, 06:36 PM
I'm in for the Show, Dinner and the Cruise.

Ditto :thumbsup:

slowpoke
03-26-2003, 11:08 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

Edmond, put me down for the show and whatever I can handle after that. Sounds like a full day of SVT. Can't wait for some great weather too.

Mike C

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Firme
03-26-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by slowpoke
Hey Guys and Gals,

Edmond, put me down for the show and whatever I can handle after that. Sounds like a full day of SVT. Can't wait for some great weather too.

Mike C

killer Mike, it will nice to see ya again

cobltng
03-27-2003, 09:50 AM
Space City Cruisers spring car show is this date.

Firme
03-27-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by cobltng
Space City Cruisers spring car show is this date.

so are you gonna be there with us John? :D

cobltng
03-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Yes, we will be there and I felt like everyone knew about it. I have spooled this thread twice and see no mention of this show. Maybe it is like one of the war journalists."embedded" somewhere
J&B

cobltng
03-27-2003, 10:44 AM
And so it was( a mention of this show ) embedded in T-N-T's response. Again we will be doing the show but will pass on Dinner and cruise.

Firme
03-27-2003, 12:00 PM
kewl, it will be nice to see ya again John :thumbsup:

cobltng
03-27-2003, 12:10 PM
Be good to cu2 and everyone else. There was a fair group of us at the Woodlands Show.I thought you might show up there. Since you didn't you missed absolutely nothing. Many,many nice rides there but if you are not carburated you just don't count. That row of Snakes just couldn't hold their own against a 37 Chevy.
CYA

Firme
03-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by cobltng
Be good to cu2 and everyone else. There was a fair group of us at the Woodlands Show.I thought you might show up there. Since you didn't you missed absolutely nothing. Many,many nice rides there but if you are not carburated you just don't count. That row of Snakes just couldn't hold their own against a 37 Chevy.
CYA

I was there in spirit ;)

I was actually due to come out, but opted to stay home and finish the Austin Cruise pictures for our website

cobltng
03-27-2003, 12:40 PM
A good reason. By the way anyone other than me showing at the MCOH spring show?? It is Apr 13 at Emarq' Intertainment I-10 @Silber exit. Registration is 8:00 a.m. Judging at noon,awards at 3:00. This time the show is open to all makes and models. I am certain Christine & Steve will be there.
CYA

Firme
03-27-2003, 12:50 PM
Im considering the MCOH show myself

cobrapace94
03-27-2003, 03:35 PM
Put me down for show, dinner & cruising.. Subject to change, but am planning on it.
The Woodlands show had some super nice cars there, but no classes for late model cars.
When is the MCOA having their Grand national at the Adams Mark hotel? Is it the end of May, Memorial weekend? That would be a good show to attend.

cobltng
03-27-2003, 04:08 PM
Yes,Mr.D it is Memorial weekend. We are showing the 92 GT vert.
Cya

Topless In Tex
03-27-2003, 11:13 PM
HEY ALL!
Glad to see ya'll have incooperated our Show into the day!!!! THAT WILL BE AWESOME...AND again, we will do our best to keep everyone together, if ya'll can get there fairly early! ;)
Ya, the Woodlands show was a joke! The "Best New Ride" went to a '72!!!! :eek: Steve emailed them and gave his humble 'opinion on the show'....hehhe....:thumbsup:
I am kicking around the MCOH show. Steve cannot make it, hes got tickets to the Orielly Nats at Baytown. He goes every year...I myself would much rather go to the races, but I have not made a decision about the show yet....
AND we are BOTH planning on doing the MCOA Nats at the Adams Mark. We have not got our hotel rooms yet, but are planning to stay there...I doubt my car will be ready for this show...I dont know if I will have the funds to do the things that HAVE to be done before this show :( ....But, I will do it anyways...
Its gonna be GREAT to have all ya'll cruise into the show again!!! Dont forget the banner!!! Do ya'll want to do the 'trophy thing' again from SCMC like we did before? Let me know if you do, and I will have one made up again! :yup: Cant believe the show is only in 3 weeks!!!! DAMN. this year has FLOWN by so far!! :surprise:
:banana:TNT :banana:

cobltng
03-28-2003, 05:21 PM
Barb and I do NHRA on Friday for the day and night Nitro qualifying and then attend Sat eliminations.Catch the finals on ESPN2 on Sunday,then get a fall Nitro fix at Texas Motorplex.Any way it allows us to do the MCOH show on Sunday.2003 is going by like a 03 Cobra

svt tam
03-31-2003, 11:38 AM
put me down for the show.:thumbsup: i won't be able to make it to dinner cause i'll be at a bachelor party.

Jeremy
04-01-2003, 08:50 PM
I think I may actually be able to make this event. Checked out the Space City Cruisers webpage about the car show; got a questions?

Do we all have to enter our cars to for the club to be eligible for the "largest club turnout prize" (the $150), or do we just have to be present. I don't know how it works.

Also, the SSC site says $20 registration fee, while a League City site says its free. Which is it? I would tend to believe the Cruisers site.

Topless In Tex
04-01-2003, 11:12 PM
Hi Jeremy,
I'm the Show Team Coordinator, and the Parades/Convertibles Coordinator for Space City Cruisers, and I'd be glad to answer your questions... :)
Yes, only paid ($20) entries will be counted for the "Club Participation Award". You must have a car entered to be counted....which btw: Me and Steve being Club members (of Sp. City) do NOT compete against the participants..we have our own "Inner Club Car Show". We only compete w/ other SCC members...BUT Steve and myself do put South Central Mustang Cobra Club as our Club as well, so we get counted in the Club Participation for us here as well! (SCMC) ;) We also have to pay the $20 to show.
Its Free to the public to come in. Some people charge, we do not. We have Craft vendors, music, food and drinks and regular vendors...LOTS of stuff for the kids, and the playground is right there. Its a beautiful park, and its even better when its got over 200 fine rides in the parking lot and all over the grounds!! :thumbsup:
I foresee an AWESOME TURN OUT!!!! Glad to see all ya'll are wanting to come out and show! And show everyone our 'MUSTANG PRIDE!!!!" We (SCC) will have our cars displayed in a different area from the General Show. We are usually on the basket ball court, but we have changed it up a bit this time!
Looking forward to seeing all ya'll and if you have any other questions, please ask!!! Me or Steve can answer them for you!
BTW: did ya'll decide if you wanna do the "SCMC Choice" Trophy? If you do, PLEASE let me know so I can get a trophy ordered! THANKS! :burnout:
:banana:TNT:banana:

pois n s
04-04-2003, 12:15 AM
hi everyone its been a while, we will most likely to there maybe not for the show but for dinner and a cruse. take care see everyone soon. :thumbsup:

JBoden
04-06-2003, 05:29 PM
Chedder's is great.

Jim & Jackie: Show, Dinner & Cruise

97CasperCobra
04-15-2003, 12:26 AM
So...uh...... since this is on Easter weekend, we still having this meeting?? Just curious.

Firme
04-15-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
So...uh...... since this is on Easter weekend, we still having this meeting?? Just curious.

Easter is on Sunday. I say yes we are still having it unless people think saturday is a problem, let me know.

JBoden
04-15-2003, 08:43 PM
I think a meeting is a good idea. We have mucho to cover.

Jim Boden

slowpoke
04-15-2003, 11:09 PM
I have a question about the show. What time does it start and when is it over and.....can anyone post directions to the show?

If I make it out on Saturday it will be for the show only. My daughter got married last weekend and this Saturday we are going to a reception from 4pm till.

Sorry I won't make the meeting and cruise. Try for next time.

Later,

Mike C

cobrapace94
04-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Well I will not be able to make it Saturday.. Going to Baylor in Waco with my son, maybe he'll go to college & play baseball for Baylor.
Darrell

Bartman01
04-18-2003, 09:34 AM
Still not 100% sure, but I am pretty certain I can make dinner. Started getting huge packet loss last night, and have the TWC people coming out "sometime" on Saturday so I don't know if I can make it out to the show or not.

svt tam
04-18-2003, 09:45 AM
well i'm out for the show. :( gotta spend the day doing research.:mad: :cussing:

Firme
04-18-2003, 08:14 PM
PLACE AND TIME TO MEET FOR THE CAR SHOW!!!

for those who missed it on the other thread...

Place: Whataburger(SANTA FE(FM-646) exit, exit #20)
Time: 10am SHARP

We'll leave AT 10, so if you want anything to eat there, arrive a little before 10am.