PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Time

STU
03-27-2003, 05:41 PM
Looks like I'll be needing a new radiator this year. This one has started leaking along where the left (passenger) side end cap crimps onto the core. Starts leaking when it gets warmed up. Looking at this Steeda super cool unit. Anyone know how the fit is?

http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/supercoolradiator.htm

sn8kbit
03-27-2003, 06:28 PM
From the ones I've seen Dave, the Steeda/C&R unit is top quality. I ran the Motorsport aluminum in my old GT, with good results also, for less changola. When i upgrade the cooling system, it'll be a C&R or Motorsport R style w/degas bottle.

STU
03-27-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by sn8kbit
From the ones I've seen Dave, the Steeda/C&R unit is top quality. I ran the Motorsport aluminum in my old GT, with good results also, for less changola. When i upgrade the cooling system, it'll be a C&R or Motorsport R style w/degas bottle.

That's good to know Steve. Unfortunately I just noticed the unit I posted only fits up to 1993. Dang...had a good price too.

johnbasf
03-27-2003, 09:48 PM
I have the Steeda(C&R) unit in mine. Make sure you get the cap for the radiator. The fit was great.

sn8kbit
03-28-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by STU
That's good to know Steve. Unfortunately I just noticed the unit I posted only fits up to 1993. Dang...had a good price too.

You should be able to run the 95R version of the same radiator, Dave. I don't have the Motorsport FRPP catalog handy, but I'm pretty sure there's one availble for yours. The C&R is pricey, but worth it. I'm looking at the Fluidyne with AT cooler for use as a power steering cooler also, but this'll be more than likely end of summer. If I can find that catalog, I'll find out for ya for sure...

STU
03-28-2003, 08:32 PM
I may do the Fluidyne also. Steeda scares me to some extent as they can't settle on a particular radiator to sell. I believe they started out selling Fluidyne, then C & R and now UltraCool units. Is the Houston Performance Group purchase overwith now?

STU
04-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Called today and ordered a Fluidyne radiator from Houston Performance. Should be here next week.

Aaron94
04-07-2003, 05:17 PM
I wish i could have saw this post earlier to tell you to go with the fluidyne in the first place, but rest assured you will love it. The fit is very nice. you may have to drill another hole just behind (towards the engine more) for the overflow bottle bracket. i had to move this bracket back slightly on my 94 to fit the fluidyne, since it is a bit bigger. is runs COOL now though, very happy with it.

STU
04-07-2003, 06:43 PM
Thanks Aaron, Thats good to know.