PDA

View Full Version : ? on horse power recall on 99 cobra

99svtCobra
03-26-2003, 11:26 PM
I just put my cobra on dyno today and was really surprised to find it was only putting out 255 hp. i did some checking and found out that there was a recall on the 99 cobra's for this problem (they are supposed to put out 320 hp). I checked with ford and they are telling me the recall time has expired. Has anyone run into this problem and if so, did you get them to honor the recall after the expiration and how? Also what exactly do they do to get the hp increased. im just wandering if i should invest in this if i have to pay out of pocket.

flynfink
03-27-2003, 11:07 AM
The "fix" was a factory recall. It involved intake, exhaust and reprogramming the ecm.. There should be a recall sticker in the engine compartment. If it was not done and your dealer says it's too late, I'd call SVT (someone chime in with the #). It would probably be a pretty expensive out of pocket for you to do it.

fyi - mine dyno'd at 248 RWP before and 276 after. With the minimal mods I've dove (CAI and catback), my best pull was 283 RWHP (SAE).

cobrabitn
03-27-2003, 01:04 PM
Check to see if your recall was completed by calling 1-800-FORD-SVT and if not then request it from Ford motor Company as I am positive they will honor it. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can help you out!

My 99 Cobra before the fix 256 rwhp and after the fix 272 rwhp. Remember the 320 is at the flywheel, your rwhp should be in between 268 and 272. Hope that helps out!