PDA

View Full Version : Bought a track car!

Blown96Snake
03-30-2003, 01:26 PM
Don't laugh...

It's a 1990 Miata...it has a blazing fast stock four cylinder engine, faded red paint...(got some zaino products Saturday to hopefully better this), and a hard top for $3150. The engine has 40k on it and it felt strong (relative) all they way to redline. I am planning on installing a 4 point rollbar and 5 point harnesses carbotech pads and probably some falken azenis tires. It looks a little heavy side so I think I will get ride of some unnecssary stuff. It only weighs 2200 lbs now...I hope to get down to at least 2000lbs. I can't wait to get to the track, it is going to be a fun car...Don't worry, I'll keep my eyes glued to the rearview for all those cobras passing me....

I need BD to loan me some of that power he is getting this week!

I think her name will be momentum...since the right pedal doesn't do much. For all intensive purposes, its just a dead pedal for my right foot!!haha

It was great to see everyone this weekend! Tony, I'm gonna need another Cobra club sticker! Later

Dave

SIUNARA
03-30-2003, 02:31 PM
Can you say Spec Miata!!! :thumbsup: ;)

I owned a Miata once (99 model year)...and the handling was impressive from the factory. You're right about the right pedal being an extra dead pedal. :) I'm sure you'll have LOTS of fun with it...and don't worry about the Cobra's in your rearview...with a little weight loss and some momentum you'll suprise many a car with that thing. Congrats!! :) :)

97whitevert
03-30-2003, 02:31 PM
Congrats Dave! now, wipe that grin off your face! hehehe...:D :D

Andy M
03-30-2003, 09:59 PM
Dave,

Congrats! It is amazing how little money you need to spend to get these little cars prepped up for racing! By the way, a well driven Miata will give a Cobra fits on a road course. Of course it is no contest on the straights, but on a shorter course, I give the advantage to the Miata.

Be sure to keep the shiny side up!;)

Blown96Snake
03-30-2003, 10:29 PM
Hey Andy, How bout faded side up!!!! haha

Lisa, I'm not smiling:D

I wanted to bring it back up to school with me...I probably would have been ripping the carpet out tonight in the snow if it was here!!!!!

I am looking at a used autopower rollcage w/ nascar bars...crossing my fingers...for 300 bucks

then I am going to put it on a diet

I can't wait!!!

Siunara-I had spec miata in mind when choosing a track car.

Take it easy everyone

Dave

Big Daddy
03-31-2003, 12:35 AM
Congrats Dave, hope to see you on track with the little beastie! :D ;)

NO 5 OH
03-31-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by Blown96Snake
I wanted to bring it back up to school with me...I probably would have been ripping the carpet out tonight in the snow if it was here!!!!

I started to e-mail you this past week and see if you might be interested in meeting a fellow club member at ASU as my girlfriend and I were up there Saturday for Dave Matthews/Tim Reynolds at the Holmes Center. I didn't have time though as we left Hickory a bit later than we planned and got there just in time to beat traffic :thumbsup:

Perhaps we'll meet up one day soon... we head up to Boone on long drives quite often when it's warm ;)