PDA

View Full Version : BeaveRun...

SIUNARA
05-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Since no one gave an update yet...here's a quick one from this weekend...

Sat. AI
1.) Hoover
2.) Shugg
3.) Fisher

AIX
1.) Tone
2.) J. Behrendt
3.) Schlickenmeyer

Sun AI
1.) Shugg
2.) D. Smeltzer
3.) Hoover

AIX
1.) Schlickenmeyer
2.) Tone
3.) Pantas

All in all it was a good weekend, except for the mud, wind, tornado like storms, and the speaker located 15 feet from our pit area. ;)

Mystic_Cobra
05-12-2003, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the update. Congrats to the winners!
Can't wait to see pics and videos...:bounce:

svt_coupe
05-12-2003, 02:06 PM
This event rocked. The Ohio/Indiana guys are top notch people. Not a bad attitude in one of them. It was great to meet new AI faces and only wish we ran with them the entire season. They have a really great series developing and I'm very glad we're running with them a couple times this season. The field was pretty large with ~23 AI/X cars running. It's rumored that Watkins Glen will have 40 cars, so things are really gaining momentum on the East coast (OH/Indy included)

Don and Jason - you guys rule. Thanks for the help this weekend. Your respective wives must be the most understanding people on the face of the planet.

Pearson - Considering the relatively minor amount of track time that John has, he's flying out there. John has come a long way in a short amount of time. Also considering he's running a virtually stock front end on the car, a stock motor, and a slow paint job ( :D ), his lap times are impressive and will only continue to drop. You be the man Pearson. Your a man of constant sorrow. (BTW - I couldn't find one of my Rhino ramps. Did you happen to run across it on Sunday anywhere?)

Smeltzer - I had an absolute blast out there with you on Sunday. I was absolutely amazed at how well you move through traffic! I really think that if there wasn't a yellow flag, the race outcome could have been different. You are a great driver and a great racer. I can't wait to run side-by-side with you again at Summit Point. :D Man that was a lot of fun!!!! Mark my words - big things will come of Dean.

Pantyass - I didn't really see you on track... EVER... the entire weekend. I'm not sure how in all of the practice, qualifying, and race sessions, I didn't run into you on track!! What's up with that?! I normally spend a lot of time around you. (no comments from the Corduroy Inquisition, please)

Hoover - I'm wearing my new team shirt to work today and people think I'm weird. Congrats on a great weekend buddy.

Jay (wreckm) - have you ever considered selling your T-shirt artwork? heh heh heh :moon:

Tone - your dad told me your quarter panel should only be around $6-7G's to fix. I'll send you the bill for my front fender too - it should be much less than that. :D :D (kidding obviously)

Jimmy - gut the mystic. You're ready for AI.

Thanks to Hoover, Schlickenmeyer, Eric Mehan, Lawrence Mansier, and the rest of the NASA Ohio/Indy team for putting on a great race weekend. I know everybody really appreciates what you do for the series.

johnbasf
05-12-2003, 03:29 PM
Hey all, I just got home. Jim and I decided to camp out last night in WV. The high winds were incredible.

Thanks for the kind words Bryan. You guys are a great model to follow.

Dean Smeltzer is the man!!! You were flying out there. I'll get some vids as soon as I recover from this weekend.

Ohio-Indiana folks were all top notch guys. I look forward to racing with them at Summit Point.

Mystic_Cobra
05-12-2003, 04:14 PM
Thanks, Bryan. If I can get things straightened out at home, I'll be out there with you guys. Whereever home is going to be...

I will definitely be at Summit in June (since I'm basically walking distance). Whether I'm driving HDPE or just spectating, I'll help you guys out in the pits anyway I can.

98banana
05-12-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by svt_coupe
... Not a bad attitude in one of them. ...

What about the rest of them??? j/k

Glad you folks had fun out there. Sorry I had to miss it, but I spent 19 hours in a Cat skid-steer burying my pool. Yeah!

Dean! You are the man! 2nd on Sunday in your second race ever! Dayum!

And congrats to Hoover, Shugg, Tone and Schlickenmeyer on their wins and to everybody else involved.

Cobra-R
05-12-2003, 04:51 PM
Congrats guys, sounds like alot of fun. :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
05-12-2003, 05:36 PM
Congrats to the winners and it sounds like everyone had a great time!! Hey Dean you got SECOND?? WOW and I didn't hear of you spinning once?? Well things are changing! ;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) :rotf: I'm glad everyone had fun and got home safely! I'll have to try harder to make it to the next race!

STU
05-12-2003, 05:40 PM
Congratulations to all of you!!

Dean, sounds like all the hard work showed results. Congratulations.

mwilson7
05-12-2003, 06:23 PM
So this is where all the SVT AI guys are hanging out!

Dean certainly put some hurt on the AI group. Now I'm going to have to go ahead with that 347 I have been threatening people with just to keep up!

It was definitely a great time and it really was a great race considering that we had 25ish cars start and only one slight car to car contact between a couple of yahoos in the front! Just think....if this was an A-Sedan race we would have lost 1/3 of the field to mechanical problems and another 1/3 in car to car contact. Then again we would have had to be at the nationals to get this many cars together.

I'm looking forward to running at Summit Point with the whole Virginia group! Just need to make a few minor changes between now and then....... ;)

johnbasf
05-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Hey Mark. Great to meet you! I'd like to make a BUNCH of changes.;)

98banana
05-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
Hey Mark. Great to meet you! I'd like to make a BUNCH of changes.;)

Hey John! Who's this passing you?

http://www.planetmustang.com/Movies/SCMC'ers%20duke%20it%20out.WMV

97whitevert
05-12-2003, 07:16 PM
Congrats Guys!! sounds like it was a good time- wish we coulda been there.
Dean congrats on a great second race!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

wreckm
05-12-2003, 08:06 PM
It seems as though the full moon was out on the way home last night! I just wanted to take a second to let all of the AI guys and gals that everyone is top notch.I have had a great time with all of you. Good friends are hard to come by these days.John, this is for you!! We still need a head count for dinner at Summit, remember Amy has the best meat in town! And we have gazuoy people coming so get us the numbers. THE FULL MOON RULES !

johnbasf
05-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Right back at ya Jay. Count on me and maybe Dianne for the cookout. The ORANGE MOON rules.

I would also like to thank all the ladies for all the baked goods this weekend. SUPER!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

COBRA #17
05-12-2003, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't call it a full moon. It was only half a moon. I guess we need to train these city slickers a little bit more!!!:thumbsup:

As for the weekend. MAN WHAT A HOOOOT !!!!
I wish I had the first 2 laps to do over again. I have a vac leak and it is spiking my boost on my brakes and it locked my brakes several times over the weekend. Thus letting Shugg, Dean( great job dude!!) and Jones by me early in the race sun. I would love to have been there to mix it up with you 2 late in the race. You won't be so lucky next time !!!!!

This is a small taste of what is to come of AI's future!!!
I wouldn't even make the comparison to Asedan.:flush:
We have WAY more class, way more freindship,and WAAAAAYYYY more fun!!!!

With a few small exceptions everyone did a SUPER job over the weekend. If any one has any concerns or questions from the weekend please feel free to contact Dan or I .

It was great to meet all of the new guys and put faces with cars and posts on the boards. I am SO proud of the quality of cars and people we have drawn to AI!!!:thumbsup:

As for the Summit Point STEAK FEST we came to a total of $8 per person or $15 per couple. This includes Rib Eye, Baked tater, rolls, and some sides. Bring your favorite bev and join the family atmosphere and try to block out all of Pantas's :bs: !!

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

STU
05-12-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by mwilson7

Welcome Mark, You'll find a great bunch of people hanging around here and all the other forums.

SIUNARA
05-12-2003, 08:50 PM
Count me in on the Summit Point dinner thing...not sure about Jeanine yet...but I'll let you know when she makes up her mind.

What a blast this past weekend was...can't wait for Summit!! :D

NJ2000R
05-12-2003, 09:35 PM
very cool! :thumbsup:

congrats everyone, wish I was there....Count me in at The Glen in October, as I'm going to be there with PDA....I did get some track time in on Saturday at Pocono with PDA, and they told us that you guys were running Pocono in July also....I'll check the dates and see if I can make that one too....

COBRA #17
05-12-2003, 10:27 PM
Here's one for ya!! River pearson !!!

COBRA #17
05-12-2003, 10:29 PM
WHAT A STUDDD!!!!

COBRA #17
05-12-2003, 10:31 PM
2 MORE STUDDS !!!!

mwilson7
05-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Are the OH/IN guys invited to the Steak fest? If so how do we sign up?

Since Scott Whitehead was out of comission he became the official AI/AIX photographer and took over 200 pictures during qualifying and during the race. I'm sure they will be posted in a day or two.

mwilson7
05-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Here's me catching a little air coming over the hill. We have a GREAT shot of Dean catching air and one of Tone's front wheel at LEAST 8" off the ground!

COBRA #17
05-12-2003, 10:40 PM
Just email me with how many you are planning on bringing!!!

Just don't tell TONE !!!:D

WHAT A GOOD LOOKING BUNCH OF CARS !!!

COBRA #17
05-12-2003, 10:42 PM
My man Dan !!!!!!

COBRA #17
05-12-2003, 10:50 PM
I can't stop !!!! Jim (I can't keep my pants up) Pantas !!!

wreckm
05-12-2003, 10:50 PM
Okay HOOVY, You posted the wrong pic!!! I thought we were supposed to be seeing Shuggalicious's new team shirt!

COBRA #17
05-12-2003, 10:57 PM
Sorry your camera has a different plug than mine !!! I tried !!!

But anyway !!!

racercosmo
05-12-2003, 11:25 PM
Good job guys. I'd like to come out and at least watch one of those big races you have. We're getting 30+ car groups combined with the CMC guys, but half of the AI field doesn't like to drive more than 2 hours to go race.

kevin
05-13-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Cobra-R
Congrats guys, sounds like alot of fun. :thumbsup:

you gonna give 'em a run fer their money with the diesel AI scooter?:eek: :D

kevin
05-13-2003, 02:53 AM
looks like you guys had a lot of fun. sure wish i were there too:(

way to go dean. you still gotta wear those rookie strips?:D

all y'all have fun and continue to be safe:thumbsup:

98banana
05-13-2003, 08:42 AM
NO MORE PICTURES!!!! I'm starting to regret being responsible. :(

Cobra-R
05-13-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by kevin
you gonna give 'em a run fer their money with the diesel AI scooter?:eek: :D

I would, but I don't have a SCCA approved cage on the scooter. :(:thumbsup:

mwilson7
05-13-2003, 11:17 AM
One of my sharp eyed friends noticed my windshield banner which everyone else missed.....

NJ2000R
05-13-2003, 11:19 AM
LOL....who's the photoshop expert around here? :rotf: :rotf:

Cobra-R
05-13-2003, 11:36 AM
One of my sharp eyed friends noticed my windshield banner which everyone else missed.....

Oh Boy! :eek: :doubt: :rotf: :rotf:

drudis
05-13-2003, 12:00 PM
These are photos that were taken at BeaverRun May 2003. Scott and Darren used my camera equipment to capture some really nice photos. I didnt have time to sort thru them, so there are ALL (ok 195) photos posted!
FOLLOW THIS LINK HERE:
http://www.dariusrudis.com/mustang/events/BeaverRun_May_2003

[I recommend scrolling thru the index (left) to view on the main window]

p.s. Anyone want a CD of the fullsize photos, contact me directly at DRudis@DariusRudis.com .
I may even create a DVD of all the photos, so you can play them thru your DVD player on widescreen TV. Open to suggestions for an appropriate soundtrack. :thumbsup:

http://www.dariusrudis.com/mustang/events/BeaverRun_May_2003/images/IMG_8466.JPG

cobrabitn
05-13-2003, 12:07 PM
I thought the idea was to keep the tires. all four of them, on the ground? :rotf: Nice pic, really cool...... Can one of you do a write up for the front page of the SCMC website and we can put that picture on there? I think it would be neat. Just a few shots with a brief story to go with it?:doubt:

Calvin_1976
05-13-2003, 12:07 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

wildhorsesracin
05-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Hey all -
The pics and videos and results are UP!!!

http://www.americaniron-east.com

It was truly awesome - everyone was great to drive with...

Dean95CobraR
05-13-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by svt_coupe
This event rocked. The Ohio/Indiana guys are top notch people. Not a bad attitude in one of them. It was great to meet new AI faces and only wish we ran with them the entire season. They have a really great series developing and I'm very glad we're running with them a couple times this season. The field was pretty large with ~23 AI/X cars running. It's rumored that Watkins Glen will have 40 cars, so things are really gaining momentum on the East coast (OH/Indy included)

Thanks to Hoover, Schlickenmeyer, Eric Mehan, Lawrence Mansier, and the rest of the NASA Ohio/Indy team for putting on a great race weekend. I know everybody really appreciates what you do for the series.

I agree!! I wish we ran with you guys every event. What a great bunch of guys.:thumbsup:

I knew I would love W2W racing but nothing prepared me for the rush I got from being out there with all you. It seems like it should be illegal to feel that ultimate high.

I will have to say starting from the back of the pack on Saturday was something I will always remember and I wish I would have caught all the action on tape. I was kinda bummed about having to start back there but it taught me a lot. The biggest thing was that most out there are real racers, but there are some that are not. I'm not talking about skill/speed but just attitude.

Shugg - I don't think I've ever had so much fun chasing someone like I did you. I kept waiting for you to slip but you never did. Always smooth and under control. Not once did you block me or change your line and to me that is a true mark of a great champion and a real racer!:thumbsup:

Pearson - I want to thank you for all the advise and help this weekend. You taught me a lot and I will always be greatful. Thank you again for being a class act and giving more than enough room to get by you while I was chasing Shugg. Yes, another real racer.:thumbsup:

Hoover - It was great meeting you and I wish we could have mixed it up on Sunday. I understand why you weren't up there with us since I had the same problems on Saturday with the same guy. I just don't understand some peoples ideas of what this series is about. :(

Pantas - Yeah, I had heard rumors about you and your car. I guess I found out they were all true. ;) :D All kidding aside, it was great meeting you and running with you on the track. :thumbsup:

I also want to thank Wilson/Whitehead and Tone for taking care of this wide eyed rookie during his first race weekend. For those of you that didn't get to sample Tone's cooking, it was awesome!!:thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone else that gave me a helping hand and incouragement. :cool:

Dean95CobraR
05-13-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by STU
Congratulations to all of you!!

Dean, sounds like all the hard work showed results. Congratulations.

Yeah, the first race on Saturday made it all worth it. :D

Dean95CobraR
05-13-2003, 02:22 PM

Dean certainly put some hurt on the AI group. Now I'm going to have to go ahead with that 347 I have been threatening people with just to keep up!

It was definitely a great time and it really was a great race considering that we had 25ish cars start and only one slight car to car contact between a couple of yahoos in the front! Just think....if this was an A-Sedan race we would have lost 1/3 of the field to mechanical problems and another 1/3 in car to car contact. Then again we would have had to be at the nationals to get this many cars together.

I'm looking forward to running at Summit Point with the whole Virginia group! Just need to make a few minor changes between now and then....... ;)

Hey Mark! Glad you made it over here to our little corner of the net. A great bunch of guys hang out here.

I can't wait till you get that 347 in there. It's amazing what a few ponies do for you. You didn't think I was just going to let you just glide through the year did you? ;)

Any help you need wrenching on the car, just let me know.

Dean95CobraR
05-13-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by wreckm
It seems as though the full moon was out on the way home last night! I just wanted to take a second to let all of the AI guys and gals that everyone is top notch.I have had a great time with all of you. Good friends are hard to come by these days.John, this is for you!! We still need a head count for dinner at Summit, remember Amy has the best meat in town! And we have gazuoy people coming so get us the numbers. THE FULL MOON RULES !

Hey Jay!
It was great meeting you. Hoover is a lucky guy to have a helping hand like you.:thumbsup:

If us midwest guys are invited to the cookout, could you put me down for 2 spots?:)

Dean95CobraR
05-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by johnbasf
Right back at ya Jay. Count on me and maybe Dianne for the cookout. The ORANGE MOON rules.

I would also like to thank all the ladies for all the baked goods this weekend. SUPER!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes!! Great cookies.

Here's what John looked like most of the weekend.;)

http://www.inger.net/uploaded_images/cookie.jpg

Dean95CobraR
05-13-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by 98banana
Hey John! Who's this passing you?

http://www.planetmustang.com/Movies/SCMC'ers%20duke%20it%20out.WMV

Great video!!

This was the pass I was talking about. Thanks again John!

Dean95CobraR
05-13-2003, 02:40 PM

:thumbsup: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dean95CobraR
05-13-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by drudis
These are photos that were taken at BeaverRun May 2003. Scott and Darren used my camera equipment to capture some really nice photos. I didnt have time to sort thru them, so there are ALL (ok 195) photos posted!
[b]FOLLOW THIS LINK HERE:
http://www.dariusrudis.com/mustang/events/BeaverRun_May_2003

[I recommend scrolling thru the index (left) to view on the main window]

p.s. Anyone want a CD of the fullsize photos, contact me directly at DRudis@DariusRudis.com .
I may even create a DVD of all the photos, so you can play them thru your DVD player on widescreen TV. Open to suggestions for an appropriate soundtrack.

Great photos. Thanks Scott and Darius.

I think I know why I broke an exhaust mount. :eek:

http://www.dariusrudis.com/mustang/events/BeaverRun_May_2003/images/IMG_8501.JPG

Dean95CobraR
05-13-2003, 03:02 PM
Gives me goose bumps just thinking about the start of Sunday's race. :bounce:

http://www.dariusrudis.com/mustang/events/BeaverRun_May_2003/images/IMG_8548.JPG

sn8kbit
05-13-2003, 03:40 PM
Congrats to all of ya!

Dean, I can't tell you how glad I am to see that car finally on track! Great job. Now I need to get off my lazy butt and get those stickers made....;)

98banana
05-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Dean95CobraR
Gives me goose bumps just thinking about the start of Sunday's race. :bounce:

http://www.dariusrudis.com/mustang/events/BeaverRun_May_2003/images/IMG_8548.JPG

You know, I love Ford and all, but where the heck are all the Chevy's? I would honestly love to see some more out there.

I think I may wear a bow tie when I finally get into AI...

johnbasf
05-13-2003, 05:39 PM
I would like to see more Chevys also. If more Chevys get into it I hope they are all as great as David Smith. I had a blast out there with him all weekend. We weren't running up front but we had a great dual all weekend, thanks Dave. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

STU
05-13-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 98banana
You know, I love Ford and all, but where the heck are all the Chevy's? I would honestly love to see some more out there.

I think I may wear a bow tie when I finally get into AI...

Tom, that is representitive of all the opentracking events and driver schools I have been too. Even at F-body club events the Fords seem to out number them. There have just been a whole lot more Mustangs sold than other brands.

wreckm
05-13-2003, 09:10 PM
Dean, you a family now. Sure you are more than welcome to the feast. You did a super job this weekend! Look forward to seeing you at Summit.

COBRA #17
05-13-2003, 10:22 PM
THE ONE We've all been waiting for !!!!

wildhorsesracin
05-13-2003, 10:38 PM
racercosmo said:
but half of the AI field doesn't like to drive more than 2 hours to go race.

HOLY COW!!! Did anyone drive LESS than 2 hours to Beaverun?!?! I know of a few of us that drove 8-10 hrs - and will do the same thing next month at Summit Point!!!

johnbasf
05-13-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by wildhorsesracin

HOLY COW!!! Did anyone drive LESS than 2 hours to Beaverun?!?! I know of a few of us that drove 8-10 hrs - and will do the same thing next month at Summit Point!!!

In very high winds!! :eek: :eek:

COBRA #17
05-13-2003, 11:05 PM
WHINE WHINE WHINE !!!!:(

Good grief, they wouldn't make it out here EH guys !!!!

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

wildhorsesracin
05-13-2003, 11:18 PM
So I guess that means that AI/EAST racers drive...

FURTHER... :D

LONGER... :thumbsup:

HARDER... :spanked:

DEEPER... :flash:

FASTER... :tomcat:

AI/X #08
05-14-2003, 02:20 AM
Nah, my guys drove 12 hours to get there. We unfortunately got there late on Saturday AM and weren't able to park next to the AI guys. Sorry we weren't able to spend more time getting to know everyone, but we were far away and had all sorts of problems this weekend. Thanks for the help all, and We'll be a little more competitive next race when we dont blow tires and motors. Mark

Black Horse
05-14-2003, 12:54 PM
It sounds like everyone had a great time....makes me want to get out there all the more! Save me a spot as the AI Virgin next year, this year I need to make the driver as fast as the car seems to be.

Dean...congrads on your effort...all that time laying on your back staring through that empty engine bay was certainly worth it!

:bounce: I can't wait!!!!:bounce:

wreckm
05-14-2003, 10:53 PM
Hoovy, can we get some shirts like this? I do not know who made it but it is top quality.

johnbasf
05-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Gazuoy!!!! amount of COOKIES. :rotf:

SIUNARA
05-15-2003, 12:45 AM
Dinner deal...

Count Jeanine in on the Summit dinner feast...she said there's no way she's gonna turn down an opportunity to see Hoover "flat foot"!! ;) :thumbsup:

justagt
05-15-2003, 01:45 PM
If this is the start of the list for the SP cookout then put me down for it.

wildhorsesracin
05-15-2003, 02:11 PM
but are you just cookin' or will you be drivin'? :eek: :thumbsup:

justagt
05-15-2003, 04:03 PM
I SHOULD be driving. If not, I will be watching and stewing. :D

justagt
05-15-2003, 04:11 PM
this sucks.... my signature isn't working. how can i fix that?

SIUNARA
05-15-2003, 06:26 PM
Will,

That would ROCK if you were driving!!! I hope everything works out for you...either way...I'm looking forward to seeing you again!! :D :thumbsup:

johnbasf
05-15-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by justagt
this sucks.... my signature isn't working. how can i fix that?

It shows the sig in your first post Will. They did that to save bandwidth. You can PM 97whitevert on how to make that a link in your sig.

COBRA #17
05-15-2003, 11:33 PM
That is great news Will I hope you get that ride mobile again!!!!
It will be cool to see you go by again!!!!!

I have a little politics to post. I have seenposts and heard phone coversation from people that are voicing negs about other drivers. Now there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism. If you see me do something on track that you don't feel is right PLEASE come to me and tell me. Such the problem we had sun might have been headed off if it was delt with sooner if we knew it was a problem. Basicly what I want to say is SPEAK UP IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!!! The person may not realize it!!!
WE ARE IN THIS THING TOGETHER AND WE HAVE TO WORK TOGETHER TO KEEP IT GOING !!!!!!!!
THANKS I'LL STEP DOWN !!!!
AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

SIUNARA
05-16-2003, 12:17 AM
I have a problem I'd like to voice Hoover...you are driving entirely TOO fast...could you do me a favor and slow down a little bit out there...I'd like to have a chance when I finally decide to get there with you guys you know!! Pass that along to all the other AI drivers if you would!! ;) ;) :thumbsup:

wildhorsesracin
05-16-2003, 12:26 AM
That 'punkin' car is blinding me in the sunlight and made me go 2-3 seconds slower this past weekend... can we have the 'punkin' stemmed and possibly turned into a 'squash'?
:eek: :rotf: :rotf: :eek:

mwilson7
05-16-2003, 06:56 AM
I agree completely with SIUNARA! Some of the AI drivers were simply driving WAY to fast! Some might even say out of control. I'm assuming the situation you were refering to was the orange car in the front that was driving so far over his head that he ended up going off the track on turn 11! Thankfully most other drivers were cool headed enough to just take the correct line and pass him on the inside. Hopefully some pulled him aside after the race on Sunday and gave him the business......

I would suggest that in future races I be allowed to set the pace and everyone else just follow behind. It would really make things a lot easier!! :thumbsup:

Dean95CobraR
05-16-2003, 08:26 AM
I agree completely with SIUNARA! Some of the AI drivers were simply driving WAY to fast! Some might even say out of control. I'm assuming the situation you were refering to was the orange car in the front that was driving so far over his head that he ended up going off the track on turn 11! Thankfully most other drivers were cool headed enough to just take the correct line and pass him on the inside. Hopefully some pulled him aside after the race on Sunday and gave him the business......

I would suggest that in future races I be allowed to set the pace and everyone else just follow behind. It would really make things a lot easier!! :thumbsup:

Ahhhh, come on Mark. Hoover's smoking/skidding tires were so purty. ;)

wildhorsesracin
05-16-2003, 09:03 AM
True, I just figured he was takin' the punkin' back to the patch...:D

You know what they say... "You can take the punkin out of the patch, but you can't take the patch out of the punkin...:thumbsup: "

Or was that stem out of the punkin? I am not sure about these hillbilly sayings...:D :D

justagt
05-16-2003, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, homies. Ask Shugg.... it was killing me not to be there at BR. I did pick up the short block today during lunch.

COBRA #17
05-16-2003, 08:43 PM
I don't like the squash word !!!

And as for slowing down, I have only one thing to say !!

STEP UP !!!!!!
:thumbsup: :D :thumbsup: :D

AI EAST Asst Director
COBRA #17

HistoricMustang
05-17-2003, 04:54 PM
There is only one way to slow Hoov down and I made him the offer at CMP...................drive my '65. He said he would before season is over. That will be interesting.

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

HistoricMustang
05-20-2003, 08:49 PM
Hey, check this out. Bet I have the longest haul to Summit Point. From Augusta about 10 hours..........................maybe you guys will cut me some slack.

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com

AI/X #08
05-20-2003, 10:34 PM
Sorry Henry, we're looking at a 14 hour haul from Clinton Iowa. This is one area I can win.;)

HistoricMustang
05-21-2003, 08:34 PM
Great stuff..............................I will supply the adult beverages. Look me up as mine is the oldest ride in American Iron.

AIX #97
www.historicmustang.com