PDA

View Full Version : Lowes Motor Speedway................

HistoricMustang
05-05-2003, 06:46 PM
I am trying to get these guys to come up and run AIX at Lowes.............since it is a horsepower track the early models should do pretty good.

Thanks,

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

johnbasf
05-05-2003, 07:04 PM
That would be AWESOME!!!! Bring 'em on!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

racercosmo
05-06-2003, 01:15 AM
Since I'm too lazy to find the schedule, when is the Lowes race again? Maybe, we'll load up the wagon and head out there.

HistoricMustang
05-06-2003, 06:36 AM
Here is the East schedule. Pantas did a good job putting this together.

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

SIUNARA
05-06-2003, 10:45 AM
Cos,

I heard (don't remember from who) that Bruce was coming out for the Lowe's event to run his #40 AIX car...is that true?

wildhorsesracin
05-06-2003, 07:06 PM
Bring 'em on! I love the old 'stangs, that's what sucked me into this giant racing hole.... ;) the rumble of a '67 'stang I used to own!!!

http://www.pantasfamily.org/JimsStangs_files/image024.jpg

ARGH! ARGH! ARGH!!

HistoricMustang
05-06-2003, 07:08 PM
OK, I talked to two more guys today with '65's and they are planning to make Lowes.

We will see.................heck If these guys can make it I might park mine, drink adult beverages and watch all the action. Wait till you see those vintage legal 289's's in these early models.

AIX #98
www.historicmustang.com

racercosmo
05-07-2003, 12:08 AM
There has been talk of some Fast Coast guys coming out to run at Lowes. Our truck holds two cars, Kevin Chambers can fit 4 in his rig, so we could probably get half the field out there.

HistoricMustang
05-07-2003, 07:01 AM
Lowes and The Glen are the two most fun places I have been in a race car and both are on the schedule this year. If at all possible get a load and come this way - you will not be disappointed. At Lowes there is no bus stop on the backstretch (you run the entire oval)and the infield has banking and elevation changes and Watkins Glen is a 5th gear track - what fun.

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

wildhorsesracin
05-07-2003, 08:50 AM
racercosmo said:
...There has been talk of some Fast Coast(?) guys coming out to run at Lowes...

You know MY response to that:

http://www.wildhorsesracing.com/images/bringiton.jpg

Actually it should be loads of fun at Lowes AND Watkins Glen...

SIUNARA
05-07-2003, 10:07 AM
Make it happen!! We need some actual races to decide who's faster instead of all this bench racing talk where everyone thinks they're the fastest!! :thumbsup: I'd have a front row seat to watch that action...Pantas, you still have a passenger seat right?! :thumbsup: :D ;)

COBRA #17
05-07-2003, 10:56 AM
I am pretty sure Mr. Griggs is coming out to Lowes. You think MM would send someone or something out here to make a showing. But I guess they would just get their A## kicked like they do out west. So why come all the way out here for that. I get it now !!!:thumbsup:

It is going to be a show!!!!:D I hear Lester is building a special chunk for Mr Griggs visit!!!

95cobraR
05-07-2003, 01:24 PM
I think historicmustang is a little too optimistic. (one of the blue/white stripes cars in his original post is mine).

I have road raced in a '65 and '94 Cobra for several years. The new cars handle better and stop better. You can fit bigger rubber in a SN95 car. My mostly stock '94 Cobra can run equal times as the full race '65 (and you can run the a/c).

Rather than bench race each other, why not we aim our horsepower at all the GM and Porsche stuff. Although I have never been to a NASA event (darn, if the rules aren't confusing!), the Mustangs (and one nice Tiger) have a hard time against all the Porsches we see at vintage events. They will out-brake you and pull in front, then hold you up in the corners. The Corvettes are known to ease you off the racing line in the marbles.

Of course, nothing is more satisfying than running better than a $75,000 German car.

SIUNARA
05-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Damn Hoover, no cookies for you...slamming MM like that. Have you figured out the ratio of cars running Griggs to MM out west lately...a Griggs car SHOULD be winning every race!! ;) No need to send anyone out here when they have the 67 car running...that's representation enough!! :thumbsup: ;) I've talked to Lester about Lowe's a few times...and let's just say he'll be MORE than ready for anyone that decides to come over from the west coast!! :D :thumbsup:

HistoricMustang
05-07-2003, 04:39 PM
95CobraR...Hey "D", you will not have trouble with the rules. Heck, if an old man like me can make sense out of them you young guys wll have no problems. I talked to the Weeks yesterday and the "black" '65 wll be at Lowes. That will prove real interersting.

Hey guys, here is a pic of "95CobraR's" '65 at Sebring. Of course he was ahead of me! Remember the roadsigns?

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

johnbasf
05-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by SIUNARA
Damn Hoover, no cookies for you...slamming MM like that. Have you figured out the ratio of cars running Griggs to MM out west lately...a Griggs car SHOULD be winning every race!! ;) No need to send anyone out here when they have the 67 car running...that's representation enough!! :thumbsup: ;) I've talked to Lester about Lowe's a few times...and let's just say he'll be MORE than ready for anyone that decides to come over from the west coast!! :D :thumbsup:

Thanks Don!!! :mad: :rotf: I think we can get one of those MM cars from the Slow coast out here.

johnbasf
05-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
Thanks Don!!! :mad: :rotf: I think we can get one of those MM cars from the Slow coast out here.

Yea, he slapped you too Pantas!!! :rotf:

svt_coupe
05-07-2003, 06:36 PM
I'm hunting for more power finally. 11.2:1 just ain't cuttin it.

johnbasf
05-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by svt_coupe
I'm hunting for more power finally. 11.2:1 just ain't cuttin it.

I can help you with the weight, be patient with me Shugg. How many more pounds do you need off to get to 9.5?

SIUNARA
05-07-2003, 11:54 PM
This discussion begs the question...

Which weigh more...jeans or cords? There could be potential gains by leaving the cords in the closet this weekend!! ;) ;) :thumbsup:

Didn't mean to leave you and Pantas out to dry Pearson, you know you guys REPRESENT too brutha!! :D :D ;)

COBRA #17
05-08-2003, 11:04 PM
Don, I can't figure you YANKS out one minute your scratching his back next thing you know your sticken a knife in it !!!:D

That is a good one though!!!:rotf:
In fact one of the best !!!!!:thumbsup:

"The slow coast" That's a good one too! I hope some of those beach boys bring their stuff out here!!! We'll send them back with their tail between their leggs!!! :thumbsup:

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17