PDA

View Full Version : Rollbar Pics??

pete99vert
08-15-2001, 10:21 PM
I recently saw a thread on roll bars but there was no definite conclusion that helped me. I was wondering if anyone has a picture of a good 4-point roll bar (I won't be doing any NHRA events, so I won't need a 6-point.). I e-mailed Fred at Steeda for pics but never heard back. Basically, I'm trying to find a good system that fits in my '99 convertible and allows good access to the back seat. (We have a nine month old and have to be able to get him in and out fairly easily.)

Am I dreaming to think such a product exists? :confused:

Thanks for any pics or advice. Feel free to e-mail them directly to me at R1butler@aol.com if you like.

svt_coupe
08-16-2001, 11:26 AM
Here you go:

http://teamvenomracing.com/images/slib/rollbar-unfinished.jpg
http://teamvenomracing.com/images/slib/rollbar-finished.jpg

This is an Autopower rollbar. You can get it with or without a removeable crossbrace, or a welded-in cross brace. Many of our club members have this piece and are very satisfied. I have a full cage from them and am very satisified.

97CasperCobra
08-16-2001, 01:16 PM
Hey SVT, could you answer a couple of questions for me?? While I don't see a cage in my near future, it will make it into my car someday. I was wondering how much I should expect to pay for a cage, how much is installation, and did you have to cut any interior trim panels for the cage to be installed?? Thanks.

Mike

svt_coupe
08-16-2001, 02:05 PM
Yeah man.

You will have to cut interior pieces if you want to keep interior pieces. I know a guy with a 95 R with the same cage - he simply went to a junk yard and picked up some extra panels and didn't hack up his originals. Or, if you are like me, simply keep the interior panels out. It looks kinda geeky if you don't intend to use it on the track, but if it's a track car, less weight = good. (of course, those 2 lb trim panels won't be winning you any races).

You can get a "road race" Autopower cage for about $550, give or take. Installation - not sure as I did it myself. If you want to get a custom weld-in cage, expect to pay ~$1700. I wanted to go custom, but $$$ said no. I'm very happy with the cage though. It's a good piece.

pete99vert
08-16-2001, 06:40 PM
:)

Thanks, SVT!

Basically, it looks like it would work in a convertible. Do the tubes go through the panels where the speakers would go? I guess I can always relocate them, if so.

I appreciate the pics. $550 sounds reasonable, too.

svt_coupe
08-17-2001, 08:53 AM
Yeah, it works great in a vert. You don't have to go through the speaker panels. Here is a vert with an install from one of our members.

http://www.planetmustang.com/autopower_rollbar.htm

Notice how the rear seat buldges out a bit. In our mailing list, someone just installed one of these in a vert. I believe they cut the seat frame (no big deal) to make room for the rear "legs". I think... Dean, wasn't that right??

98BlueVert
08-17-2001, 09:28 AM
i'm having mine installed in the next couple of weeks. i'll post pictures when it's done.

johnbasf
08-17-2001, 04:33 PM
Todd does this mean you will be going to Jackson for the club drag?:D

Dean95CobraR
08-17-2001, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by svt_coupe
Yeah, it works great in a vert. You don't have to go through the speaker panels. Here is a vert with an install from one of our members.

http://www.planetmustang.com/autopower_rollbar.htm

Notice how the rear seat buldges out a bit. In our mailing list, someone just installed one of these in a vert. I believe they cut the seat frame (no big deal) to make room for the rear "legs". I think... Dean, wasn't that right??

Yep, I think they took the cover off and notched the frame so the rollbar would fit through it. Once the cover was put back on, it didn't buckle.
Here is a picture of his final install. Very nice.

98BlueVert
08-17-2001, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
Todd does this mean you will be going to Jackson for the club drag?:D

John,

Yes I am planning on going! I went by and saw Dave's car today. Vortech looks very nice. Can't wait to see what he turns on the dyno.

pete99vert
08-18-2001, 05:20 PM
Dean:

Thanks for the pic of the vert with the rollbar. That looks good and is basically what I had in mind. Do you know if that's the Autopower? If so, what's the best source for picking one up? I found a website for Autopower but it basically just gives their address and phone #. Do any of our vendors carry it?

Thanks again!

redsnake99
08-18-2001, 06:15 PM
Dropped my car off at Marshall Racing in Monroe, NC today to have the roll bar installed in my 99 Cobra vert. Jay's going to put in a custom 6-point with removable sides and removable cross-bar where my shoulder harnesses bolt in.

I'll have pix by the end of the week.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Dean95CobraR
08-20-2001, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by pete99vert
Dean:

Thanks for the pic of the vert with the rollbar. That looks good and is basically what I had in mind. Do you know if that's the Autopower? If so, what's the best source for picking one up? I found a website for Autopower but it basically just gives their address and phone #. Do any of our vendors carry it?

Thanks again!

Pete,
Yes, it is a Autopower. Please email me privately about the vendor. We are having some issues with him and I would like to explain them to you. Email me at dean99@maplenet.net

98BlueVert
08-20-2001, 01:39 PM
Dean:

Thanks again!

Pete,

Carolina Mustang here in Raleigh stocks the Autopower for $189. That's not too far for you to come get and you'll save on shipping. 919-467-2900. Also, True Blue in Garner is going to start stocking roll bars. You may want to give them a call. 919-661-0200.

pete99vert
08-23-2001, 10:00 AM
Thanks Dean and Todd.

I'll call Carolina Mustang and see if they install as well.

98BlueVert
08-23-2001, 10:05 AM
Thanks Dean and Todd.

I'll call Carolina Mustang and see if they install as well.

They don't install. True Blue will. Either if you buy from them or bring in one you already have.

pete99vert
08-23-2001, 05:16 PM
THANKS!!

:)

98BlueVert
08-31-2001, 10:58 AM
Mine is going in Tues! Holley 4pt Chrome. I will post pictures when I get it back.

98BlueVert
09-05-2001, 08:08 AM
It's in!!!! I will be making pictures to post on Sat. It looks really good.

cobrabitn
09-05-2001, 11:35 AM
Check this one out. It looks really cool...

Tony

98BlueVert
09-05-2001, 01:13 PM
That's exactly what mine looks like. :D :D

redsnake99
09-06-2001, 11:37 PM
Someone wanted rollbar pictures. Here's my setup with removable side bars and removable horizontal belt bar.

BlackStallion Racing
09-07-2001, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by redsnake99
Someone wanted rollbar pictures. Here's my setup with removable side bars and removable horizontal belt bar.

WOW!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I didn't know a rollbar could look that good in a vert!!! That picture is making me reconsider that instead of a lightbar...

cobrabitn
09-07-2001, 06:18 AM
Dave,

I can't wait to see your car....aaahhhh drive your car...... I mean see your car. It looks totally awesome and I bet it runs better too....lol. :p

Mystic_Cobra
01-22-2003, 11:28 PM
It looks like Dean posted this picture of a rollbar installed in a vert with tan padding on it. I don't think it's Dean's car, but it could be. Does anyone know who the bar/car belongs to and/or where the padding came from?

thanks!