PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Run

johnbasf
04-13-2003, 10:23 PM
What are your plans for BR as far as hotels or camping?

justagt
04-14-2003, 11:29 AM
I will be crashing at my house that weekend.:(

rshelbygt
04-14-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
What are your plans for BR as far as hotels or camping?

I think I'm going to camp...depends on what the weather is supposed to be. I look forward to hanging out with all you fools again like we did at Summit and CMP last year. I haven't laughed that hard since!!!:thumbsup:

johnbasf
04-14-2003, 07:28 PM
I'm trying to get my brother to go look at things for us. I'll let you know. The lady said they had a temp. building with showers and toilets.

COBRA #17
04-14-2003, 07:47 PM
I also emailed your bro too John. I hope he goes out to give it a look for us. I will have the crew with me Jay and Allen are going I think. I look forward to sitting by the trailer listening to Disco and shooting the breeze!!! Maybe we can talk Shugg into wearing his leisure suit intead of the cords !!! :rotf: :rotf:

johnbasf
04-14-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by COBRA #17
I also emailed your bro too John. I hope he goes out to give it a look for us. I will have the crew with me Jay and Allen are going I think. I look forward to sitting by the trailer listening to Disco and shooting the breeze!!! Maybe we can talk Shugg into wearing his leisure suit intead of the cords !!! :rotf: :rotf:

I WILL be bringing some CD's. :rotf:

wildhorsesracin
04-15-2003, 10:38 PM
I was planning on camping - but I had heard that there is no power there... might have to get my generator running...

wildhorsesracin
04-15-2003, 10:39 PM
I'll bring my copy of Saturday night fever so shuggybutt can show us some of his 'moves'...

Dean95CobraR
04-16-2003, 08:21 AM
Save me a camping spot too! Just make sure it's not by Pearson 'cause I hear his snoring may be past the Beaverun 95db noise rating. :djsmile:

I will make sure I bring my generator. Does anyone have a Disco ball for Shugg? :D

wildhorsesracin
04-16-2003, 08:34 AM
Dean95CobraR says:
Just make sure it's not by Pearson 'cause I hear his snoring may be past the Beaverun 95db noise rating.

And to think I just thought they were 'logging' next door to CMP! :eek: :eek: :eek: :rotf:

justagt
04-16-2003, 08:47 AM
When I roomed with John at CMP, I had to wear my helmet while I slept to block out the thunder. I thought my car was loud! ;)

kidding with you, JP:D

johnbasf
04-16-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by justagt
When I roomed with John at CMP, I had to wear my helmet while I slept to block out the thunder. I thought my car was loud! ;)

kidding with you, JP:D

I warned you!! :D

johnbasf
04-16-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Dean95CobraR
Save me a camping spot too! Just make sure it's not by Pearson 'cause I hear his snoring may be past the Beaverun 95db noise rating. :djsmile:

I will make sure I bring my generator. Does anyone have a Disco ball for Shugg? :D

If this sponsor deal works out I might let you guys stay in my John Mahal. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

98banana
04-16-2003, 06:39 PM
If this sponsor deal works out I might let you guys stay in my John Mahal. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You're my idol! :thumbsup:

I may be up for the BeaveRun event to spectate (and scope out the future competition.)

I sold my RV so I need to find my tent...

johnbasf
04-16-2003, 09:17 PM
I thought I might have the rest of the MM goodies by BR but.... Oh well. :D

98banana
04-17-2003, 01:01 PM

Duh! I just put 2 and 2 together. Has this sponsor we talked about the other night come through with that plan? :thumbsup: :eek: :eek:

b_tone
04-17-2003, 01:20 PM
The entire Brian P. Tone crew will be crashing either in the tent or in the trailer for the entire weekend....though luxury will be had due in part to the air matress and in part to the Bass Ale that comes to all track events.

it will be good to see you guys at the track, John if you get a TajMahauler I am claiming stake to floorspace....

see you soon.

BT

wildhorsesracin
04-17-2003, 01:55 PM
I am bringing the M'Home (PantasMahal? WildHorseShack?) - hopefully there will be electricity if it is cold... ;)

I will have the customary filet mignon and merlot so that I can sleep thru Tone's snoring... :eek: :eek:

b_tone
04-17-2003, 02:04 PM
you had better bring a case of that merlot if you want to ignore my snoring...it's a medical condition, I swear!

bt

johnbasf
04-17-2003, 04:11 PM
I just talked to BR and they said the temp. facilities were two doulble wide trailers with showers and toilets. No power will be available even with long drop cords.

wildhorsesracin
04-17-2003, 04:13 PM
Hope it don't snow!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

AI/X #08
04-17-2003, 11:14 PM
Where is Wampum Pennsylvania anyway? I am looking forward to being there, but haven't a clue where to stay and what to do. Is there a city close by that I can find on a map? I've got to find a hotel because If Brians snoring is as bad as I hear, I don't even want to be in the same campground let alone the same area. He only fell asleep once while working under his car at Mid-Ohio so I don't have first hand knowledge, but I'll trust everyone. Mark

johnbasf
04-18-2003, 12:04 AM
It's about 30 minutes from Pittsburgh. http://www.beaverun.com/directions.asp There are plenty of hotels close by. You will however be missing out on some good times hanging out.

AI/X #08
04-18-2003, 12:21 AM
I'll hang out as long as my old weary butt can. I can't hang with the young guys like Tone and Wilson, but I'll give it my best. As long as I get 6 hours sleep, I am worthy of getting in a car and thrashing on it safely. What's there to do in Pittsburg? Mark

johnbasf
04-18-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by AI/X #08
I'll hang out as long as my old weary butt can. I can't hang with the young guys like Tone and Wilson, but I'll give it my best. As long as I get 6 hours sleep, I am worthy of getting in a car and thrashing on it safely. What's there to do in Pittsburg? Mark

I can hook you up with my brother who lives there if you want to party. Everyone must have an Iron City Beer while at this event. Except me, I quit. :D :D There is a ton to do, 24/7

johnbasf
04-18-2003, 12:45 AM
The pic on your site of the guy looking at the wiring harness cracks me up. It reminds me of how bad I am at wiring. That guy probably knows what he is looking at. :thumbsup:

wildhorsesracin
04-18-2003, 08:14 AM
I am hoping John is on one end and Tone on the other and they cancel each other out - kind of like a sine-cosine wave... ;)

I can't wait, I am even putting in NEW sparkplugs...

AI/X #08
04-18-2003, 10:38 AM
Actually the guy is Chris Pederson and he is looking at the old brake lines. It sure does look like a conglomeration of wiring as big as it is. It is off the car which was an ABS car. We had to redo the whole braking sytem. He seems to like double flaring, I think he's nuts.
I think having one on each side is actually going to create a stereo affect for you. Actually like some sort of ressonance like a speaker box will happen and the whole campground will join in and sing campground songs while brian holds the beat. Bring ear plugs or keep them up all night drinking.:D Mark

HistoricMustang
04-18-2003, 04:16 PM
How about taking the blown motor and putting in in "wildhorses" trunk - do you think we can get away with that? That son of a gun lapped me at CMP.

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

johnbasf
04-18-2003, 05:31 PM
Welcome aboard Henry. :thumbsup:

HistoricMustang
04-18-2003, 05:47 PM
Thanks, I definately need to get some of my buddies from the Historic groups over here to give some credit to the early models. They have some nice stuff and off course is it all "vintage legal".

You guys/girls are great!!

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

AI/X #08
04-18-2003, 05:50 PM
After it blows up, we'll inconspicously put it in his trunk. He's so fast, he'll never know it :) . I look forward to meeting you henry at Beaverun as well. That is of course if I get the car done. Mark

HistoricMustang
04-18-2003, 05:57 PM
Sorry, can't make Beaver Run. The son is graduating from College - thank Goodness it is finally over. Will get hooked up with some new people at Summit Point. Did CMP and had a great time, except for Pantas blowing my doors off - you would think he would be considerate too an old man.

I like his Motorhome - it is just about as old as my '65. Jim, when did they last make a "Flare". Sounds like bell bottoms or hip huggers............................or maybe lighin' up one of them joints back in the '60's.

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

wildhorsesracin
04-19-2003, 04:07 PM
Henry,
My "Flair" happens to have the same hp as my racecar! ;) ;) It is a dinosaur!!

I apologize for lapping you at CMP, I was concentrating on passing Terry Killian and trying to catch Lesneski before the race ended...

CMP is such a technical track, I am sure your '65 was a handful - you'll more than make it up at Lowes in August when you wiz by me on the high banks!!!

It's a shame you won't be at Beaverun - I hear it isn't very technical either... :thumbsup:

HistoricMustang
04-19-2003, 04:32 PM
Yea, it is hard to get technical when the steering has half a turn of "play".......................... from the factory.

Talking to some early model buddies and they are planning to make Lowes so maybe we can sneak up on you late modelers with numbers.

What kind of milage does the "Flair" get.

We need to get this tradition thing going (the Historic guys use a 5 gallon paint bucket to mix their special adult beverage) so perhaps we can all meet on top of your motor home after the race on Saturday and use that as a tradition. I am sure that "tank" will hold everybody.

What do you think guys/girls.............................on top of Jim's motorhome after the Saturday race?

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

cpa5oh
04-20-2003, 08:03 AM
I can't wait to watch you guys race on the 10th and 11th. Looks real exciting in the videos.

Dan

wildhorsesracin
04-20-2003, 02:03 PM
The "flair" gets the same mileage no matter what you do - towing, driving, coasting... 8 mpg! and the boxy aerodynamics get REAL squirrelly around 75+ - so I have to keep her under 75 to be comfortable...

I have been wanting to paint the old girl - we could drink that bucket of brew and get out the paint and see what kind of design we come up with!!!!

HistoricMustang
04-20-2003, 02:59 PM
Understand Jim is looking at a "new" motorhome to replace the Flair.............................

SIUNARA
04-20-2003, 05:54 PM
Hey Pearson, you planning on heading to BR on Friday?

98banana
04-23-2003, 06:17 PM
I was just hanging out at corner-carvers and this subject came up: sound level limits at BeaveRun. Some of you straight pipe guys (I guess that's everybody) might want to take a look...

http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=99414#post99414

COBRA #17
04-23-2003, 06:35 PM
Yes that was in one of the emails E Mehen sent out a couple weeks ago. He has been to the track since, in fact over the weekend to check some things out for us. He talked to the guys there about the 95 rule and they said it is loosly enforced. If the car is obviusly too loud they check. If the cars are not to out of hand it isn't an issue. He also said they do have hot showers and restrooms but no power for camping or trailers. But camping is allowed.

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

Blown96Snake
04-23-2003, 10:28 PM
I wanna go!!!!!!! I have to be up there the next weekend for Hyper-fest anyway...I could chill out with my aunt and uncle for a week...hmm...Pearson...you gonna have a pimped out trailer by then????? I've got ear plugs and I ain't skeered!:rotf:

Dave

b_tone
04-24-2003, 10:41 AM
I just spoke to Lawrence Mansier, the OH/IN director and he told me that any AI car that runs with out mufflers will be black flagged the first time by the meter. Apparently they are huge noise nazi's looking to pick on big thumping american V8's.

The good news is that the mod motor guys don't have to worry about is as they have low compression, low power, low torque and they are likely to blow the motor up within 10 minutes of the start of the weekend....

ha ha.

Got Pushrods?

justagt
04-24-2003, 11:29 AM
man, that is ridiculous if it is as bad as that guy makes it sound. IF my car was running, I wouldn't make it to pit-out before they got after me.

AI/X #08
04-24-2003, 11:58 AM
I just spoke to Lawrence Mansier, the OH/IN director and he told me that any AI car that runs with out mufflers will be black flagged the first time by the meter. Apparently they are huge noise nazi's looking to pick on big thumping american V8's.

Damn Tone, what are you trying to say :D. Besides you know better as a racer and an engineer. My mod motor will run exactly 99% of the race, then blow up. Come on get with it. At least I have your cooking to look forward to :thumbsup: Besides you are just pissed that you have to put mufflers on that beast of yours. The thing just screams too. Oh well. Mark

wildhorsesracin
04-24-2003, 12:19 PM
Black Flag ME Baby!

I just spent two friggin' weekends welding up a new exhaust for my car - if some pansy-arse track can't handle big 'MERICAN sized V8's well then I'll just go home...

OR better yet, since it is ALREADY a 8-10 hr drive for me - I'll just stay home....

That way Tone can run against all the same AIX guys he ran against at Mid-OHIO... :thumbsup:

johnbasf
04-24-2003, 04:26 PM
I'm with Jim here. IF there is a chance of getting black flagged I'll go to Jim's house that weekend. We all need some official word on this matter. :mad: :mad:

b_tone
04-24-2003, 04:27 PM
I gave you the official answer straight from LM's mouth......and he also said the real engines have pushrods!!

wildhorsesracin
04-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Geez, you'd think that a track with this much space around it shouldn't have to worry about sound!!!!

http://www.americaniron-east.com/images/beaverunaerial600.jpg

Has anyone ever seen the houses around Roebling Road? I am always worried that I'lll miss the turn in T1 - jump the berm and end up in someone's pool!!! :rotf: :eek: :rotf: :eek:

98banana
04-24-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by b_tone
I gave you the official answer straight from LM's mouth......and he also said the real engines have pushrods!!

Well, that last part shows that he doesn't have a clue, so why should we believe the "official answer"? :D

I gotta get in on this since I'll be using a mod motor! :bounce:

98banana
04-24-2003, 04:39 PM
This is the corrected version of the map and shows who is raising all the fuss on the noise ordinances. They look stupid from their war stance, so now they have a new battle...

wildhorsesracin
04-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Ya know... Shugg's first "mod" motor had pushrods... yep, almost pushed the rods out the side of the block.... I was there when it did it.... made me a believer in a moment!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :bounce: :banana:

johnbasf
04-24-2003, 04:56 PM
Tone, since you are a FORD engineer we can blame YOU for the Mod Motor woes!!! Thanks BUDDY. :D

svt_coupe
04-24-2003, 05:09 PM
LOL!!! TOO FREAKING FUNNY TOM!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by 98banana
This is the corrected version of the map and shows who is raising all the fuss on the noise ordinances. They look stupid from their war stance, so now they have a new battle...

To Jim Pantas and Brian Tone,

:moon:

Sincerely,
Shugg

wildhorsesracin
04-24-2003, 05:16 PM
Look at the similarity... MOD Motor = Mod Squad?

That would explain the corduroy!!!!

http://www.wildhorsesracing.com/images/shugguroy.gif

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :eek: :rotf:

SIUNARA
04-24-2003, 06:20 PM
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HistoricMustang
04-24-2003, 06:48 PM
I am with Jim here. Sound restrictions will eventually kill a track -- look at Roebling Road where I started with working the corners. They are down to letting the Highway Patrol rent the track.

If you are gonna go, one suggestion. Find out where the sound equipment will be and on what side of the track. Set up you exhaust to go out the opposite site of the car.

Vroooooooooooooooooooom is where it is at.

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

Blown96Snake
04-24-2003, 07:21 PM
Look at the similarity... MOD Motor = Mod Squad? :rotf:

You guys are nuts...must be too much carbon dioxide, I suggest you all leaning your motors out a little. Just my $.02:rotf: :rotf:

Dave

johnbasf
04-24-2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by wildhorsesracin
Look at the similarity... MOD Motor = Mod Squad?

That would explain the corduroy!!!!

http://www.wildhorsesracing.com/images/shugguroy.gif

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :eek: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dang Pantas :rotf:

AI/X #08
04-25-2003, 02:18 AM
My solution is to try to stay as close to Jim and Tone so they won't know it's me. Since I am running a mod motor, I'll probably have to be a lap down to do it, but I'll still get to run:p . Tone, I have pushrods, a bunch of rod heads pushing the car since it's going to blow up. I know it will because I know the engineers who designed it.:flag: Fortunately the engine going in for the race after BeaveRun has been re-engineered and should last. I don't know if it will make power, but it should last. Why are these things so heavy and who needs oil in the pan anyway . :D Mark

HistoricMustang
04-25-2003, 05:52 AM
If sound becomes an issue it is real simple to take care of the problem:

Modify your open exhause so they empty into the cockpit. That will get the sound below 95.

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

b_tone
04-25-2003, 10:12 AM
Hey shugg, one quick question about that figure mooning me....why is the rear of that icon so freekin red? Have you been getting spanked by hoover like he spanks you on the track?

Just a simple question....

only playing....lol

COBRA #17
04-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Hey leave me out of this when it comes to rears & spanking !!!
:rotf: :thumbsup: :rotf: :thumbsup:

It is probably red from trying on all those Cords out west. Friction you know !!!:grinangel

AI EAST Asst DIrector
COBRA #17

svt_coupe
04-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Pantas: 2
Shugg: 0

Ok, I gotta hand it to you Pantass. It's been a few days and I'm still laughing about this. :D Butt more importantly, I'm trying to come up with a Pantyass-comeback-picture that is fitting enough to grace these pages. Have no fear, Jim. It will be good. It will be very good.

But, unfortunately for me, I'm a dolt that can't find what I'm lookin' fer.....

Shugg - who's gonna be prepared for the BeaveRun razzing sessions...

PS - I'm glad you changed your paint scheme to WHITE - I don't have to worry about getting yellar on my shiny new paint job. :D :D

wildhorsesracin
04-29-2003, 04:49 PM
http://www.wildhorsesracing.com/images/bringiton.jpg

Beware of the yellow plow... ;)

COBRA #17
04-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Man I'm glad I'm not in on this one !!!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I'll be good I promise!!!!

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

wildhorsesracin
04-29-2003, 09:25 PM
Hoovy?!?! That's not like YOU!?!?! :eek: :eek:

I am just trying to stir up some smack for beaverun...

Since it is a new track we should all be on the same level... ;);)

COBRA #17
04-29-2003, 09:27 PM
I'm turning over a new leaf !!!!

:grinangel

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

AI/X #08
04-29-2003, 10:32 PM
This sounds like a good time to be in the back and just watch the fireworks. Fortunately since it is our first race with this car, that is exactly where we will be;) . I'll enjoy the show, and sell the video as an add on to Girls Gone Wild. We'll call it, good drivers gone bad or something of that nature. Looking forward to the race as our car is almost done. I test this weekend at Mid-AMericn Motorplex. If Idon't blow it up first. Mark

svt_coupe
04-30-2003, 11:22 AM

Yeah my @#$% you're turning over a new leaf!! It must be the whole tree!!

svt_coupe
04-30-2003, 11:25 AM
We'll call it, good drivers gone bad or something of that nature.

It will be called "When American Iron Drivers Attack."

:D

wildhorsesracin
04-30-2003, 11:29 AM
COBRA #17said:

GOLLY! Amy DOES have you by the $@##s!

I am impressed!! That marriage stuff has had an interesting effect on you!!!

svt_coupe
04-30-2003, 11:41 AM
http://www.racenasa.com/pdf/event_entrants_BEAVERUN.pdf

13 AI cars
1 AI Pumpkin with a new leaf (no word on a stem yet)
8 AIX car (add Pantyass and Schlicky)
1.5 weeks and counting

New track to most everyone. The buck stops here boyz...

I wish I had more experience learning how to drive fast on a track I've never driven before. :D

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS EVENT!!!!!

wildhorsesracin
04-30-2003, 11:53 AM
I can't wait either!

svt_coupe said:
I wish I had more experience learning how to drive fast on a track I've never driven before.

I got your new track virginity right HEEEYA!
just don't lap my arse! :D :thumbsup:

This should separate the pumpkins from the stems! :eek: :eek:

b_tone
04-30-2003, 12:27 PM
I wish I had more experience learning how to drive fast on a track I've never driven before.

shugg, to my undereducated ear it sounds as if you are already making excuses...are you scared?

svt_coupe
04-30-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by b_tone
shugg, to my undereducated ear it sounds as if you are already making excuses...are you scared?

Loc - yeah, in the dialect of that AI guy from Lewisville NC, "I'm perty skeered."

The only thing I'm scared about is you!! I'm staying away from your loose-cannon driving "style." Pearson, Jones, and others have never been on track with your wild arse self. I'll warn them to stay away from Brian "Rubbin's Racing!" Tone. :D :D :D

AI/X #08
04-30-2003, 03:50 PM
You want exuses, come to my camp. New racing series, new track, new team, brand new car, and all new competitors to race with. Sounds like a small challenge I'm willing to take on. Just keep Wilson and Tone away from me so I'll come back safe.:D Mark

HistoricMustang
04-30-2003, 04:04 PM
Perhaps they will put up road signs for you guys at Beaver Run (aka Sebring) since it is your first trip in. Sorry I cant make this one as the son is graduating from college and finally getting off the payroll.

Just remember, Scumit Point will be new for me so that should be interesting. One trick I learned to use on the old Porsche boys was to stick the long nose of this '65 right in the middle of a pack of them - they parted like the Red Sea. Somehow, I dont think that is going to work with you guys.

Are ya'll working on that "tradition" thing or am I going to have to bring the ole "5 Gallon paint bucket"?

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

wreckm
04-30-2003, 08:49 PM
OKAY SHUGG, YOU ARE GOING TO PAY. DONT START MAKING FUN OF THE PUMPKIN, JEALOUSY GETS YOU KNOWHERE. I HEARD A PHONE CALL THE OTHER NIGHT THAT I BET ALL AI RACERS WOULD LIKE TO HEAR!! OKAY I KNOW YOU ARE SORRY. SEE YA AT BEAVER RUN.

wildhorsesracin
04-30-2003, 09:18 PM
Yeah shugg, don't worry about the punkin...

I have fond memories of many races waving to hoovy as he sat in the grass next to various tracks, whether he was out of gas, or some other malady with 'the punkin'...

maybe the orange paint scheme is really 'camouflage' so we won't notice him so much sitting in the grass each lap as we pass by... :D :D :rotf: :rotf:

Also, I hope tone tries that trick he did at mid-o - I will certainly lap his arse if he heads for the pits!! ;)

COBRA #17
04-30-2003, 09:39 PM
What the hell is a PUNKIN ????
:bs: :what: :fart:

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

wildhorsesracin
04-30-2003, 10:39 PM
http://www.americaniron-east.com/drivers/jhoover17/hoovy.gif

svt_coupe
05-01-2003, 05:03 PM
What the hell is a PUNKIN ????
:bs: :what: :fart:

HA HA HA HA!!!

wreckm - (you know I love that car - payback for the cords comment, buddy)

wreckm
05-01-2003, 07:17 PM
COME TO THINK OF IT, WHAT IS A PUNKIN? MAYBE SOME N.C. SLANG. AND I THOUGHT WE WERE HILLBILLIES. NOW WE ARE EVEN.

AI/X #08
05-05-2003, 11:21 AM
We tested this weekend, found some problems but we are sure we will be at BeaveRun with you guys. Sounds like it will be a full field and a lot of fun. Here is a shot of the car at Mid-American Motorplex. We has just gotten the car off the dyno at 2 AM and drove the 6 hour trip to the track to get there in time to test Saturday. It rained Sunday so we didn't get much accomplished yesterday. Thanks for all the compliments at the track. Mark

http://www.cerraracing.com/images/Extreme%20Car%20Build%20pics/Extreme%20at%20MAM/aixfinalcheck.jpg

wildhorsesracin
05-05-2003, 01:18 PM
Sharp! Nice car!

johnbasf
05-05-2003, 04:24 PM
I look forward to seeing you and the car this weekend. :thumbsup:

COBRA #17
05-05-2003, 04:33 PM

We need to be on the grid side by side !!!!!:thumbsup:
( HOPEFULLY AT THE FRONT !!!)
Everybody behind us will have to fight the glare!!!!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Excelent looking car!!! We are going to put on one HELL of a show at the Beaver !!!!

I'll bring the disco ball Shugg you bring the cords, John you bring the tabacco,Jim you bring the plow,TONE you just bring your candy ARSE !!! !!!:thumbsup:

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

wildhorsesracin
05-05-2003, 04:43 PM
We truly need to make sure someone is videotaping from the sidelines at Beaverun - it should be awesome to watch Saturday nite...

COBRA #17
05-05-2003, 05:02 PM
We need to appoint an official Videographer!!! ( HMM BIG WORD, most likely not spelled right though!)

I'll talk to Dan soon and get on that. But we really need to get that done!!! This will be the biggest feild AI has feilded yet !!!

I'm sure I can get J to do some taping during practice and qualifying. I will have the cam in the car during the race. WHO has a spare camera they could bring ???

Jim you are usefull sometimes !!!:thumbsup: :rolleyes:
Other than holding the feild up from behind for me !!!:D

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

wildhorsesracin
05-05-2003, 05:22 PM
Thanks Hoovy!

Other than holding the feild up from behind for me !!!

You can bet I'll be in the right daym gear at the next event - and fighting with you for position in T1 ;)

SIUNARA
05-05-2003, 06:39 PM
No fear Hoover...I'll have an extra camera...and I plan to tape as much as possible!!! This is going to be too good NOT to get on tape!! :thumbsup: :D :D

COBRA #17
05-05-2003, 07:15 PM
Don your my HERO!!!
THANKS BUDDY !!!!
:thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

rshelbygt
05-05-2003, 07:53 PM
We need to appoint an official Videographer!!! WHO has a spare camera they could bring ???

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

I'm bringing our video camera, too!!! This should be one heck of an event!!! Wish I was participating instead of watching....

See you all in a few......

COBRA #17
05-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Jason it willl be good to see you again. I'm sure Shugg will be happy to have you there too. I actually saw him working on his own car at CMP. I should have taken a picture to prove it though !!!:D
Is Robin going to make the trip? I know Amy will be glad if she does !!!

I think you can make some serious $$$$ selling tapes from the weekend!!!:thumbsup:
Maybe we should contact Warner Brothers !!!
:thumbsup:

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

johnbasf
05-05-2003, 10:21 PM
Check this out.. http://www.nasaforums.com/viewforum.php?f=3

AI/X #08
05-05-2003, 10:45 PM
We need to be on the grid side by side !!!!! Everybody behind us will have to fight the glare!!!!

Works for me! I made the mistake of not painting the aluminum bulkhead and when the sun shines on it, I can't see out the rear window, so beware the people behind me.:)

We'll definitely be there as the spare engine is sitting ready to go in case we blow this one up on the dyno tomorrow. I think the problem is just a rocker arm, but we'll see.

Jen of Cerra Racing will be there video taping the race as well so we should have quite a few views. I will a different camcorder in the car as well to get all the field in front of me. Fortunately the mirror is so big you can see the field behind me too
:thumbsup:

See all of you soon and thanks for the comments. I'm just glad it's done. Mark

wreckm
05-06-2003, 08:59 PM
mark, cool looking car. Hope it runs like it looks or you could end up with the nickname cord boy! HA HA. see ya at the BEAV. will explain there.

2KWhiteSnake
05-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Listen up all you AI east nuts! Wish I could be there watching you guys tear it up at BR, but I'll be home sweating it in the yard. GG landscaping.

Anyway....you guys have a blast and BE SAFE out there. Watch out Shugg and Hoover, the Pearsonator is comin to get ya! I hope to see all you guys again very soon. I've gotta get the goodies on the car before getting some more seat time. :)

Wish you all the best of luck. Have a cold "adult beverage" for me :D

Be safe!

Craig

svt_coupe
05-07-2003, 09:07 AM
We tested this weekend

That car is just plain awesome looking. It looks so daym aggressive. I love those wheels...

I'm too darn excited about this weekend. Can't wait til it's here.

The corduroys will prevail!!!!!!!!! LOL!!

Shugg

AI/X #08
05-07-2003, 10:47 AM
mark, cool looking car. Hope it runs like it looks or you could end up with the nickname cord boy! HA HA. see ya at the BEAV. will explain there.

Yeah you're going to have to explain the corduroy thing as I just simply don't get it. Maybe I'm too young to understand.:D

It's not running too great right now. We think the problem was the mass air meter, but it still isn't making power over 4500. The suspension system is working, but the spring rates were wrong and I bent a steering rack. :o The shop has the car all torn apart safety checking every bolt right now and if I get the spring rates right, the brake system figured out, the car will be quick. We were a couple seconds off the pace at MAM, but a lot of that was the pedal was soft and I wasn't going to push it. We've got everything ready to go, see everyone there. Mark

AI/X #08
05-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Bring your umbrella's people, it doesn't look very sunny to me. :flush: Not good. Mark

Cobra-R
05-07-2003, 11:41 AM
Mark,
darn, if I would have put two and two together I would have realized that was you at MAM last weekend. Wish I would have come over and introduced myself. :(

That car looks great, hope you get the bugs worked out so you can go down and show these guys that people know how to drive from the cornbelt also. :thumbsup:

Brian

AI/X #08
05-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Brian,
Thanks for the encouragement. It's funny to go to these things and not recognize half of the people that you converse with over the forums. We were so busy we didn't notice half the people that talked with us were people I had been talking with for months. Only after the event did I realize who was who so don't feel bad. Being deep in the cornbelt I have to use ethanol in the car of course but only see that as an advantage. :D Give us some time, and we'll make you proud. Mark

wreckm
05-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Mark, Just find the(PUNKIN) at the Beav and we will all explain the the cord thing to you. Please do not wear any type of corduroy clothing though. It is personal attire for specific drivers!

johnbasf
05-07-2003, 07:10 PM
Mr. Tone directed me to post this, http://racenasa.com/event_Beaver_parking.htm

johnbasf
05-08-2003, 09:26 PM
Hey all, I'm in the Burgh. My brother took me to the track tonight. The track itself looks great but the complex is far from done. I wanted to go get the car and get a jump on you guys but.... See you all tomorrow.