PDA

View Full Version : Finally!! The wait is over!!

SVT99
03-28-2003, 12:11 AM
We closed on the house today!:) But what should have been an enjoyable moment for us turned into a stomach turning, white knuckle affair. The loan processor ruined what should have been a very ggod day for us. It all worked out in the end, thank God. Now the tedious process of moving begins this weekend! I'm looking forward to it though.:D I'll probably see you guys at Houston FFW, Al and I are planning on taking Jeremy's car up there since he's overseas.....or I'll see some of you when Nina moves down if I can make it to help unload. Take care guys, we'll keep in touch! Look forward to the day I'm back in a Cobra:thumbsup:

Firme
03-28-2003, 01:12 AM
CONGRATULATIONS DAVID!!!!

I'm sorry you had it ruined by the loan officer though... glad it all worked out

hope to see ya soon man....

97CasperCobra
03-28-2003, 08:56 AM
Awesome David, and sorry it was such a hassle. The good thing is you're in a house. Great seeing ya on the Austin Cruise, hopefully next time you'll have a snake, but even still it was a great time. Hope to see you and Tracy out soon.

svt tam
03-28-2003, 09:37 AM
congrats david. :thumbsup:

Bartman01
03-28-2003, 12:01 PM
After having bought 2 houses and gone throug a couple of refinancings (all in the last 5 or 6 years - I guess I am a masochist) I have learned one very important thing.

Unless you have a good realator that is babysitting the closing process it will be a huge pain in the rear.

Both of our closings went with only minor issues thanks to our realator. HOWEVER - the two refinancings (done to take advantage of the constantly dropping rates) were nightmares. Contracts were drawn up wrong, paperwork wasn't ready when it was supposed to be, we show up to sign and the title co wasn't even aware we were coming, etc.

Congratualtions on the house and welcome to the joys (?) of home ownership. Now go mow that yard :p.

msmap
03-28-2003, 03:41 PM
Congrats David and Tracy, you'll have a lot of fun turning that new house into a home :)

SVT99
03-28-2003, 11:07 PM
Thanks!! Actually moved some stuff into today, what a feeling. Unfortunately we used a realtor that's a friend of ours, don't ever make that mistake. As for mowing, luckily Tracy likes to do that! What a woman:D All I have to do is spring for a self propelled mower so she doesn't have to push to much. But I'd feel guilty, so I'll do the mowing. We'll let you know when we're ready for a
"Cobra" party;)

Topless In Tex
03-30-2003, 04:30 AM
THATS COOL! I'm glad for ya'll!!!!!!!!! You know were neighbors now???? You live about 10 minutes from ME!!! lol!!! PM me ya'lls address, i'll come visit! lol.... Thats a nice neighborhood.
So............when is the HOUSE WARMING PARTY??????????
:banana:TNT:banana:

Ya...it was a major PITA closing...theres been very few times in my life i"ve been that stressed out...something ALWAYS GOES WRONG!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD....TO THE SOUTH PART OF TEXAS!!!! ;)

now...if we could just get the rest of them to move down here!!!! :D