PDA

View Full Version : Banana for sale

98banana
05-06-2003, 10:14 AM
I'm selling all of my race stuff. I just can't get into racing for personal and financial reasons right now, so my loss is your gain. (I hate that phrase!) :D

The following is what I have:

1987 Mustang Hatchback - $3500
This is a complete shell, no glass, full race cage, Griggs In-Floor Frame kit, Griggs Severe Duty Torque Arm, Griggs Panhard Bar, Griggs WC Rear Lower Control Arms. It also includes the original 4 cyl. rear end and front k-member, so the car can be rolled.

Interior is completely stripped including removal of all sound deadener. See www.planetmustang.com for more details. Cage pics will be up in a week or so.

Complete Rear-end assembly - $1200
From a '98 Cobra. This does not include the brakes and wheels. It does include a diff coller with all plumbing that includes a Tilton oil pump, Earls cooler, TA Diff Cover. It also includes 3.73 AND 4.10 gears.

'98 Cobra Brakes - Make offer... (Don gets first dibs)
Complete stock PBR brakes with (I think) stock rears, Brembo front rotors. CarboTech 1107 rear pads and 1108 front pads. I have a brand-new, still in the box set of 1108's for the front that will be included.

'98 Mod motor - $2000
Includes stock t-45 tranny. I'll replace the broken timing chain cover. If somebody I know buys it, then you don't have to pay me until it is in your car and running. I'm 99% sure it will run, but there's always a chance it won't since it hit a wall pretty hard. This engine is all stock except for the Canton pan and windage trey.

Accusump - $200
Electric valve, 3 qt. I'll throw in the sandwich adapter and 10' braided -10 hose.

(3) SSR Integral (polished) wheels with Fair Hoosier tires - $600

Autometer guages - 1/2 retail
All are phantom guages and are electric
Speedo
Tach with shift light
(3) Oil temp
Oil pressure
Water temp
Fuel level
Longacre start button

Steering wheel and shaft - $600
Momo wheel with quick-release. Coleman steering column bracket. Race steering shaft.

Griggs coil-over kit - ???
I need to research this one. I'll include the 1 good struct and rear shocks if you're interested. They're Koni yellow DA front and SA rear. I think they're 250# springs front and 425# rear.

There may be more, but I need to take inventory

SIUNARA
05-06-2003, 10:52 AM
You've got a PM.

1-QIK-SNK
05-06-2003, 07:22 PM
I would be interested in your water temp & oil presure gauges if you still have them and will part them out. You can email me here at millerk@bright.net

Let me knbow if you still have them and what you want for them.

Thanks
Kerry Miller
96 cobra
Kenny Brown AGS 5 w/ street cage
scmc member

tnturbo
05-06-2003, 11:06 PM
I'm interested in the Griggs coilover stuff, PM or email me with more info and pricing. Got any Griggs SN-95 front control arms for sale by any chance?

98banana
05-07-2003, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by tnturbo
I'm interested in the Griggs coilover stuff, PM or email me with more info and pricing. Got any Griggs SN-95 front control arms for sale by any chance?

I have 1 control arm. :) The driver's side was destroyed in the original banana crash.

I've got one other guy inquiring on the coil-overs but I'll let you know on the price on Thursday after I research a few things. (I'm heading out the door to Nashville right now.)

sn8kbit
05-07-2003, 04:36 PM
heading out the door to Nashville, and cain't call a brutha? Was up wid dat?;)

tnturbo
05-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Sent you a PM.

98banana
05-08-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by sn8kbit
heading out the door to Nashville, and cain't call a brutha? Was up wid dat?;)

Every time I go there, I think about calling you but I'm always in and out.

The trip yesterday consisted of leaving my house at 4:00AM, arriving in Cheatham County by way of Ashville and Knoxville at 12:00 EST (after driving through many, many horrible storms. The Focus sucks in the rain!) I was at the school for 30 minutes, fixed the problem and drove back home via Chattanooga(sp?) and Atlanta (trying to avoid the storms. Doh!, didn't work). I got home at 9:00PM.

That's 4 states, 8 cities, 965 miles, 17 hours, 3 tanks of gas (30mpg), 3-24oz bottles of Deerfield water, and 4 rest area stops:). My hands are sore from white-knuckling the steering wheel.

And the worst part: I could have fixed the problem from home!:mad:

EDIT: I did get to see some of the most beautiful lightning I've ever seen. Driving into Atlanta, I saw lightning strike several of the taller buildings and a few antennas, some simultaneously. And there was no rain at the time.