PDA

View Full Version : My Daughters Trip To Shelby America!

Topless In Tex
04-12-2003, 05:51 AM
OKAY.... well, I can honestly say that I have one LUCKY KID! Ive just spent the last few hours downloading the pics of her spring vacation that her dad took her on to VEGAS....(we are in Texass)....
I've had major pc problems...and w/ my photo software. So, I downloaded them to my photo software, and also saved them to disk to make sure they would not come up empty...I've had that happen w/ all the pics I've 'saved' or so I thought, the last couple of weeks since my pc crashed and burned. My pc is not finding the driver to my camera...but ANYWAYS.....CHECK THIS OUT...
My 10 year old daughter got to to to SHELBY AMERICA ON HER SPRING BREAK!!!! SHE got to sit in an ORIGINAL SHELBY A/C COBRA RACE CAR WORTH ABOUT A HALF A MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!
I think its just wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cool! Shes into the 'car thing', but I think it will be later in life when she realizes how LUCKY she was at her young age!!!! I'm VERY envious of her!!!! Shes an AWESOME KID.... and a very lucky one too! ;)
I hope I can figure out how to link this album to this thread...we will see...... :(
:banana:TNT:banana:
<a target=_new href="http://community.webshots.com/album/69334198ypWTrU">http://community.webshots.com/album/69334198ypWTrU</a>

I hope the link works!

msmap
04-12-2003, 07:23 AM
Morning, Christine, you are up late or should we say early? Link works, little CC is one lucky kid :bounce:

97CasperCobra
04-12-2003, 09:06 AM
Awesome Christine, I want...... DROOOOL.

Andy M
04-15-2003, 05:56 PM
Christine,

During my yearly pilgrimage to Vegas with some friends of mine, I visited the Shelby facility at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I was there for some r&r as well as I took a Derek Daly road racing course (boy, was that fun?!!!!:bounce: ) and we went to Shelby's place and they gave us a tour. I managed to take a ton of very detailed digital shots while inside the facility but they asked me not to publish them anywhere for obvious reasons. We saw them putting the final touches on the 40th anniversary Cobra while we were there.

Additionally, one of the guys with us in the road racing course had just taken delivery of a new Series 1 with a blower on it. Whew!! 550 horsepower and only 2800 pounds!!!!:eek:

You can still purchase a brand new 1965 vintage (with a '65 VIN) from Shelby for about $70K - without and engine or tranny. It is about $100K or so for one fully decked out, ready to roll.

Glad to hear that your daughter had a good time! That place is very cool!!!